Author Topic: Nintendo Collectors Journal 9/6/2012  (Read 1481 times)

Offline JusDBerube

• King Nintendo Fanboy
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Nintendo Collectors Journal 9/6/2012
« on: September 06, 2012, 11:40:38 PM »

Merchandise from Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokémon and more!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/31579

For those who don’t know, I’m a pretty big Nintendo Fanboy. I not only play the games, but I collect just about anything that says Nintendo on it as well. I'll be contributing to this Mariobilia feature here and there during the times when Andrew is recouping funds for more cool Nintendo merchandise.
This is my Nintendo Collectors Journal.

This week I obtained merchandise from various Nintendo franchises including Mario, Pokémon, Zelda and Metroid. I was also able to find some older issues of Nintendo Power at a low price along with some other cool items. Enjoy!

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Collectors Journal 9/6/2012
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 08:06:32 AM »
What an amazing stash!  :cool;
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 08:29:08 AM »
Just a note, for the Super Mario 2" figures - They had some multi-packs of interest at Toys R Us the other day.  Three contained re-releases (One had DK, Diddy and Dixie, one had Mario, Luigi and Peach and one had two different Marios and Fire Mario).  Nothing exciting there.  The next was the Yoshi 3-pack, re-released.  This has the Blue, Yellow and Pink painted Yoshi figures (same pose, just repaints), but in a new blister pack.  Next up, they had a 4-pack of Toad figures!  All the same pose, just repaints, but included Blue, Yellow, Red and Green.  All your NSMB Wii moments can be recreated! :D

Supposedly, there's another pack that includes Mario, Blue Toad and DK in a new pose (giving a thumbs up), but I didn't see that one....
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline King Bowser Koopa

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 12:24:46 PM »
UncleBob, those would be the Goldie figures you saw. They're made in Melbourne and I've been to the company that makes them, there's still Boo, Goomba, Wario and Waluigi in the series that they haven't released yet.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blog/29951

I hope they do so eventually, there's not enough Wario-related swag.
Andrew Brown - NWR Australia Correspondent

Offline JusDBerube

• King Nintendo Fanboy
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 07:05:11 PM »
I don't have that Toad pack yet. Must be new! I'm on it.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 11:36:20 PM »
UncleBob, those would be the Goldie figures you saw. They're made in Melbourne and I've been to the company that makes them, there's still Boo, Goomba, Wario and Waluigi in the series that they haven't released yet.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blog/29951

I hope they do so eventually, there's not enough Wario-related swag.

Yupyup.  I didn't realize that we had different people running Mariobilia posts.  When this was posted, I remembered the first thread and, as I had just found these, thought I should share. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.