The Savior Returns Late 2005

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE: Live?
« Reply #251 on: May 17, 2005, 09:13:16 AM »
There probably will be surprise revelations, in the months (if not days) ahead. IN fact, there's probably no way we won't find out all about revolution as more developers get their grubby hands on it. So why not control how we get the information with a whiz-bang performance right now?
Sigh. I guess it's important to remember that PS2 and Revolution won't be comming out until next year. If the Revolution is truly revolutionary, it should still knock the wind out of the ps3's sails before launch. Nintendo's lacklustre presentation matters to us, but won't really matter to casual gamers in the long run.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Jigabug_

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Live?
« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2005, 09:15:01 AM »
Hey guys... I had no audio the last 7 mins or so... I was able to watch the Zelda part but not hear it.

I'm assuming the video was Zelda: Twighlight Princess (?) for the 'cube? If so... can someone explain to me the DS card that was shown?

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 17, 2005, 09:15:44 AM »
The DS card was the video on the card, as part of the press kits.

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 17, 2005, 09:16:59 AM »
It has a copy of the game's trailer on it, for the media. No biggie.
"wow."

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2005, 09:20:45 AM »
You know that South Park episode where Cartman's friends send that video of him playing tea party to Funniest Home Videos and he's so mad he looks like he's having a fit?  That's me right now.  "I...am...sooooo...pissed...at..you...guys."

This is was IT.  This was Nintendo's big chance.  The PS3 and Xbox 360 conferences really weren't all that great and Nintendo had the chance to blow them away.  They were even going last so they could react directly to what was shown.  And they totally f*cking blew it!  They pretty much didn't reveal anything!  The Rev showing was worse than both of the competitors.  How could they see what the competition was showing and think that THIS was comparible?  We know some info and I kind of like what I know so far but it's not enough.  No one is going to hype up the Rev because of this.  The competition has real games and footage.  Nintendo has vague concepts.  That's not comparable.

Not only was this their big chance I feel it was their last chance.  This next gen is a two console race.  All everyone talks about is Sony vs MS.  No one is paying attention to Nintendo anymore.  They show off the real details later and it won't matter because no one is going to even know about it.  By then the Xbox 360 will be right around the corner.  This was E3.  People were looking.  No one is going to pay attention to a Nintendo-only show later because no one cares about Nintendo.  Everyone assumed the Rev was a non-factor and Nintendo just confirmed their suspicions.  When you don't show something people assume it's because you have nothing to show.

I currently don't have a reason to buy a Revolution and I'm a Nintendo fan.  So how the F*CK are they going to get any of the people who didn't buy a Cube to buy a Rev if they haven't yet convinced ME to buy one?  SSB Online is cool and a new Metroid, Mario, and Zelda are cool but those are old hat.  If someone didn't buy a Cube for those franchises they're not going to buy a Rev for them.  And even if the franchises are good enough to sell you a Rev what do you have to look forward to?  We don't have any details on these games at all.

It doesn't matter what the controller is or what games are available.  People are making their choice now and it's PS2 or Xbox 360.  The Rev isn't even a choice because we don't know sh!t about it.  The race has started and Nintendo is still driving to the track.  It will take a f*cking miracle to build up hype now.

The only reason to be excited in the Rev is if you have faith in Nintendo but that's the whole point.  Very few people do.  The market share is shrinking each gen.  Nintendo can't rely on people to be patient or give them the benefit of the doubt.  We've been waiting since the N64 for them to get their act back together.  People are tired of waiting.  So when Nintendo tells us to wait some more they might as well tell us to go buy another console.  Maybe they've changed, maybe they haven't but it doesn't matter.  We need to know things are getting better now because we've got two other consoles to choose from.

If Nintendo has any brains at all they'll bust their ass to put on some big unveiling ASAP.  When the crowd groans at your conference you f*cked up.

Offline Jigabug_

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 17, 2005, 09:20:49 AM »
No big deal now that I know... but when you have no audio, see a video-only of the Zelda demo, then see a DS card, you don't know what to think. Thanks!

Offline LuWoo75

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 17, 2005, 09:22:28 AM »
That was the worst E3 opening for Nintendo ever.  All they did was regergatate every we already knew.  Why was there no specs given for the revolution?  That's just dumb unless they knew that they were going to havta go back to the drawing board and up thier specs to fit everyonelse.  That Nintendogs, planktons demo just reinforced every negative sterotype about Nintendo as being tiku tiku tiku!  and all those Mario titles just shows that all nintendo dose is re-hash old titles.  This is bad, if this stands as is i probably wont even get the next nintendo and i have  had every system that they put out.  What's going on?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 17, 2005, 09:24:23 AM »
Sony = +3

Microsoft = 0
Nintendo = 0

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 17, 2005, 09:26:20 AM »
I think Nintendo is minus a few right now...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 17, 2005, 09:27:51 AM »
You know Nintendo didn't do too well when my negative post just blends in with everyone elses.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 17, 2005, 09:27:58 AM »
"What console should I get, Xbox or Playstation 2?"

is now

"What console should I get, Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?"

