Author Topic: Minecraft Switch Version Map Size Detailed, Wii U Transfer Coming  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Quite a bit larger than the Wii U.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/44511/minecraft-switch-version-map-size-detailed-wii-u-transfer-coming

Details about the upcoming Switch version of Minecraft were announced on a livestream yesterday, and they will give Wii U veterans a lot more room to work.

The maps on Switch will be approximately 3072 squares by 3072 squares, roughly 13x the size of a map on Wii U (864 x 864) but smaller than the maps on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (5120 x 5120). The Switch version will launch with all content through January and "quickly" catch up to the current game.

The stream confirmed that the ability to transfer maps from the Wii U game is being worked on but will not make launch. The game is expected to hold a steady framerate of 60 frames per second.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft Switch Version Map Size Detailed, Wii U Transfer Coming
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 03:43:33 PM »
Weird how they didn't make it the same as PS4 and XBONE, but at least it's larger than Wii U / PS3 / 360 as that was pretty small.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 04:51:00 PM »
I've been out of the Minecraft scene for a long time after playing it pretty regularly back when it was in beta and I've been looking for an excuse to jump back in. I think this Switch version is what's going to do it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 04:57:06 AM »
Sucks you cant make your own servers on these console versions seriously the best version is still pc.
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 12:35:50 PM »
I had entertained the idea of leaving my system and game on to create a "server world" of sorts for friends to drop in and out of on Wii U. I've done it with Animal Crossing to help friends get all the badges, and it worked out fairly well.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast