Author Topic: Capcom's 'Top Men' Are Currently Discussing Mega Man's Future  (Read 3151 times)

Offline NWR_Josh

• The 23rd Buchan
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Capcom's 'Top Men' Are Currently Discussing Mega Man's Future
« on: January 25, 2012, 10:31:17 AM »

The Blue Bomber has been around for a quarter century, but will he stick around for much longer?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29071

Mega Man isn't dead yet, despite multiple games being cancelled last year, according to Senior Vice President Christian Svennson in the latest Ask Capcom video centered around Mega Man's 25th anniversary.

Svennson said about the Blue Bomber: "I hesitate to say exactly what [is next for Mega Man], because I don't want people reading more into it than is there, let's just say there are top men thinking about and actively discussing where we're going to take the brand for the next ten years and how we're going to do it."

Mega Man first debuted on the NES in December 1987 in Japan and North America. The last Mega Man release in North America was Mega Man Zero Collection for DS in mid 2010. Since then, two new Mega Man games were announced (Mega Man Universe and Mega Man Legends 3), but both were cancelled in 2011.

Re: Capcom's 'Top Men' Are Currently Discussing Mega Man's Future
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 12:18:10 PM »
Knowing Capcom, they'll release a new Mega Man game with 4 Robot Masters. If you want 8, purchase the "Robot Master" DLC pack!

Offline 5kytar

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 12:29:47 PM »
Unfortunately, I think that is a possibility...

Offline Tenser

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 12:31:20 PM »
Capcom's brand new idea:

You buy these Robot Master toys and they interact with your video game via a Mega Portal.

[/sarcasm]

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 12:40:30 PM »
Cutman costume preorder bonus! Exlcusive to Gamestop!

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 01:39:03 PM »
Svennson said about the Blue Bomber: "I hesitate to say exactly what [is next for Mega Man], because I don't want people reading more into it than is there, let's just say there are top men thinking about and actively discussing where we're going to take the brand for the next ten years and how we're going to do it."

For some reason, I suddenly have an image in my head of the Mega Man franchise being rolled out to the Capcom warehouse.   ;)
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline motang

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 05:54:49 PM »
What's there to discuss? Dude is awesome, and the X series has been the best thus far!

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 09:24:59 PM »
Svennson said about the Blue Bomber: "I hesitate to say exactly what [is next for Mega Man], because I don't want people reading more into it than is there, let's just say there are top men thinking about and actively discussing where we're going to take the brand for the next ten years and how we're going to do it."

For some reason, I suddenly have an image in my head of the Mega Man franchise being rolled out to the Capcom warehouse.   ;)

We have top men working on it now...

Offline Shad0wkill

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 04:44:03 AM »
With Wii U and the 3DS, Mega Man will get a "rebirth" and become big again. They can do so much with Mega Man its almost ridiculous.
FC: 3952-7507-2942

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 05:24:44 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6-rQ6Jay6w&feature=related

Here is what Capcom really means when they say their "Top Men" are working on Mega Man's future.
is your sanity...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »
I'll say it again:

Get Inti Creates to make MMX9 with SNES-style graphics. Each of the eight Robot Masters can be from a previous game in the series. We can have Overdrive Ostrich sharing screen real estate with Heat Dinorex and Tornado Tonion. Toss in a surprise like Dr. Wily's head is alive in a robot body and he's got Zero working for him and he's building Sigma a new body or something. This sh*t writes itself.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 03:09:54 PM »
The headline sounds like it's either intentionally trying to be sexist or intentionally trying to be gay.
black fairy tales are better at sports