Author Topic: First Revolution Picture!  (Read 37581 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: First Revolution Picture! (Plus new details!)
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2005, 06:29:13 AM »
Also, did anyone notice that square was present in both MS's and Sony's conferences?  I sincerely hope they are present at Nintendo's too.  I have no problem with them releasing games for other consoles as long as they don't leave nintendo out, especially after publicly saying how much they like the online plan.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Savior

• I want one too!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2005, 06:29:22 AM »
Power has always been an issue, its what lead to the PS2 hype train... the whole "Emotion engine" and they did the same thing yesterday  
The Savior Returns Late 2005

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2005, 06:29:44 AM »
BlackFootstep:  It has not been confirmed.  It has just been rumored that since the DS online plan is free that the revolution's plan will be.

Let me just say.  I am not thinking that online will be free.  What I am saying is that Online will be supported and payed for by downloading older Nintendo games.  Which means probably paying alittle more than you should for the games so that you are supporting the network.  

Nintendo doesn't have to go for a harddrive solution.  Really the better solution would be to go for Memory cards about 1.5 gigs in size.  This way you can actually I dunno...take your games with you.  And it has to be about that size so you can download Gamecube games.

I however won't be downloading any 1.5 gig games and waiting forever to play it.  That is scary.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2005, 06:30:07 AM »
Please explain why the PSX dominated the N64 then??
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2005, 06:31:12 AM »
not really, power has always been an issue, even in the Nintendo vs Sega times. I do agree that with ms in the game its more talked about it now.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:First Revolution Picture! (Plus new details!)
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2005, 06:39:20 AM »
Square recently announced that they would be releasing FFXI for the xbox 360 and that it would be live and mic enabled. . . . .Its kind of making sense now, they like nintendos online plan. . . . hmm could they be thinking of adding FFXI to the revolution. . . .Makes sense to me, the series is on pc ps2 and now xbox 360 why not spread it more!

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2005, 06:40:13 AM »
It's a PowerBook. I bet you it can run OS10.4. Really!! Add a 12 in screen and a keyboard and BAM!!!!
Power is never the main issue in any generation of console. The most powerful system has never won its markert out right. Qui-Gon said it best "there's always a bigger fish".  
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline hudsonhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2005, 06:43:37 AM »
I doubt that it has a hard drive; it just doesn't fit in with Nintendo's design philosophy.

My guess is that the games are streamed to your console over that internet thingy.  

Offline thame^

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2005, 06:45:13 AM »

Originally posted by: mantidor

Originally posted by: thame^ That is, unless Nintendo's figured out how to make pigs fly.  I'll buy it, you'll buy it, but the general public simply won't go for the weakest console.  Even if it is the sexiest ;-)

Then how the hell the ps2 sold much more than xbox and GC combined!!??

Because it was the first on the market, and Sony's hyped up the console's power to death.  In fact, I can still see Sony fanboys crying that the PS2 outperforms the NGC all over the interweb.  But I guess you have a point there.  Still, I can't see consumers buying Nintendo's console if it's the weakest, especially if it's the last on the market.  Can you?

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2005, 06:45:52 AM »
nintendo should just lie and say they are twice as powerful as the ps3 and xbox360 put together.

as for storing data...maybe nintendo will finally make good on those sd cards....those are getting fairly big now
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2005, 06:50:53 AM »
but what about gamecube combatibility? People will want to use their saves they have on their gamecube memory cards, unless there is an easy transfer feature.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2005, 06:51:21 AM »
First, the system looks awesome. A little bland, maybe....but the blue light completley sells it. My biggest concern is actually the tiny buttons. GameCube's gigantic power/reset/open buttons made the system a lot easier to use.

Second, don't put too much weight into the 2-3x powerful statement. It means next to nothing. I think usa today or whomever it was put perrin's (paraphrasing) 'it's not the power, it's what you do with it' statement there just for dramatic effect. Even so, note that that is a lot better than saying 'it's not the power, it's the games, stupid'.

What I'm hoping is that Nintendo has learned the art of knowing when to downplay things, and when to, you know, surprise everyone by announcing the system is actually more powerful than the xbox 360. Then everyone will be like 'OMG! AMAZING! More powerful than the XBOX 360!' instead of 'meh. Not as powerful as the ps3, eh?'. I just hopee Nintendo isn't giving the mainstream media the chance to say 'on the one hand, nintendo has offered the most innovative console, on the other hand, it is the least powerful.' There should be no other hand. Revolution is comming out later than 360, it needs to match the specs.

15 minutes to go! Or...is that an hour and 15?  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2005, 06:53:44 AM »
People are being way to paranoid about Nintendo's 2-3 times more powerful comment. They did the same thing with the Gamecube. Downplayed its power while Sony and MS overhyped the power of their previous consoles. In the end, the Gamecube ended up having some of the best looking games. If not for its power then for its efficiency and superior developers.
If Nintendo wanted to it could probably claim the Revolution is fifty times more powerful than the Gamecube and it probably will be on some single technical aspect. But three times more powerful overall sounds great especially with XBox 360 game footage looking about on par with Zelda for the Gamecube IMO.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2005, 06:54:04 AM »
Under 10 now

Offline Kakashixs

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2005, 07:03:04 AM »
Ah less than an hour to go.

Nintendo seems very confident this time around. Their design looks fantastic in its simplicity and the downloadable content sounds great... I can't wait to see what else they have to announce oh and the controllers I am sure are going to be freakin great as opposed to the odd looking PS3 controller. I'm sure they will have an awesome showing of games too ahhh can't wait!!
Sorry I'm late, today I got lost on the road of life.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2005, 07:04:55 AM »
It's starting right now, I have no clue why their counter is off.

Offline Kakashixs

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2005, 07:05:35 AM »
Oh wow for real? Thanks for the info!

Offline Chode2234

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2005, 07:08:50 AM »
Where is the best place to get E3 Nintendo info? As it happens?
Wii:  0279 2707 3253 3306

Offline Kakashixs

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2005, 07:10:16 AM »
Gamespot Complete has like live coverage but thats a payfor service.

I'd be willing to say for free sites Nintendojo.com it had the Revolution pictures at like 6 am which seemed like a while before any other site.

Aside from that IGN.com I guess . . . I really wish I had Gamespot Complete right now just for this hour lol.

Though, they do let you watch the conference after it's said and done with: http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html .

Offline Karny

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2005, 07:12:42 AM »

Originally posted by: Chode2234
Where is the best place to get E3 Nintendo info? As it happens?

probably here...

Offline Chode2234

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2005, 07:15:31 AM »
Thanks guys
Wii:  0279 2707 3253 3306

Offline RareWare

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2005, 07:20:56 AM »
I wish they would get on with it! damn delays!

Offline Karny

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2005, 07:21:13 AM »
what's happening.... is it on?

Offline Kakashixs

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2005, 07:23:24 AM »
I had to sign up lol for 7 bucks I don't wanna wait to see this I hope I didnt miss anything.

Offline Mike_Tyson

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2005, 07:24:29 AM »
You can watch it on here:

http://gwmlive.streamos.com/256_ebms-e3video_050514.asf?ts=1116343007&ttl=43200&cs=D3D1F19EC1EFA53A8D145B0AE9065FDF97DDA37F

But you have to do me a favor and keep me updated as often as possible I can't view the stream because my XP is messed up, Windows Service Pack 2 did wonders!