Author Topic: Thousand Year Door Remake And Luigi's Mansion 2 HD Receive Dates For Mar10  (Read 749 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Local Thousand Year Door stan excited to finally play game for first time.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/66545/thousand-year-door-remake-and-luigis-mansion-2-hd-receive-dates-for-mar10

An unexpected news blast has greeted us on this Mario Day, with a billion-dollar sequel and release dates for five Mario games on Switch in a special video.

• Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door confirmed a release date of May 23, 2024.
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD will follow on June 27 - the last two games being Thursday releases, rather than Nintendo's standard first party release day of Friday.
  • The Nintendo Switch Online Game Boy library will add Dr. Mario (GB), Mario Golf (GBC), and Mario Tennis (GBC) this coming Tuesday.
  • Animation is about to begin for the inevitable second Super Mario Bros. movie. Illumination has returned for the project which is currently scheduled for release on April 3, 2026.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Dinar87

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Since no one else has posted yet, am I the only one concerned about TTYD remake? Don't get me wrong for newcomers these won't be a problem, but as someone who grew up with and has replayed TTYD many times, there's potential issues.

-will the game run at 60fps like the original? One aspect of Gamecube games I loved was how smooth every game ran. It would feel disrespectful if the remake of a 20 year old game ran worse than the original.
-can we switch to the original game's soundtrack like in Super Mario RPG remake? Not feeling the jazzy remade music
-will there be any new content?
-price?
-will buying this remake actually give us back the TTYD formula again?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
The good sales of Super Mario RPG should have let Nintendo know there is demand for this type of game. If this one sells really well I am guessing they will make the next Paper Mario in this style or just have a new Mario RPG with a different name.

I have not played the original so I can't really comment on the other questions you raised.

Offline Woody

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Is anyone else listening to TTYD walkthrough on smasherpieces podcast? It’s going to be fascinating everyone’s take on this game.

Offline Dinar87

• View Profile
The good sales of Super Mario RPG should have let Nintendo know there is demand for this type of game. If this one sells really well I am guessing they will make the next Paper Mario in this style or just have a new Mario RPG with a different name.

I have not played the original so I can't really comment on the other questions you raised.

Unfortunately it's not always guaranteed. Fire emblem three house's sales should of proved to Intelligent Systems people want dark fantasy Fire Emblem with good story and characters....but instead, after a 4 year wait, we get engage.....

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I mean Engage was developed in tandem with 3 Houses and was intentionally following a different path. People think Engage was supposed to release a few years back but Covid really did a number on Nintendo with their backwards processes involving security and working in person.

Willing to bet the next original game will be quite different from Engage. Maybe even the next remake (please give us more, I really want 4, 5, & 6 in a console-level Echoes style).
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Dinar87

• View Profile
I mean Engage was developed in tandem with 3 Houses and was intentionally following a different path. People think Engage was supposed to release a few years back but Covid really did a number on Nintendo with their backwards processes involving security and working in person.

Willing to bet the next original game will be quite different from Engage. Maybe even the next remake (please give us more, I really want 4, 5, & 6 in a console-level Echoes style).

It was also leaked that engage was finished for over a year back in 2022. I just never expected at the time of Three Houses we'd be going in a radically different direction.

The engage leakers also said an FE4 remake is coming eventually.