Author Topic: Dead Cells Coming To Switch In 2018  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Dead Cells Coming To Switch In 2018
« on: January 25, 2018, 04:00:00 AM »

The Steam Early Access hit is making its debut on all consoles this year.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/46285/dead-cells-coming-to-switch-in-2018

One of Steam Early Access's biggest success stories is coming to Switch this year.

French developers Motion Twin have announced that their side-scrolling action RPG Dead Cells will release on Switch among other consoles in 2018. No further specifics about the release date are available, but it will be after the game leaves Steam Early Access. To date, the early version has sold over 600,000 copies.

Dead Cells is an action platformer that sees the player exploring a randomly generated dungeon and avoiding the threat of permanent death.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Cells Coming To Switch In 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 07:03:21 PM »
I’m glad this is coming to Switch, mostly because I want all games to come to the platform. As much as I’m a sucker for Metroidvanias, I’m definitely not good enough to tackle a roguelike people compare to the Souls series. I’ve always had trouble grasping the idea behind dying and failing being a fundamental part of a game, particularly that being tied directly to a game’s enjoyment. I’m not saying it can’t, just that it’s not for me.