Author Topic: RIME Delayed Slightly For Switch; Physical Version Announced  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
RIME Delayed Slightly For Switch; Physical Version Announced
« on: March 08, 2017, 04:10:00 AM »

Switch version slightly more expensive, we have a comment from the publisher.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/44268/rime-delayed-slightly-for-switch-physical-version-announced

RIME will be coming to the Switch this summer, with a physical option - but a bit later than other consoles.

Grey Box, the company handling publishing duties for the title, announced the Switch release for "shortly after" a May 26 release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. A physical version of the title will be available for $39.99/€44.99/£39.99 while the PS4 / XB1 physical releases will be 10 dollars/euros/pounds less.

We reached out to Grey Box about the increase and were advised "We set prices for our products based on the costs of development and publishing for each specific platform."

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: RIME Delayed Slightly For Switch; Physical Version Announced
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 12:18:10 PM »
I'm sure this bodes well for future Switch 3rd party support.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 12:21:52 PM »
As long as prices don't exceed $59.99 and games come in at a range of prices below that and with physical releases, like here with $39.99 then I don't have much to complain about.

If the higher price is due to game carts versus game discs then I ain't complaining. I have a feeling these game cartridges help with a lot of the smoothness of playing the Switch.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 01:41:24 PM »
Releasing on Switch late and at a higher price is a bad combination - easy to predict this will sell poorly as a result unless the game reviews extremely well. Even then, why wait long and pay more if you have any other option? If it doesn't review well then the most expensive version is going to be instantly dismissed by gamers.

Kairon has a good point about the price of cards versus discs though. I'm not against paying a few dollars more for a preferred version if the game releases at the same time, and getting a built-in option for portable play is a nice added feature.
NNID: ejamer