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 17, 2005, 09:28:01 AM »
this was NOT the worst for nintendo.  seriously.  stop thinking about the revolution. the other stuff they brought to the table was FIRE! c'mon now. DSonline. mario kart online. new zelda trailer. smash brothers online. super mario ds with co-op, and the new gba that looks hot, and some other stuff that was buffering. if you stop concentrating on the new console you'll see this was an awesome showing.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 17, 2005, 09:29:58 AM »
We were HYPED for something new though! Everything they showed we knew about, nothing surprised me except Gameboy Micro (which pissed me off), hell they even had a countdown on their own freaking website, THEY were hyped, but WHY? If that's all they showed? Something's not right.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 17, 2005, 09:35:20 AM »
I think Sony pulled the rug up from under them and they weren't preapred to unviel all that much.

I should have taken that extra 2 hours of sleep before work, I coulda got the new info while @ work
i.e. the Zelda trailer and a pic of GB micro

Offline LuWoo75

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 17, 2005, 09:36:17 AM »
Bolonga, take the rev out of it and it was just mediocre.  Zelda was cool, but we already know it's going to be great that is a constant.  Mario kart online?..... no not really still the same ol thing just playing online.  Buffering Nintendo is in last place there is no room to buffer. Every developer is jumping ship i cant even play a darn star wars game anymore w/nintendo.  Silicone Knights is gone now, konami never was onboard to begin with. They better get some good 3rd party development or it's for sure over.  And on top of it all they show all those I LOVE HALO 2 games and 4 Mario titles, mario soccer, mario party, mario dance etc.  That just ruined my day.  

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 17, 2005, 09:36:48 AM »
DOOMED
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 17, 2005, 09:37:14 AM »
WHERE IS THE 3D NONSENSE

WHERE IS MARIO 128

WHERE IS METROID DREAD

WHERE IS THE CONTROLLER

YOU CAN DO BETTER NINTENDO, YOU CAN DO F*CKING BETTER
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 17, 2005, 09:38:30 AM »
If past E3s are any indication, Nintendo won't be showing anything in the show proper either.

Looking back over the conference it's clear that:

a) Gamecube only has Zelda going for it now.
b) Nintendo didn't show nearly as much Revolution stuff as they should have. Why the secrets? Why the puzzle? Why, Nintendo, why?

BUT!

c) I don't think anybody can deny that DS got some impressive stuff for it this time. Another Code, Mario & Luigi 2, online (whatever, personally), new Mario Bros, that list of devs... I'll just ignore nintendogs and electroplankton though.

The DS was clearly positioned as the star of the show... it's just too bad Nintendo's decision not to show more of Revolution absolutely killed whatever impact it may have had. Not a smart move, Nintendo.

What with the conference and the "2/3 times" thing I'm thoroughly and completely pissed off.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #269 on: May 17, 2005, 09:40:23 AM »
Holy crap guys....

This may be it for me....  All the forumers in the world are crying little babies.

Nintendo is doing things right.  They, as a company, make me happy.  They are running their business in the way businesses should be run.  They are stressing the little guy instead of the companies that can afford 8 figure budgets.  I am happy...  and I don't want to be lumped in with the likes of you whiners.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 17, 2005, 09:42:11 AM »
Well, there was backwards compatibility extending to the NES.  There was also the news that Metroid Prime 3, Crystal Chronicles and Super Smash Bros. are all in the works and that Super Smash Bros. will be online.  So there were a few details.  On any day but today, we'd be hyped about all that.  

I personally think Nintendo showed pretty much what I expected.  I am surprised and disappointed that they didn't display any Revolution footage (other than Samus, which I hear was pre-rendered).  That was a big mistake.  Heck, I don't even care if it's fake, pre-rendered stuff, the point is to remind people there are games they will want on the new system.  However, it's not a surprise that Nintendo doesn't want to reveal the revolutionary part of the console.

I think Nintendo can still turn things around for Revolution by having a strong showing later on, but it needs to be this year, before Xbox 360 is released.

My main disappointment is that there wasn't anything new worth talking about.  Last year they capped off a great conference with some footage of Zelda.  This year they capped off a mediocre conference with...more footage of Zelda.  That's a shame.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Savior

• I want one too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 17, 2005, 09:44:21 AM »
I didnt see a problem with the lack of legit Revolution specs/graphics...

What concerneed me the most, was the lack of third parties...  Would it have hurt to have a video reel of guys from Konami, Capcom Namco and EA talking about their exitement over the Revoltuion?  The Rest of the Show was fine. Even though we only saw 3 "Core" DS Games...

The Savior Returns Late 2005

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 17, 2005, 09:45:02 AM »
"They are running their business in the way businesses should be run. They are stressing the little guy instead of the companies that can afford 8 figure budgets."

The problem is that you have no way of knowing that, and for that matter, Nintendo missed their chance to show anybody that.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 17, 2005, 09:45:34 AM »
Indeed, DS has some awesome games, i'm pumped for DS games, I love my DS. I wish Revolution wasn't hyped so much, by tomorrow i'll have calmed down and be loving Nintendo again. That Tony Hawk game on DS looked surprisingly great, and Mario & Luigi 2 is the best thing ever.

However, look how many people are in the Revolution board right now, hell the only E3 discussion happening is in this board, when they showed more DS and GC stuff than Rev stuff, we have ourselves to blame for the disappointment, BUT luckily we are not disappointed in the console, we are just disappointed we didnt get to see how it was played, which is good I guess. *sigh*

Offline Tridon

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 17, 2005, 09:46:36 AM »
I couldn't agree with you more Ian. How is Nintendo suppose to build hype or even generate any interest in Revolution if there's little or no new info about it? There has to be that wow factor or all Nintendo will hear is crickets in the dark otherwise, silent night...and the smattering of polite applause at their weak showing.