Author Topic: Episode 845: I Prefer Keyboarding in the Missionary Position  (Read 5898 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 845: I Prefer Keyboarding in the Missionary Position
« on: October 22, 2023, 01:19:00 PM »

I'm tired of all these keyboard perverts.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/65251/episode-845-i-prefer-keyboarding-in-the-missionary-position

As I write this, I'm listening to Episode 845. I'm just over an hour in and Jon is trying to keep himself from spending $4000 on 8BitDo products. In this, I've encountered the phrase "keyboard S&M." As alternate titles go, this one might go over the still-uncharted John/Neal Line where I will definitely get an email.

This is New Business in Episode 845. It isn't the start; I've already heard Greg give some introductory thoughts on Super Mario Bros. Wonder - which had just come out hours earlier - and closing thoughts on the King's League Grand Prix of F-Zero 99. I, myself, then took the show through an eShop minecart ride and compared expectations and reality of "the newest Forza" with Jon Lindemann. Speaking of, before he doomed himself into spending an entire year's pay on Famicom-colored desktop accessories, Jon talked about getting spooky on his Steam Deck with Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

I've not got to hear Gui's New Business yet, because I have not reached it. I started the show on a bike ride. However, that ride wasn't long enough to hear the entire show; it's starting to get a bit chilly for such rides.

Normally, I'd look at the podcast listing in my podcast app of choice, but alas the NWR RSS Feed is broken again. It is a work in progress, but until it is corrected that means Episode 845 is a "Nintendo World Report dot com exclusive podcast."

I also recall us talking about action movies again. I assume we get here via Gui's New Business. I was not aware Time Cop had a sequel and I mix up the Carradine actors. I apologize to the Carradine family.

My notes indicate that Gui, who's New Business I reached as I typed this sentence, has completed Chained Echoes - which he ultimately likes a lot - and Asura's Wrath - which remains a scam over a decade later. My notes also indicate he played Astebreed, which is as anime as anime gets, assuming you can consume the plot, and leads us into a breakdown of the surprising contents of IREM Collection Volume 3.

I didn't know there was a Volume 1.

Despite the fact we didn't have any this week, please send us emails.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Re: Episode 845: I Prefer Keyboarding in the Missionary Position
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 01:42:42 PM »
Where you at in my feeds? I'm dying to be disappointed by the lack of Metal Gear impressions. I hope you not ghosts now, only to suck and be sucked by a lonely plumber.
"Fear of blood tends to create fear of the flesh"

Offline InvaderREN

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 02:51:37 PM »
Nothing in either the Apple podcast app or Spotify yet.

Offline pPatko

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/pual-patro
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2023, 05:39:20 PM »
Stoked to participate in the upcoming Retroactive! Where is the best place for discussion these days? Discord? Here in the forums?

My top 3 picks for the game in question:

• Super Mario Bros Lost Levels
  • Gargoyle’s Quest (GB)
  • Ninja Gaiden

Who's with me?!

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2023, 08:55:54 PM »
I'm still trying to get the feed stuff sorted. Sorry bout that.

Stoked to participate in the upcoming Retroactive! Where is the best place for discussion these days? Discord? Here in the forums?

My top 3 picks for the game in question:

• Super Mario Bros Lost Levels
  • Gargoyle’s Quest (GB)
  • Ninja Gaiden

Who's with me?!

Discord is more active but here or there, I'll see it. We'll make a thread in both.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2023, 10:10:18 AM »
Good to hear John got an 8bitdo Ultimate Controller. I got one of those after my launch day Pro Controller started drifting. Its a really good controller. It has hall  effect  sticks, so it shouldn't drift again

Offline Oliver-1984

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2023, 02:17:39 AM »
I have no experiences with one of the Elite controllers, but I am using a Xbox Series pad for my PC for one year now and had no problems in games like Celeste, Shovel Knight, Street Fighter 6 and Tetris Effect or playing NSMBW and DKCR on Dolphin. Comparing the standard controllers from the big three on the market right now, this pad has without question the most reliable Dpad from all of them (and the loudest). Not something I would have expected.

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2023, 12:53:09 PM »
I'm now picturing the controller screaming "Ow! Arrgh! You're crushing me!" as you use the d-pad.