Author Topic: LOZ: 2005  (Read 571545 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
« Reply #2375 on: July 20, 2006, 06:40:22 AM »
Pamela is Awesome and Adorable!

LITTLE BUTTON NOSE
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
« Reply #2376 on: July 20, 2006, 07:48:34 AM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey
Yeah, the fishing girl art was a little off, but that's the problem with releasing rough concept sketches.  I'm actually annoyed that people have complained so much about it, I'm afraid we won't get to see this type of thing as much in the future, and I love it.  I don't care if it's not production level art, it's still neat.

Are you serious? People are complaining about the AWESOME concept art being released?!?! I LOVED fishing girl! Such hips! Such strange little feet! She almost looks latina!

Who...WHO ARE YOU PHILISTINES!?!?!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: July 20, 2006, 11:11:41 AM »
What I'd love is an nice-sized overhead artwork of the starting village...Make it happen, Ninty artists!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline abosmia

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: August 02, 2006, 07:30:34 AM »
man, i dont care what people say. LOZ is gonna be awesome. i mean, i still play the one on N64! i'm definitely preordering this game.
Arpan

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: August 02, 2006, 08:59:29 AM »
One?  ::hangs head::
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: August 02, 2006, 09:01:27 AM »
::sheds tear:
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2381 on: August 02, 2006, 10:37:54 AM »
:craps on this thread:

dead games for dead systems

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: August 06, 2006, 01:56:10 PM »
Your mom's a dead system.
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: August 14, 2006, 02:14:53 PM »
Haven't been here in a while.  Good to see stevey is still incapable of coherent English and stuff.

So.  I guess I haven't been really following gaming lately.  Where's my Zeruda?
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2384 on: August 14, 2006, 02:48:06 PM »
[RAINE] RESSURRECTION!

Zeruda is cancelled.

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: August 18, 2006, 10:31:01 AM »
Your mom is cancelled.
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: August 24, 2006, 04:24:03 PM »
i'm really bored and had nothing to do but read my game informer mag, when i came upon this:

Bill Trinen: (when asked to describe any example of when the localization process might go differently than normal)

its taken from an article on localization of games

To be honest I don't know that we have anything that could really qualify as normal anymore. With Twilight Princess, the depth of story and its connection to past games means that not only does it have twice as much text as Wind Waker, but it includes a fair number of legacy terms that originate in past games, so consistency is a big focus there. We've also been given the opportunity to provide a lot of input on everything from play control to difficulty to character design, so over time our role has grown from simply localizing the Zelda games to almost being a branch of the development team itself.

then when asked for examples of some changes made to names, situations, etc when loclized to NA or other territory's from japan:

There isn't anything that as a rule gets changed when coming to North America. We look at everything within the context of the game and the target audience. The ESRB has, in a sense, made those decisions easier, because we're able to look at content within the context of what we expect the game's rating to be. With Twilight Princess, we expect the game to get a T rating because of the more realistic graphics, so because of that you may see scenes and situations in that game that wouldn't have fit in a game like The Wind Waker.

i know its not much, but its something to share.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: August 24, 2006, 05:16:35 PM »
Twice as much text?  Wow...Also kudos to the Treehouse, the best localization team in the world!

(T rating...First time ever... )

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2388 on: August 24, 2006, 05:36:45 PM »
MGS cutscene snoozefest here we come

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: August 24, 2006, 05:59:49 PM »
SSBM got a Teen rating too :P
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: August 24, 2006, 07:51:26 PM »
I don't trust GameInformer at all.  (I get it because of a GameStop deal).  The most recent one I have has an article about this special new rumble with big letters that read next gen rumble.  The big picture to go with the article is a PS3 controller, the only controller without rumble!  The picture has tiny letters at the top you can hardly read that basically says "The PS3 controller will likely not have any rumble."  Any magazine with half a brain or not trying to trick their readers would not put that article and picture together.

rant over

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: August 25, 2006, 05:11:55 AM »
I like this connection to past games information, I'm glad to see Aonuonoumoma (sorry, don't feel like checking spelling this morning) is starting to hook the Zelda storylines together a little more, although I hope he continues to make the games largely indpendent.  Why?

1. I don't want to have to play every single game to "get" the story.
2. When you start combining plots too much, it can ruin the story of previous games.  I've never played Chrono Cross, but I've heard more than one person say that it basically s**t all over the story of Chrono Trigger.  I don't want that.  Wind Waker actually came dangerously close, but I think it leaves things open-ended enough that I don't have to feel like everything I did in Ocarina was a waste of Time (ah ha ha, wordplay).
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: August 25, 2006, 04:55:15 PM »
What's nice about the "timeline ties" in Zelda games is that you don't NEED to understand them to get the gist of the story...They are mainly thrown in to satisfy the hardcore Zelda nuts like myself...

