Author Topic: Pixelated Pixies is going to Pixies!  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
Pixelated Pixies is going to Pixies!
« on: July 01, 2013, 09:57:44 AM »

That's right, I will be seeing Pixies play Dublin this November! This will in fact be the third time that I've seen Pixies, and I'm psyched! It is somewhat bittersweet, however, as the amazing Kim Deal has left the band, but I have no doubt that Frank and the gang will put on a great show.

Anyone else out there a Pixies fan?

Gouge away.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Pixelated Pixies is going to Pixies!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 05:39:39 PM »
Lucky! I'm not the biggest pixies fan but I enjoy most everything I've heard from them, just don't follow them regularly this had no idea they were still playing. Hope you enjoy the show, I'd love to see them play.. Just not in Dublin, it's a little far for me haha.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 09:02:07 PM »
MARTIN.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 10:40:10 PM »
I've seen the Pixies three times, 2 at festivals and one at a normal venue gig and have walked away disappointed every single time. It's a shame because I love a lot of their studio material, along with some of Frank Black's solo stuff, but I just can't get into them live. The only other band who I can say have totally disappointed me when playing live is the Strokes, but I've only seen them post-breakup/reunion. I would have loved to have seen them in their prime in the early 2000's, just as I would love to take a hot tub time machine and go back to the late 80's when I'm sure the Pixies would have rocked my socks.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 09:36:06 PM »
I've seen the Pixies three times, 2 at festivals and one at a normal venue gig and have walked away disappointed every single time. It's a shame because I love a lot of their studio material, along with some of Frank Black's solo stuff, but I just can't get into them live. The only other band who I can say have totally disappointed me when playing live is the Strokes, but I've only seen them post-breakup/reunion. I would have loved to have seen them in their prime in the early 2000's, just as I would love to take a hot tub time machine and go back to the late 80's when I'm sure the Pixies would have rocked my socks.

Can I join you in this Hot Tub Time Machine? I'd love to go see the Descendents play :D
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 07:32:06 PM »
Me too with Rage Against The Machine.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 06:44:58 PM »
I saw RATM at that free gig in London a few years back. They were awesome!
Gouge away.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 08:07:19 PM »
I had tickets to see Rage Against the Machine with Wu-Tang Clan about 15 years ago but they changed the date and then I couldn't go...one of the worst days of my life.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 09:36:33 PM »
MARTIN.

Glad I'm not the only one that saw that first and foremost.  Think I may need to start calling him Martin in the forums.

Hope you have a fun time, Martin.  I didn't care for them when I saw them live, but they might just not be my cup of tea.