Author Topic: Rev controller copy PPC emulation?  (Read 1662 times)

Offline diiskrej

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Rev controller copy PPC emulation?
« on: July 22, 2005, 01:06:37 AM »
I have been thinking about how the revolution controller could play all the past console games and I came up with an idea. If anyone here has ever used super nintendo emulation on a pocket PC you will know what i am talking about. You emulate a snes controller on your touch screen and use it to play. If the REV controller was to use a touch screen, this could be one of the ways it could be done, although you would need some kind of friction on the pad to make it would for games that require complicated pad movements (fighting, platforming). Just my 2 cents.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Rev controller copy PPC emulation?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 04:01:45 AM »
Forget it, touchscreens report only one position at a time.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 11:37:41 AM »
actually, there's a kludge I read DS developer talking about that works like this: On the DS screen, if you touch two seperate points, the screen measures the distance between the two touches and put the contact in the middle. So, if you pushed B on the left and A on the right, it would register between the two virtual buttons. The developer could hide an A+B touch area there.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
RE:Rev controller copy PPC emulation?
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 02:31:40 PM »
Actually I read about touch screens with multi/simutaneous input points, but they were too expensive.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 05:33:27 PM »
Shy Guy: Imagin the SNES controller. A+Y and B+X would have the same middle point.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.