Author Topic: PSP is almost here...  (Read 3834 times)

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
PSP is almost here...
« on: April 26, 2005, 12:59:24 AM »
HAW HAW. It'd be true if it were September...

September 1 Launch at AU$430 Compared to the $200 that the DS is selling for already, this is HIGH-LARIOUS!

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
RE:PSP is almost here...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 01:14:56 AM »
September? Even if i wanted one my money is already spent.The royal show is near or around that date.

TOO BAD SONY!
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: PSP is almost here...
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 03:08:58 AM »
$430? HAHAHA holy crap, there's no way it's going to sell at that price, fail'd

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 03:17:38 AM »
Geez, that's an insane price...*Hopefully* Aussies aren't so stupid as to buy such an overpriced piece of garbage...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 04:02:29 AM »
PSPs have been available in Australia via unofficial private imports, but usually at highly inflated prices.

I have seen three different people (just in the street and at the bustop) with PSP's. So Bill, yes some aussies are dumb enough to even but at an even higher price......
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Caillan

• Token New Zealander
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 04:06:37 AM »
Uh, 430AUD is about the same price people pay for the unofficial import units in New Zealand. I'm going to be so pissed if NAL screw up now.

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 01:37:29 AM »
That price is for the pack
It was announced the Euro price is 250, 250 euro converted into Australian is way under that
Anyway never trust what the australian media say about video games IMO
just 2months ago the sunday mail IT section had a review of altered beast for PS2, saying it was true to the orginal because he is a sciencist (nm that you were a reborn hero summoned by Zeus to save his daughter in the orginal)

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 05:43:25 AM »

Originally posted by: DeadlyD
That price is for the pack
It was announced the Euro price is 250, 250 euro converted into Australian is way under that
Anyway never trust what the australian media say about video games IMO

The Australian media didn't need to bring an opinion to the table about this. It was a Sony press release for starters, and they say the PSP will release here for AU$430. How is that questionable?

Sony will include a range of accessories with the PlayStation Portable (PSP) package including a 32MB Memory Stick, headphones, remote control, AC adaptor and games sampler.

Remote control? Are Sony planning to move away from the whole 'portable' idea or something? I figure its too scary for people to realise that Sony made a system that is totally portable, so they get them comfortable by allowing them to watch movies from across the room. Sounds fun!

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 08:58:38 AM »
ah okay
Getting a demo dvd over spiderman 2 is a bonus

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 09:12:03 AM »

Remote control? Are Sony planning to move away from the whole 'portable' idea or something?
By remote, they mean the little wired remote that is part of the headphones.  That way you can keep the main system in your pocket and still change tracks/volume levels.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 06:45:02 AM »
kinda like remotes for car steroes, mostly useless because u still need to look at the screen if u do anything other then change volume.

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2005, 04:16:06 AM »

Originally posted by: DeadlyD
Anyway never trust what the australian media say about video games IMO just 2months ago the sunday mail IT section had a review of altered beast for PS2, saying it was true to the orginal because he is a sciencist (nm that you were a reborn hero summoned by Zeus to save his daughter in the orginal)

Er...but it IS true to the original!  I've got it!  You're a guy who turns into a werewolf and beats the crap out of anything he sees!  HOW MUCH CLOSER TO THE ORIGINAL DO YOU WANT IT?

Oh, and you still get to be the bear who turns things to stone - he has Bear-Fu now!
It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2005, 05:07:42 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
Geez, that's an insane price...*Hopefully* Aussies aren't so stupid as to buy such an overpriced piece of garbage...

lawl $750 PS2 launch price. Sold well. Plus PSP's apparently launching with V8 Supercars. =|

Offline Hybrid Hunter

• First title that's onrine
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2005, 05:38:44 AM »
$430
I think thats the best way to finish a handheld arguement to win.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2005, 06:11:01 AM »
Interestingly enough, the regular iPods are selling for $439.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 12:47:52 AM »
gonna be fun
There gonna be hyping psp in the media as a all around gaming machine which can store movies and songs
and at the same time there already hyping the new nokia's which can play movies and are a mp3 player (4gig), which also come out in a few months