Author Topic: Super Meat Boy Teased For Wii U Release  (Read 743 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Super Meat Boy Teased For Wii U Release
« on: October 06, 2015, 12:50:59 PM »

Will the 3rd time be the charm for the indie hit releasing on a Nintendo platform?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rumor/41269/super-meat-boy-teased-for-wii-u-release

Although Super Meat Boy released today on the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 4, the door may be open to the title coming to the Wii U.

In the announcement post for the game's release today, Team Meat left this quote at the bottom of the post: "To the fan's we're still excluding I'll leave you with this: Wii haven't forgotten about U."

Super Meat Boy was originally slated to appear on WiiWare in 2010, and Team Meat were approved as 3DS developers in 2011. The WiiWare version was famously cancelled due to the WiiWare size restrictions.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Super Meat Boy Teased For Wii U Release
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 10:54:39 PM »
These Super Meat Boy's re-releases don't have Danny Baranowsky's music due to some stupid drama between them.

On PC you can get SMB for a song, and despite what introduction text in the beginning of a game says it's fully playable with a keyboard.

But if Wii U is all you got and you like challenging platformers with stupid amounts of content -- i highly recommend Super Meat Boy.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks