We store cookies, you can get more info from our privacy policy.

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase Announced

by Xander Morningstar - July 19, 2020, 9:20 pm EDT
Total comments: 10

Only focusing on previously-announced titles.

The next Nintendo Direct Mini has been announced via Twitter, with the focus being a "Partner Showcase" on previously announced titles. It debuts at 7:00 am PT / 10:00 am EST tomorrow. The Japanese Twitter account has announced it being roughly 10 minutes in length.

Talkback

nickmitchJuly 20, 2020

I'm wondering if this will be another look at Bayonetta 3.  That's my most optimistic guess, but I dunno if 10 minutes is enough time to talk about it and other titles.

KhushrenadaJuly 20, 2020

"Only focusing on previously-announced titles"

Oh good. Because that's what everyone's been clamoring about for awhile now. Reminders of what else is still coming and no new announcements.

I realize it is for "partners" aka third-party contracts but does Nintendo even have 10 minutes worth of previously announced titles they can showcase at this point? :smug:

EnnerJuly 20, 2020

Finally, a release date for Doom Eternal!

Other than Bravely Default 2, I'm wishing for a Bayonetta 3 update.

All these small Nintendo announcements is making me anxious. I'm buckling in for a 2018-ish year where big, new Nintendo games were few and far between.

nickmitchJuly 20, 2020

Quote from: Khushrenada

I realize it is for "partners" aka third-party contracts but does Nintendo even have 10 minutes worth of previously announced titles they can showcase at this point? :smug:

While I think the odds of MP4 appearing are remote, Retro Sudios does consider Nintendo a "partner and parent".

Discord.RSSJuly 20, 2020

Not to be Debbie Downer here, but I think Bayonetta 3 hopes should be kept in check. Nintendo are publishing that game themselves, and Platinum seem pretty swamped. Babylon's Fall still doesn't seem remotely done yet, they ported Wonderful 101 to PC/Switch/PS4 earlier this year, recently ceded Granblue Fantasy Re:Link development back to Cygames, and Astral Chain is not even a year old yet.

Seems more likely they'll show Doom Eternal, Crysis Remaster, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remaster, Rune Factory 5, Rogue Company, maybe highlight Carrion (due out this week), and perhaps a montage of some 2021 season sports games. Could also see Jump Force and Fairy Tail being shown, but then again Bandai also have their own anime showcase in a few days.

NanigansJuly 20, 2020

Just give me a Silksong release date!

nickmitchJuly 20, 2020

Quote from: Steefosaurus

Not to be Debbie Downer here, but I think Bayonetta 3 hopes should be kept in check. Nintendo are publishing that game themselves, and Platinum seem pretty swamped. Babylon's Fall still doesn't seem remotely done yet, they ported Wonderful 101 to PC/Switch/PS4 earlier this year, recently ceded Granblue Fantasy Re:Link development back to Cygames, and Astral Chain is not even a year old yet.

Yeah, I wasn't betting on it being in the showcase, just thinking that of the bigger titles we haven't seen it a while, that might have the best shot.  I think the possibilities you listed are far more likely.

Discord.RSSJuly 20, 2020

Quote from: nickmitch

Yeah, I wasn't betting on it being in the showcase, just thinking that of the bigger titles we haven't seen it a while, that might have the best shot.  I think the possibilities you listed are far more likely.

Well, got 2 of them right I guess, but did not see that swerve at the end coming!

KhushrenadaJuly 20, 2020

Welp. I expected nothing and I got nothing. Maybe next time I should expect something....

Mop it upJuly 20, 2020

This is like a spinoff of a spinoff.

Got a news tip? Send it in!
Advertisement
Advertisement