Author Topic: Dat GTA 5 trailer!  (Read 3433 times)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Dat GTA 5 trailer!
« on: November 14, 2012, 11:04:07 PM »
Boy oh boy, GTA 5 looks incredible. It's everything I wanted from GTA 4. Amazing graphics, a tightly woven plot with multiple playable characters, a HUGE map to explore, more accurate driving physics (cars appear to actually stick to the road when driving at high speeds). Wow! Can't wait till 2013!

I love GTA 4, but the driving can be a bit clunky at times. Cars do barrel rolls more often than Fox. Granted, GTA 4 was a huge improvement over the PS2 games, but Liberty City didn't have much to do outside of the story.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:06:01 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Dat GTA 5 trailer!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 11:15:04 PM »
I never had a problem with the driving in GTA IV, maybe I was just a better driver than most of the people who complain about it?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 11:31:43 PM »
Is this the trailer you're talking about?

I couldn't get passed the fact that two of those main characters looked like Ray Liotta and and Jack Nicholson. Is that intentional? Because it didn't sound like they were voicing the characters.

After that my 2nd thought is "I really hate how awful those character models look."
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 12:00:09 AM »
I really loved the look of the engine in the trailer.  Looks amazing.  Reading up on the game though has me a little torn.  I do like the approach of using 3 characters and how they'll affect gameplay during the story, but how will that work outside of the story.  When I just want to drive around and kick off steam, which character will I be using?  What are the other characters doing when I'm off joy riding with one?  Am I forced to take all 3 out for a ride whenever I want to just go for a spin? 

Anyways, I was really hoping this GTA would be the one to introduce a create a character feature but I guess that wish will have to wait another 4 years or so for another shot.  I really wish they'll let me create my own character and have him be the center of the story.  I've never been too crazy over any of the main characters in the series. 

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 07:52:48 PM »
Am I the only one that doesn't like the character models? Ever since this modern era of GTA's, I just haven't liked the models, how they move etc. Especially now with how realistic the rest of the game world is, the characters just give me that uncanny valley vibe. Hate it.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 01:58:29 AM »
I'm not really bothered by them, they just look like regular video game character models, just alot more detailed.  They don't look much different from other high end games.  It reminds me somewhat of LA Noire's models and those never bothered me.  Its the only approach they have I guess given the more serious look the series has had since 4.  I'm digging it though, was never really a fan of any GTAs until 4 came out.  All the other ones before seemed too cartoony to me.  Thats part of the reason I could never get myself to even touch the Saint's Row series. 

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 03:11:02 AM »
Here's the trailer:

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 12:11:44 PM »
Haha that song is awesome.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 08:12:25 PM »
I've never spent significant time with any GTA game but I love the hell out of Red Dead Redemption. Maybe I should go back and play GTA IV. And I do like that trailer.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 08:17:24 PM »
I'm not really bothered by them, they just look like regular video game character models, just alot more detailed.  They don't look much different from other high end games.  It reminds me somewhat of LA Noire's models and those never bothered me.  Its the only approach they have I guess given the more serious look the series has had since 4.  I'm digging it though, was never really a fan of any GTAs until 4 came out.  All the other ones before seemed too cartoony to me.  Thats part of the reason I could never get myself to even touch the Saint's Row series. 

I haven't played or seen LA Noire in action. I've seen other character models on PS/360 games that don't hit the uncanny valley the way GTA does. Not sure why these bother me so much.. Anyway I don't own those systems so if it comes out for Wii U I'll still get it despite being weirded out by them, but if it doesn't then no big loss lol

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 04:37:46 PM »
I've never spent significant time with any GTA game but I love the hell out of Red Dead Redemption. Maybe I should go back and play GTA IV. And I do like that trailer.

I was in a similar situation. I hated what I played of the PS2 GTA games, but Red Dead Redemption turned out to be one of my favorite games ever. Based on that I picked up GTAIV to give the series another shot, but I quit in disgust after five hours or so. The driving was terrible and the "action" gameplay was worse. I enjoyed seeing obscure Brooklyn landmarks appear in the game world, but whenever you actually had to do anything the game felt borderline unplayable.

I'm sure V will get the usual 10s across the board, but I remain skeptical that the mindset behind the game design has actually changed.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 05:41:09 PM »
Yeah. That's been my experience with the franchise too. I appreciated a lot of what they were trying to do, but the actual execution of certain gameplay elements always turned me off. Red Dead was the first time it all came together for me with Rockstar's open world games.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 07:56:24 PM »
No gameplay shown...and it still looks like the best game ever.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 02:54:41 PM »
Looks like phun, but if they don't allow you to actively plan a robbery without it being a mission, then this game fails once again to realize its potential.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 10:58:33 PM »
Looks like phun, but if they don't allow you to actively plan a robbery without it being a mission, then this game fails once again to realize its potential.

I think GTA's problem has been the team focusing on giving you more things to do than ways to do them. That's kind of how I felt playing the DLC from IV.

As for that uncanny valley thing, I feel like it doesn't bother me in video games as much. In movies it does though.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 03:32:37 PM »

The uncanny valley thing isn't going to bother me pretty much because the characters back is going to be facing me most of the game, most games have flaws and I will ignore them and use my imagination if I need to. I play minecraft, which has a very weird style. It looks very old school at the same time its the one of the most in-depth complicated games. I've always loved the GTA series, but I can't say i've played through the whole games, i get distracted, its ADHD candy.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post