Author Topic: Not that bad  (Read 2397 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Not that bad
« on: December 02, 2004, 02:52:16 PM »
I know alot have been complaining that they find the control pad with Y to run, well I just now collected all 150 stars using that control scheme! Personally I seemed to have an easier time then I did with SM64 for N64 (though that coudl be changes made to the game), but once I got used to the control pad I very seldom had a slip up. So for those having trouble with the touch pad, you may want to try out the control pad, it may be more successful for you even if it seems slippery at first, I can defiantely testify to that. BTW this is easily better than SM64, I mean how could it not? It has tons of extras, in addition to the classic stuff!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Not that bad
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 03:15:49 PM »
Yeah...at first I really liked the touch screen control scheme, but now I play only with the D-Pad.  It's not so hard...

EDIT: BTW, congrats on your title of first guy obsessed enough with that game on this here board to get 150 stars.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Not that bad
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 03:35:45 PM »
Lol, hey I don't consider it obsessed, I mean I've had the game since November 21 .
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline VideoGamerJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 04:09:19 PM »
I'm there with you man, D Pad is the way to go. I tried using the stylus and the thumbstrap but my thumb would constantly hit the box of the touchscreen. It was more responsive than the D Pad, but overall, the D Pad is better. I think those who complained about it just haven't found what works for them yet. I'm at 95 stars and it feels pretty intuitive now. Although I would be able to slightly a bit more with the 64 controller, I have no complaints whatsoever with the DS controls.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 03:13:57 AM »
I am just at 98 stars.

I can tell you the game IS easier than the original.  WHY?  The added characters.  Luigi and Yoshi make the platforming elements much easier to handle.  I was completely afraid of trying to use the touch screen and play Rainbow Road level, but low and behold Luigi makes it a breeze.  

I haven't at all been able to use the D-PAD.  I have tried several times, and I just can't get a feel for it.  I really wish Nintendo would of allowed us to fully customize the control, because then I think the D-PAD could work better.  Run and Crouch should both be on the L and R triggers so you can press those and easily hit the other buttons.  

I really love this game.  As I said its easier, but I am having much more fun with this game then the original.

Offline Lost101

• View Profile
RE: Not that bad
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 05:16:22 AM »
I got all 150 stars yesterday too.  Strange.  

***Spoilers***

I was really disapointed in what was in the fourth door, just a secret star?  How lame.  And the final luigi bunny on the rooftop is... a harder version of the lackluster Super Mario slot?!?  Cmon, they shouldve saved the bo bomb minigame (the one where you seperate red and black, best one IMO) for last.  And ofcourse there isnt a yoshi on the roof, kinda disapointing considering all the hard work I put in to collect all the stars.

****End Spoilers*****

I used the DPad for most of the game, though every now and then for things like sneaking up on enemies I used the touch pad (its very convenient that you dont even need to switch to do this).
Animal Crossing Wild World code:

3608  4016  4604

Name: Fausto
Town: Tatooine