Author Topic: THIS is what scares me about all this maturity talk.  (Read 10962 times)

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
THIS is what scares me about all this maturity talk.
« on: March 02, 2005, 10:24:21 PM »
Blasphemy

"The network’s animators have re-imagined Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and Wile E. Coyote as sleek new figures for a modern age."

What... The...  Hell...  
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: THIS is what scares me about all this maturity talk.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 10:34:21 PM »
Yeah, that just blows.

But, it's kinda expectable considering that Warner Bros has just been sitting on the Looney Tunes since the 60's, and expecting that they still held the same relevance as they did a few decades ago.

Give me Tiny Toons anyday.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 12:52:33 AM »
Loony Toons is still the best cartoon ever EVER ever.  This is disaster, the world is collapsing ;____;  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 04:11:01 AM »
LOL that looks so desperate from them... I still have fond memories of Tiny Toons, they are really messing this one up.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 04:16:37 AM »
Yeah, I heard about this.

They're digging their own grave and pissing on it, too.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 04:16:51 AM »
Honestly, I dunno if its so much going mature as wanting a new angle on the series.  I really don't think it would be successful if they just brought it back as the odd gag show it used to be.  Now its just playing off the whole action/super hero craze.  I'm gonna hold my judgement until I see it for myself.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 04:49:34 AM »
Yeah, I've seen this.  They know their target audience, and it's not us, it's little kids who may watch and love Looney Tunes, but don't look at it with fond memories or think of them as classic works of art like some of us do.  
If it's as bad as it sounds, this series will die in the hearts and minds of all, just change the channel and pretend it never happened.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 05:33:08 AM »
Sam Logan of Sam & Fuzzy said he thinks this is just a stunt, kinda like the new Coke. They won't change anything in the long run, they just pretend to for a while so they get some publicity and a demand for the "old" material arises. in other words, they're trying to sell the classic Loony Tunes that way.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 06:16:04 AM »
Technically this is Buzz Bunny not Bugs Bunny so it's kind of a spin-off more than anything else.  I liken it to Tiny Toons only unlike Tiny Toons it will probably suck.

Why are they calling them "superhero action figures"?  Don't they know what an action figure is?  It's an inanimate toy.  "Superhero action figure" is what I would expect some out-of-touch old person or someone learning English to say.

Things could be worse though.  This could be a card/monster/top/collectable battling/dueling/collecting show.  As bad as this could be I'll bet it will be WAY better then most of the crappy cartoons kids watch right now.

Offline 09n

• View Profile
RE:THIS is what scares me about all this maturity talk.
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 07:02:53 AM »
You never know Ian these characters might have been created by some illiterate chinese workers who have to be poked with a stick every 5 minutes. What is tiny toons and what made it so good? Because as far as I know it never got to the UK and that means it was no where near as good as looney toons which is repeated daily.
No, we're not eating Nibbler - leela
I'll fire up the grill - Bender

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 07:17:04 AM »
It was the Looney Tunes characters (along with a few additions) as elementary school kids.  It was a modern twist on Looney Tunes for children, and it was a hilarious show.  I'd probably still like it.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 07:45:16 AM »
Technically Tiny Toons weren't the Looney Tunes characters.  They were new characters based on the Looney Tunes characters.  Bugs Bunny and the rest actually were on the show as the Tiny Toons teachers at the Acme Looniversity.

Man I wish that show would be released on DVD.  Remember the How I Spent My Summer Vacation special/movie thingy?  That was the best.

Happy world land!  Happy world land!
Where the fun will never stop!
At only 80 bucks a pop!

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 08:36:44 AM »
" Technically this is Buzz Bunny not Bugs Bunny so it's kind of a spin-off more than anything else. I liken it to Tiny Toons only unlike Tiny Toons it will probably suck."

Actually they pretty much said they "re-imagined" Bugs Bunny for this, so while TECHNICALLY you are right, it is still Bugs in the actuality.

Another scary thought.  Why do they look so similar to their ancestors?  Why did their genetics no vary much over 700 years?  What did they do to their genetics to glow Neon?  Why is Daffy fighting the power?

It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2005, 08:40:47 AM »
"Why do they look so similar to their ancestors? Why did their genetics no vary much over 700 years?"

Well I imagine rabbits from 700 years ago look pretty similar to rabbits today.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2005, 10:49:22 AM »
"Technically Tiny Toons weren't the Looney Tunes characters. They were new characters based on the Looney Tunes characters. Bugs Bunny and the rest actually were on the show as the Tiny Toons teachers at the Acme Looniversity."

Jeez, how did I forget that?  Yeah, it was Buster Bunny, not Bugs Bunny.  Gods I'm an idiot.
Yes, Ian's right about that.  I wasn't wrong about it being an awesome show, though

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2005, 02:31:28 PM »
I just died alittle inside.
My wounds may never heal from this.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2005, 03:51:29 PM »
Someone at Warner Brothers has something against Bugs Bunny... ;_;
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2005, 05:19:16 PM »
Could they be any uglier?  I've seen twelve year olds draw pictures with better style.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2005, 05:55:04 PM »
is this just their superhero outfits...do they have secret identities and change back?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Robotor

• The Robot Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2005, 11:23:07 AM »
Worst Idea ever, and its a real shame that Warner is selling out like this.  The character designs aren't that great, especially the road runner.  The coloring is also sub par, there's a heavy reliance on black.  I find it really sad that some kids are gonna think that these are the REAL looney toons.
It may be simple, but it ain't easy.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2005, 04:46:51 PM »
Maybe they're just evil clones or bizzaro futuristic super-heroes.
They just look more like villains to me.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2005, 11:16:14 PM »
They look like joke villains the real 'toons would have to fight in some episode. "And then we will rule all of Toonland! MWAHAHAHAAA!"

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2005, 06:04:34 AM »
Please tell me this is a joke...  *silence*  I'm begging you...  *crickets chirp*

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2005, 06:28:42 AM »
Ugh, i still don't understand why there is such a freaking uproar.  I'm sure that if it isn't entertaining it won't make it past its first season...  Kids won't think its the real Looney Tunes unless it is entertaining and fun, in which case who cares?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2005, 04:53:24 PM »
In case anyone's interested, here's someone's take on the new Buzz Bunny.  It's pretty amusing.

A New Bunny

Goes on for a little too long though.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!