Author Topic: Asphalt: Urban GT questions  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Hooboo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Asphalt: Urban GT questions
« on: December 01, 2004, 04:46:02 PM »
I'm thinking of buying it but i want a car game were i can customize my car can you in this one?
If so what can you do to your cars like just paint or like parts too?

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Asphalt: Urban GT questions
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 09:35:16 PM »
This sucks as a DS game, it doesn't even use any of it's features, besides the touch screen for the menus. Buy Gran Turismo.

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
RE:Asphalt: Urban GT questions
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 04:47:29 AM »

Originally posted by: Mario
This sucks as a DS game, it doesn't even use any of it's features, besides the touch screen for the menus. Buy Gran Turismo.

LOL

Actually, Asphalt: Urban GT is a pretty decent game. Better than what you might have read in the reviews. The D-Pad works very well and control is nearly flawless. As far as customizing goes - you can get new paint jobs, engine upgrades, lighter bodies, braking & Suspension upgrades, etc.

After reading the inital reviews of Ridge Racer DS I am happy I chose to buy Asphalt. The game offers a good racing experience that combine the speed of Burnout and gameplay liek Need For Speed.

PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
RE:Asphalt: Urban GT questions
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 07:33:38 AM »
Overall, I think the reviews for most if not all the DS games have been very very critical and hard on the handheld.

First they assume every game must use all the DS functions or its not a DS game.  Second, they expect perfectly polished gameplay, but also demands innovative unique play experiences, since the DS is somewhat different and revolutionary system.

Basically, they are judging the games, by what they think or thought they should have been...well give the developers time.  But while you are waiting.

Go pick up

Madden: you have a good portable football game.
Asphalt:  You have a good racing game to play on the DS.
Spiderman:  You have a difficult, but enjoyable sidescrolling action game.
Mr Diller:  A simple and addictive Puzzle game, that brings options to the table.

I say the important thing is to enjoy the games, and if you play something and have fun with it...who really cares about the reviews.

Offline Procoprio

• View Profile
RE: Asphalt: Urban GT questions
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 09:21:34 AM »
from what I read, yes you can customize/upgrade your cars