Author Topic: Mario Party 6  (Read 5759 times)

Offline Pikkcuber

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Mario Party 6
« on: August 26, 2004, 04:45:58 PM »
Ive always been a Mario Party fan, I played them all except 5, and i own 2 and 4.  I was dissapointed with 4, the minigames were just not very fun.  But i am excited about MP6.  The microphone controller that will come with the game sounds really cool, I always drool over Karokke Revolution on the PS2.  But how this will work into a Mario Party game doesnt really make sense.  Any body have any ideas how they could use this in the minigames except for the obvious Karooke,and question answering aspect.  I suppose you wont have to use the mic for the whole game.  The stupid thing is that if you play together with 3 people you will most likely have to have 4 of those controllers. I just thought this mic idea is very interesting  
PikkCuber

Offline speedygonzalaz

• I got banned cause i'm too stupid to take warnings
    • View Profile
RE:Mario Party 6
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 11:30:20 PM »
i thought the mario partys were great i hope the next will be more improved this time its great for playing with m8ts
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUR?????

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Mario Party 6
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 11:54:25 PM »
The louder you scream the faster you go? (aka voice decathlon)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 12:18:13 AM »
That'd be awesome, endurance races fueled by hilarious yelling.

EDIT!

Now that I think about it it's kinda pretty very lame. It will be impossible to have more than one person using thier own mic at a time unless you're on complete opposite sides of a really huge room, since the other microphone could catch what you're saying and screw everything up, if the multi using a mic is taking turns then laaaaame.  

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 03:22:38 AM »
After reading the press release for MP6, I don't know if you'll use the microphone EXCLUSIVELY. Iwata may have mis-spoke when he said the game would NOT use controllers.
From the press release--
"How to progress through the game: In Party mode, players take turns traveling around game boards while competing with friends (or CPU players) for coins and stars in frantic mini-games! Story mode offers a strong single-player experience. In Mic mode, players speak into the Mic to answer questions in a game show. "
So perhaps there is only certain games that use the mic... or perhaps a separate mode all together... oh, I've confused myself...

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 10:44:49 AM »
See, if they're using controllers AND the mic, that kind of defeats the purpose.  It's only making the game even more complicated than the other Mario Partys.  Which isn't to say it would be a bad thing, since I can't imagine how you'd build an entire party game around the mic.  I will be very interested indeed to see how this game works.

Sega: Please give me Seaman.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 11:04:10 AM »
Gotta love the classic "Hate on something before it's revealed or even explained" philosophy Ninty "fans" like to use...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 12:01:06 PM »
The thing is mic games aren't new.  Nintendo has even made its own mic game in the past.  And there are only so many possibilities for a mic, what with voice recognition being pretty limited.  Also the mic will take a controller port making the game 3 players or turn based, and by the sound of mic mode, it will be turn based.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 12:43:08 PM »
3 against 1.

The 1 gets to beat the other players over the head with the Mic.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2004, 01:04:26 PM »
Sing in tune or the others throw tomatoes at you!
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2004, 03:38:32 PM »
The microphone is only being used for one mode according to new previews.  It's used for just a question answering mode part of the game.  It sounds like Nintendo is just doing this to experiment with microphone type gameplay before implementing it more fully for DS games.  I hope this isn't the peripheral they've been talking about for Gamecube that will change the way people play games.  Hopefully something more significant for a new peripheral will come out next year.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2004, 07:38:05 PM »
Is this the one that's supposed be made by HAL?

Prof666 has got it right.  1 vs 3 could be cool.  And the other three could scream and laugh and screw him up, it'd be hysterical.
And let's not forget that they'll probably have non-mic minigames, too.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2004, 11:36:30 PM »
Answering questions would include picking up a wide array of phrases, that's going to be a worst case scenario for voice recognition (unless you only say "one", "two", "three" and so on)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2004, 11:56:01 PM »

(unless you only say "one", "two", "three" and so on)

That would be pointless, wouldn't it be just as easy to press one button on a controller?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2004, 07:42:43 AM »
Well, yes, but then you couldn't add "voice recognition!!!11!1!!" to the back of the box.

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2004, 03:56:33 PM »
3 on 1 might not work because you never know who the 1 guy will be so you keep have to switch controllers around and stuff, to confusing.  I guess we just have to wait until we hear more
PikkCuber

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2004, 01:38:22 PM »
Everybody do the BUMP!!

What pisses me off is the Mario Party 6 commercials I've seen on TV say absolutely nothing about the mic.  No one's going to buy another rehash!
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2004, 01:54:04 PM »
"What pisses me off is the Mario Party 6 commercials I've seen on TV say absolutely nothing about the mic. No one's going to buy another rehash!"

That's pretty dumb.  Realistically I don't think anyone who doesn't already buy all the Mario Party games is going to buy this one anyway.  Regardless of how new the mic is Mario Party has long overstayed it's welcome and those who aren't interested in it anymore never will be.  But still they should mention the mic in the ad.  I haven't seen the ad but it sounds like the usual "if you don't know everything about this game already you will not relate to this ad in any way" Cube commercial with zero info about the game given.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2004, 02:04:27 PM »
Actually this game seems to have the most interesting minigames to date...I'll definitely give it a shot...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2004, 02:05:01 PM »
It's not even much of an ad, which is another thing I hate a lot about some of Nintendo's commercials...it just shows some footage with the traditional "All new stages with 150 more minigames!" voice in the background.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2004, 09:09:25 PM »
That is strange they don't mention the mike, oh well! For anyone that thinks Mario Party has overstayed its welcome, send MP6 over to my place, that series hasn't even begun to get dry to myself and my family!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline prefect

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2004, 09:23:42 PM »
I totally agree with VGrevolution!  They can go to Mario Party 1000 as long as they keep coming up with interesting boards, items and minigames!!  Overstayed its welcome?  ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2004, 09:49:32 PM »
A neat thing you can do with the mic:

On the Mode Select screen, if you say "Goomba," the two goombas on the screen start running around.  You also get a reaction if you say the hosts names, "cheep cheep," and "fly guy."

Pretty neat.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2004, 02:16:54 PM »
I picked up MP6 the other die and played a game with my family, definately a blast. Some of the mini games are lame (like ever other iteration of the series) but there are some truly fun, and creative mini games in it. It is funny even after all these years, I still am excited to see what new mini game will pop up while playing. The monopoly aspect of it is also very cool, along with the night and day gimmick. THe mic games are also fun except for some poor voice recognition in SOME places.  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144