Author Topic: Netflix comes to Wii.... finally.  (Read 31055 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Netflix comes to Wii.... finally.
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2010, 02:06:54 AM »
You should go all out and download each individual VC and WiiWare game to its own SD card, and put them all together in a big case.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2010, 09:59:56 AM »
Yesterday, I received an email from Nintendo outlining some new club rewards.  Also present was a blurb about getting coins for registering the NetFlix channel.  I was unable to register as it says you need the disc.  Apparently, Club Nintendo is not aware that NetFlix for Wii became a download channel two weeks ago.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:04:06 AM by Seacor »
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2010, 10:00:42 AM »
Accidentally replied to my post instead of modified - delete this second post please.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:03:35 AM by Seacor »
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2010, 11:24:55 AM »
The set of what? Wii channels?
Set of Netflix for Wii.

You should go all out and download each individual VC and WiiWare game to its own SD card, and put them all together in a big case.

You know, there are actually some Virtual Console/WiiWare covers over on TheCoverProject where some folks have done this with individual titles. I've always thought if I could get a really good deal on a bunch of super-small SD cards (32MB or 64MB), I'd consider doing it.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2010, 02:17:30 PM »
Just so I can have the "set".  I'm tempted to get a small (~64MB) SD card to download/save the channel onto for my "set".

UncleBob, I'm worried about you.  You're a sick man.  You need help.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2010, 02:21:32 PM »
Perhaps.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2010, 07:24:30 PM »
Wait, didn't you already have a Netflix disc?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2010, 07:49:27 PM »
Damn, you have been slow lately.

He wants the "set" of Netflix disc implying that there was more than one version.
When you first ordered it from Netflix they sent you the original version, somewhere down the line they started sending out a slightly upgraded version.
He wanted someone to send him the version he didn't have so that he can complete his collection because he is a rabid Nintendo Fan obsessed with collecting anything and everything Nintendo. I would think you would understand since you collected every single N.A. N64 game that has been released for your own collection.

Ok, moving on now that you are all caught up.

I installed Netflix on my mom's Wii and hooked it up to my account. Called my girl and we both started streaming videos from 2 different Wiis in 2 different locations using 2 different internet connection but on the same Netflix account at the same time.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2010, 07:55:16 PM »
I understand, I just didn't realize there were more than one disc. Is there any difference between the discs?

Also, I don't have a Netflix account, it's my sister's who still lives at home. They don't have a Wii so I had them order the disc for me to use. I've been using it for months now without any issues, but I have no idea if they use the streaming or not. I'm inclined to think they don't, because there's nothing in the streaming queue besides what I've lined up.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2010, 08:48:33 PM »
now you don't need the disc, you just need her to activate the account for you and you can both watch movies(using her account) at the same time.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2010, 09:16:12 PM »
I've used streaming at the same time as my roommate, me on a Wii, him on a PS3.  We did it all the time over the past month or two, no problem, back when it was on discs.  Haven't tried lately, though.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2010, 09:36:59 PM »
We've known that you can stream to 2 different devices at the same time, but previously you couldn't stream to 2 of the same devices at the same time.

Like when you have 2 Computers hooked up, it would tell you that you already have another stream running. At least it used to, I haven't tried that one in a while though.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2010, 10:04:54 PM »
Nice! So I can set it up on my sisters Wii too.

@UB

Are there any game boxes you want for the bundles? I have several from games like Endless Ocean 2 and Animal Crossing that had the WiiSpeak bundled with it. You can have them if you are interested.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:06:53 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2010, 01:48:12 AM »
Grr.

I got my Netflix Disc yesterday.  The one pictured in the auction was v1.0.1 - the one I received was not v1.0.1.  Very sad.  e-mailed the buyer - haven't heard back.. :(

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2010, 03:45:18 AM »
That's too bad. Mine is the original or else I'd let you have it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2010, 04:14:39 AM »
How can you tell which disc you have, and what's the difference?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2010, 11:20:20 AM »
On the newer versions of the disc, under the text about not returning the disc to Netflix, it says "v1.0.1".  The older versions say nothing.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2010, 02:54:24 PM »
Dang it, my DVD-case/accessory guru doesn't have red add-a-pages... nor does anyone else seem to carry them... hmmmm...