Author Topic: PSP PRICE ANNOUNCED!!!  (Read 90508 times)

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:ITT: PSP Discussion
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2005, 04:24:36 PM »
I got it for free.

I have no doubt that PSP's going to have some great games, but I'm still waiting...

Of course I'm still a DS fanboy.

Judging by stevey's love for family guy and nack for misspelling I'm thinking that his name is Stewie, and he misspelt it.

EDIT: I WAS RIGHT.

STEVEY SEZ: "Family guy the movie is most likly going to be good because they can use all the jokes they couldn't because of the fcc and maybe nudity. I just hope they say stevie g@y he 1 what do you think he is 20 he see boobies and hes see food."
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2005, 08:24:21 AM »
So... How are the DS vs PSP sales now?
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: ITT: PSP Discussion
« Reply #227 on: August 22, 2005, 10:32:35 AM »
NPD stopped the flow of information, we're back to guessing.

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 01, 2005, 06:04:51 PM »
CNN states: Europe finally got Sony's PSP after a 5 month delay due to supply shortages....

i didn't even realize that people were still buying the PSP.. it just seems like such a non-factor (maybe I'm too caught up in meteos)
I'll shut up now...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 06, 2005, 09:08:40 AM »
from elsewhere

Sony’s new PSP console has sold an estimated 185,000 total market hardware units in its launch week, outdoing Nintendo’s DS (87,000 units at launch) to become the most successful UK console launch ever. 24 games were available at launch, the largest for any console, with 20 entering the All Formats Top 40 and 9 games breaking into the Top 10. Games were priced at £34.99 with the console itself retailing at £179.

Sony PSP takes over the All Formats chart this week with the biggest software launch for any console. 20 out of the 24 PSP launch titles enter the All Formats Top 40 with Sony’s ‘Ridge Racer’ (PSP) topping the list, knocking Codemasters’ ‘Brian Lara International Cricket 2005’ (PS2/XB/PC) down to No2 and becoming not only the fastest selling PSP game but also the fastest selling Ridge Racer game across any format. 1 in 5 people who bought a PSP game bought ‘Ridge Racer’, but it was over 6 years ago since a Ridge Racer title reached number 1 in the All Formats chart with Ridge Racer Type 4 (PS1) back in week 17 1999. ‘Brian Lara International Cricket 2005’ is the only non-PSP game in the Top 10 with PSP games filling all the remaining Top 10 positions and Sony claiming the top 2 PSP games with ‘Wipeout Pure’ (PSP) entering the All Formats Chart at No3. Sega’s ‘Virtua Tennis’ and Konami’s ‘Metal Gear Ac!d’ debut at No4 and No5 respectively, holding off EA’s big PSP release ‘Need for Speed: Underground Rivals’ which is a new entry at No6. The most popular type of PSP game is racing with 5 racing games in the Top 10 PSP chart, including ‘Toca Race Driver 2’ at No6 and ‘Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition’ at No7, while out of the 24 PSP games released, 5 are new IP. Non-PSP new releases are eclipsed by the dominance of Sony’s new console with Novalogic’s ‘Delta Force: Black Hawk Down’ (new this week on XB and PS2) debuting at No1 in the Xbox Chart, but only reaching No15 in the All Formats Top 40. Microsoft’s new RPG ‘Dungeon Siege II’ also suffers the same fate, reaching No1 in the PC Full Price Entertainment Chart, but only No33 in an All Formats Top 40 where half of the games are new PSP titles.
The Chart

That is quite impressive for the PSP, wonder if it will hold up, and will the games keep selling, or will movie sales take over......  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 06, 2005, 10:00:17 AM »
Ridge Racer was the title Media Markt bundled with the system.

Either way, I doubt this'll hold up for long. There aren't any more games coming to Europe than the US so even the UKers will find out they're not getting a lot of play from their portable station.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2005, 03:03:22 PM »
Any news on the North American front? Have the 'Nintendogs' mobile divisions encircled and destroyed the enemy?
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 14, 2005, 04:41:14 PM »
Of course, the PSP was outselling the DS in the US last I checked, so it seems like a lack of games isn't a problem.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 16, 2005, 10:02:55 AM »
PSP in 3D O_o

Whooo

if you think you were a geek b4.....
using this in public will remove all doubt.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 16, 2005, 10:18:02 AM »
LOL

So you put your face there, and hold it in place, while playing and touching the buttons. Ahh...maybe is to create a cinema experience for the UMD movies.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 16, 2005, 10:52:27 AM »
Wow.  Um ... I'm speachless.  Even more so than when I first saw the Revolution controller.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 16, 2005, 01:00:27 PM »
Aww **** the DS is doomed now.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 16, 2005, 02:38:30 PM »
Sony's trying to rip off teh Virtual Boy!!1!

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 17, 2005, 08:09:57 AM »
^ just let it go, man... they'll never know what hit 'em
I'll shut up now...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 20, 2005, 11:46:16 PM »
The PSP is really the PS Port. Or Remake. Now they're remaking Megaman and Megaman X for it and making a version of Every Extend for it.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 27, 2005, 12:18:12 PM »
With all the talk about batteries for the Revolution controller it got me thinking about the rechargable battery in the PSP.  Have there been any reports of the PSP battery losing capacity over time?  I know it happens to pretty much all rechargable batteries, but thus far my SP battery is still treating me pretty well.  However, I don't really trust Sony as much as I do Nintendo.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 27, 2005, 10:35:39 PM »
The PSP is how old now? It takes a while until the degradation becomes noticeable.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 28, 2005, 08:43:01 AM »
It's been out in Japan since beginning of December 2004.  If you got it at launch and recharge every day that's over 200 recharges.  That seems like enough for the degradation to start.

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 28, 2005, 09:10:53 AM »
sony said there launching a new psp battery late next year, using there new battery technology
people will proberly just buy this new battery, if the one they have now starts running out

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 28, 2005, 09:03:40 PM »
vudu: Who recharges it daily? And would someone doing that really notice what the maximum capacity on his battery is?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 29, 2005, 08:59:04 AM »
I don't know...don't people in Japan ride the train a lot?  I figure a commuter might charge his batteries every day.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 01, 2005, 09:00:03 AM »
So...how big will GTA: LS be? I honestly have no clue...but has any GTA game ever sold poorly? Seems to me to be a huge system seller. Thankfully Nintendo has titles just as big later in the year. I'm just concerned this'll sell millions upon millions of PSPs in North America. Your thoughts? I found this funny, from IGN regarding multiplayer:

"And what about battery life? According to Rockstar, we should be able to squeeze about four hours of gameplay on a single charge."

Four hours? Ew?

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 01, 2005, 12:34:54 PM »
er...I'm actually forced to charge my PSP every two days and I just use it for MP3s...I imagine people who use it for gaming are forced to charge daily...
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 01, 2005, 11:37:24 PM »
I wonder if Rockstar remembers that handhelds require a different save system?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #249 on: October 02, 2005, 04:11:52 AM »
I wonder if Rockstar remembered Jack Thompson when they put it together.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.