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2393 on: August 25, 2006, 07:09:54 PM »
1.  Zelda kidnapped
2.  Link swings sORD *SWISH*
3.  The Ganon goes piggy HUFF HUFF
4.  Golden triangles dance on screen *WORSHIP THY CHEESE*

I think that sums up the timeline.

Offline Neodymium

• View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: August 25, 2006, 07:17:05 PM »

Originally posted by: SixthAngel
I don't trust GameInformer at all.  (I get it because of a GameStop deal).  The most recent one I have has an article about this special new rumble with big letters that read next gen rumble.  The big picture to go with the article is a PS3 controller, the only controller without rumble!  The picture has tiny letters at the top you can hardly read that basically says "The PS3 controller will likely not have any rumble."  Any magazine with half a brain or not trying to trick their readers would not put that article and picture together.

rant over

Even worse was last month's issue: A six page feature on Xbox360 arcade, then a little blurb that talked about: "What about PS3 and Wii?"

Like four paragraphs on PS3 and one sentence on Wii.

The Mighty Pirate formerely known as PS2stinks..

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: August 26, 2006, 08:24:14 PM »
Im not really too fond of the idea of the west making an influence in the Zelda games. The localization guys are cool and all, but it comes down to business, and I really don't like the idea of making the game more "friendly" to the average american crowd thats more inclined to like tomb raider or halo. For start they went on with the ridiculous idea of using the remote for swinging the sword after explaining themselves why they had decided not to do it, its obvious they changed it because the fans asked for it, and honestly I trust more the initial judgement of Aunoma and company than the judgement of the fans. Actually the first signs of a sell-out was the removal of Tingle from the game for the same reason, to appeal to the western crowd. Lets hope they keep these things to a minimum.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: August 26, 2006, 08:30:30 PM »
I'll take what you said one step further Mantidor. I don't trust Aonouma.

There is only one man who should be directing Zelda and that man is Miyamoto. But he isn't. So Zelda... the TRUE Zelda, to me... already doesn't exist. Even though I'm trying to go on a TP media blackout to keep my experience pure, and even though Miyamoto himself has called this the best Zelda ever, and even though I applaud Nintendo for delaying this game as long as they have, and even though I'm buying BOTH the GC and Wii version of Zelda... I don't think TP will blow me away like OoT. *shrug*

Oh, yeah, Western guys should keep their hands off of Zelda too. They should only be empowered to translate Miyamoto's vision without adding or subtracting a single dea or theme or message. They ARE allowed to translate though, like Bill Trinen did with OoT with all his stuff about making the great Deku tree have that formal speaking style. Gool job 'ol chap. Otherwise hands-off!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: August 26, 2006, 09:11:05 PM »

(T rating...First time ever...   )
Oh no! Now KN won't be able to play with his neighbour and see who finishes it first! Unless TP has been delayed so much that the guy has come of age..

For start they went on with the ridiculous idea of using the remote for swinging the sword after explaining themselves why they had decided not to do it, its obvious they changed it because the fans asked for it
Ever thought that Miyamoto perhaps found a more intuitive way of doing it, and now he wants to go ahead with it?

don't think TP will blow me away like OoT. *shrug*
It can't. The jump to 3D was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, and Miyamoto basically perfected it on the first try..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: August 26, 2006, 09:33:47 PM »

Oh no! Now KN won't be able to play with his neighbour and see who finishes it first! Unless TP has been delayed so much that the guy has come of age..

Ahahahah holy crap I totally forgot about that =oooo

It's funny how you actually could be right about the age thing though.  I mean, he's not technically old enough...but it's been a couple years, perhaps he can play now
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #2399 on: August 27, 2006, 02:18:18 AM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
There is only one man who should be directing Zelda and that man is Miyamoto. But he isn't. So Zelda... the TRUE Zelda, to me... already doesn't exist.

This is a rough topic for me because I believe so much in authorial intent and directorial control when it comes to the cinema, but for video games I truly believe it is something closer to group art, similar to how Pixar makes movies. But sidestepping that philosophical discussion, Aonuma has given us no reason to distrust him; I laud the last two Zelda games over OoT. Miyamoto isn't magic - it's not as though his very presence makes everything better. We're talking about talent, skill, ability, and work ethic, things that any director has to have, be he Miyamoto or Aonuma. So let's not put Aonuma down just because of hero-worship.

Originally posted by: Kairon
Oh, yeah, Western guys should keep their hands off of Zelda too. They should only be empowered to translate Miyamoto's vision without adding or subtracting a single dea or theme or message. They ARE allowed to translate though, like Bill Trinen did with OoT with all his stuff about making the great Deku tree have that formal speaking style. Gool job 'ol chap. Otherwise hands-off!

Again, I disagree. No translation is 100% accurate, ever, and poets translating from another language have for hundreds of years discarded accuracy and embraced relevance. It is good that NOA and EAD operate in such unity; division breeds assumption and miscalculation.  
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog