Author Topic: Pokemon Direct Recap: Pokken DX, Ultra Sun And Moon, Pokemon GS Virtual Console  (Read 3717 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

The first Pokemon Switch game is a fighter.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/44756/pokemon-direct-recap-pokken-dx-ultra-sun-and-moon-pokemon-gs-virtual-console

The Pokémon Direct has announced a Switch game, and four titles coming to 3DS before the end of the year.

• Pokkén Tournament DX was announced for Switch. The upgraded version of the 2016 Wii U fighting game will add five new characters: four from the Japanese arcade version (Croagunk, Darkrai, Scizor, Empoleon) and Decidueye from Pokémon Sun and Moon. New match options will be offered as well. Pokkén Tournament DX will release on September 22.
  • Also launching on September 22 will be the first 3DS Virtual Console titles to release in roughly 21 months. Pokémon Gold and Silver will come to the 3DS, along with support for Pokémon Bank as with last year's Red, Blue and Yellow releases.
  • Finally, Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will be the mainline RPGs for the year, releasing on 3DS on November 17 worldwide. The games will be an "alternate story" for Sun and Moon, with new forms of Pokémon.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
I really shouldn't have went into this with any expectations at all.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
EDIT: Good for the Pokemon Company to take into consideration the lack of Switches on store shelves and give us a game no one will really want that much.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
A little surprised that there will be no switch version of these Ultra titles. But that could be saved for E3 still.

Happy for the Pokken release. I skipped out on the Wii U version because of the lack of the additional characters.

Though now the Switch is quickly turning into a fighting game console, what with Street Fighter, Pokken, Arms, and the inevitable Smash release.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
I just saw this on twitter...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBpTE0TXkAE0HpS.jpg

Yup, they fixed the "error" now but someone at the Pokemon Company messed up real bad.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Not truly surprising no, and Gold/Silver re-releases are fun! I never got to try the remakes they did on DS for those.

Pokkén is a fun game as well, it's kinda weird they never released the Arcade characters as DLC for the Wii U edition in my opinion. There clearly appeared space allocated for a few more fighters on the roster...
 It's a decent title, particularly the online works well. Bit lacking in the single player aspects maybe, I think some arenas with physical obstacles or something would have been neat, those were always the better fights in the anime too.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
The Gen IV remakes of Gen II were what made Gen IV my favorite.  I think I'll end up getting G/S for 3DS.  Especially when I finally decide to go for a complete 'dex.

Also I kinda called it on the Pokemon spin off for Switch.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Officially, that listing was a "clerical error".
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Pokkén is a fun game as well, it's kinda weird they never released the Arcade characters as DLC for the Wii U edition in my opinion. There clearly appeared space allocated for a few more fighters on the roster...

They probably originally planned on them being DLC for the Wii U game but then decided it'd be easier to sell an updated Switch version by saving them for that.  An enhanced Switch version with 5 new characters is certainly more attractive to double dip for the people that bought it for Wii U then it would have otherwise been if the DLC characters been released last year.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline ForgottenPearl

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
I was disappointed by how quickly I stopped finding fair matches in Pokken online, so I'm glad we all have the chance to start fresh with a deluxe version of it.  I'm still sticking with my pal Pikachu, though!

I just finished Pokemon Sun, though.  I don't really want an alternate version of a story-oriented game.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
This is pretty much what I expected.

I wonder if Crystal will hit later on. That's the version that would tempt me, since Gold is my fave, but I don't have Crystal.

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I'm excited. I was hoping for both a SuMo sequel on the 3DS and the VC games.

I was pretty likely to get a New 2DS, but this makes it practically certain. I had forgotten the VC games had wireless trading.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Stupid name.
Made you look ****.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Been wondering what "alternative story" means.  Will the story be parallel to the original SuMo story line or will it be a direct sequel like B2W2?

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
I hate the 2 thing pokemon likes doing now. Go back to thrid games plz.
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
They literally did it once so far and Black 2/White 2 are among the best games in the series.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I think Gamefreak just goes for the least expected thing.  Like, people made Pokemon Z and Pokemon Stars mockups, so those games didn't get made.