Author Topic: DS Press Conference/Title Reactions - DS  (Read 7151 times)

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
DS Press Conference/Title Reactions - DS
« on: May 17, 2005, 12:06:33 PM »
I'm more excited about the DS than I have EVER been about my Gameboy. I'm far more excited than about Revolution. As pathetic as the Rev showing was, the DS showing looks great. I wish they'd actually demonstrated Mario kart and the new Mario, but I guess we can't complain

How do you feel the DS stacks up to the PSP now? With all the games announced, and the lack thereof on PSP, I feel like E3 has changed a lot of my worries into happy delight.

Offline Savior

• I want one too!
    • View Profile
RE: DS Press Conference/Title Reactions - DS
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 12:14:15 PM »
I want to know more of the DS Online stuff... we only know THPS, Mario Kart and Animal Crossing but yeah im exited about it too
The Savior Returns Late 2005

Offline NRevolutionR

• View Profile
RE:DS Press Conference/Title Reactions - DS
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 12:16:15 PM »
I'll give you a hell yah and agree about the DS kicking the PSP's ass and taking it's name.

The Master of Spelling errors at work here.

For some good positive coverage go to PGC     or

Bleed Nintendo

I swear it's non profit, and is just something I've done for a college  assignment.  
Quote<BR>    opĀ·tiĀ·mist<BR>    n.<BR>    1. One who usually expects a favorable outcome<BR>    2. Bill Aurion<BR><BR>    Quote<BR>    pes'siĀ·mist<BR>    n.<BR>    1. A person who expects the worst<BR>    2. Ian Sane

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 12:16:24 PM »
Well the New Super Mario Bros sure looks like it could sell a DS to me.  I'm seeing some better stuff but there's still nothing that to me really sells the DS concept.  The best games seem to be more traditional while the games that make proper use of the DS are gimmicky.  They still need to show me a game that has the depth of the more traditional games but makes heavy use the DS features.

As for how it compares to the PSP I don't know.  The PSP seems to be dropping off the face of the Earth.  The launch lineup was pretty cool but I'm not seeing anything else since then to really grab my attention.  I won't give the DS the title yet but it's looking a lot better while the PSP is starting to look worse.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 12:31:36 PM »
Ian:  Meteos seems to be a great original idea that uses the DS software well.  Animal Crossing DS as well.  Sure it can be done on a normal platform, but the DS just makes it much easier and more innovative.

Offline Savior

• I want one too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 12:36:55 PM »
Yeah Meteos Looks great. It would be wise if Nintendo would package it in with the DS, later on, like for the Christmas rush or something. Especially since Prime Hunters will be out
The Savior Returns Late 2005

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 12:59:38 PM »
Mario Kart DS multiplayer will be playable at the show floor, I'm anticipating kickass impressions.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 01:18:06 PM »
With all these great new DS titles on the horizon, I find it incredibly annoying how few quality titles we have available now.

I'm feeling pretty impatient.  

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 03:42:05 PM »
My most anticipated game has gotten another name change.  I'm still just gonna call it Another.  That one is gonna rock my socks off, I just know it.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 03:48:56 PM »
I want to know what happened to Nintendo Tetris and especially Metroid Dread.

This is all I need, Nintendo. Give me the straw that will break this camel's back. Give me a Metroid Dread screen and I will buy the DS on the spot.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Noble~Feather

• DS Sp@Mm3r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 08:11:57 PM »
What's even better is that the show hasn't even begun yet. When E3's over, we'll be left with a TON of huge DS titles revealed.  
This message has been approved by Noble Feather.

Offline Obiyo

• The revolution is coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 08:29:24 PM »
wth is "Metroid Dread"

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 08:38:47 PM »
Before E3 there was a magazine scan that revealed, among a bunch of other things, Mario & Luigi 2 and Zelda's title.

What's interesting is one of those things was Metroid Dread (a 2D Metroid adventure) for the DS.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Obiyo

• The revolution is coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 09:08:19 PM »
a new 2d metroid would kick ass

Offline Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 03:53:05 AM »
Am I the only one who hopes that a few(Or many) DS games wouldn't be all about the touch screen? I would love to get Adventure games like Monkey Islands and it's great in some games, but just because it's there, I don't think every single game should be all about it.  

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2005, 06:13:07 AM »
Just a Random note, but does anyone find it hilarious that the Sonic game doesn't even use the touch screen? Is it just me or is Touch! Kirby like an exact indicator of what Sonic could be? (just faster) But this is SEGA who haven't been interesting in years. Found that funny.

But yes, there will be more surprises on the show floor. DSspeak for one. There always are a few littler things.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2005, 07:38:30 AM »
Fish: I agree that DS developers shouldn't _have_ to use the touch screen.  However, it's a problem, because a lot of people do expect it at this point.

Word is that Kirby is taking the touchscreen design beyond gimmicky.  For that matter, I think Yoshi Touch N' Go takes it beyond the gimmick, the only problem is the game isn't a full-blown 2D platformer like many were hoping.  I think it shows that a full-blown platformer could be done with the stylus, though.  I think Nintendo went with a simpler puzzle-action-high-score design simply to get the game out quickly.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2005, 01:10:29 PM »
Where in the blue hell is Poke'mon DS??????????
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2005, 03:37:06 PM »
I guess Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are still too early in development to show off.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2005, 10:05:07 AM »
" Just a Random note, but does and one find it hilarious that the Sonic game doesn't even use the touch screen? Is it just me or is Touch! Kirby like an exact indicator of what Sonic could be? (just faster) But this is SEGA who haven't been interesting in years. Found that funny."

But they are using the dual screen, large playing area concept for the game and from what I've heard about it, it seems to be headed in the right direction.  And from my view, the graphics are fantastic!  

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2005, 10:13:19 AM »
I'm looking forward to the DS (later this year) more so than I am the Revolution at this point.

Case in point(s):

-Animal Crossing
-MarioKart
-Super Mario Bros.
-Metroid Prime Hunters
-Nintendogs
-Kirby: Canvas Curse
-Mario & Luigi 2

All of those games are absolutely must-haves for me.  And online for Animal Crossing and MarioKart just adds to the excitement.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Blackknight131

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2005, 12:20:38 PM »
Makes sense to me, afterall it was mostly sweet new DS software that on display. Whem Mario Kart is released, of course we will have to see who the last gamer standing in the forums is....then we'll all make up in Animal Crossing, so its all good.

Till I dig up the flowers...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2005, 04:21:54 PM »
Well, I agree with Kenny but only because we have something to look foward to with the DS. The rev is a big mystery that may leave us disappointed. DS, right now, is someting we know with something to expect.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.