Author Topic: Four New Pokemon Announced At 2016 World Championships  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Four New Pokemon Announced At 2016 World Championships
« on: August 19, 2016, 08:12:00 AM »

One brand new, three we knew about from Japan.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/43217/four-new-pokemon-announced-at-2016-world-championships

The latest Pokémon Sun and Moon trailer was released today to coincide with the opening of the 2016 World Pokémon Championships, and revealed a brand new Pokémon and three localizations.

• Crabrawler is a never-before seen Pokémon and as the name suggests, it is a Fighting-typed crab. Its abilities are Hyper Cutter or Iron Fist.
  • Sandygast and its evolved form Palossand are the Ghost/Ground sand Pokémon revealed in this month's CoroCoro. The two Pokémon share the ability Water Compaction that sharply raises their Defense when hit by a Water-type attack.
  • Stufful is the prior evolution of Bewear, and shares the larger bear's Normal/Fighting types and Fluffy/Klutz abilities. It also has a tag on its back for some reason.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Four New Pokemon Announced At 2016 World Championships
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 08:54:58 PM »
God that sandcastle is awful, just god awful.
Made you look ****.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 11:56:16 PM »
I love the stuffed animal bear design! So cute! A lot of the designs are going a bit off the rails, but I like them overall.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 12:14:16 AM »
Yeah I like the crab.
#toallyouGamegrumpsfansouthtere
Made you look ****.

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 09:47:39 AM »
God that sandcastle is awful, just god awful.

I don't know, I think there is something cleverly creepy about it. The juxtaposition of an object associated with children with a ghost typing and an anthropomorphic screaming/wailing mouth is pretty cool to me. Especially when you add in the animation they use for ghost type attacks.

Edit- I like it even better after reading its description: http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/sandygast/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 06:14:41 PM by rygar »