And runs through them in about ten minutes.
Nintendo's latest Nindies Showcase video was a brisk one, featuring announcements of 16 new games hitting Switch throughout 2018.
- Kicking off the show was Mark of the Ninja Remastered, an upgraded version of the 2012 Xbox 360 / PC title. Featuring cutscenes in a Saturday morning cartoon style and intense 2D platforming action. It launches on Switch in the fall.
- Fantasy Strike is a 2D fighting game in which anything can become a fighting style. Developed by Sirlin Games, who helped provide balance for the HD remaster of Super Street Fighter II Turbo, the summer launch will have online play.
- Just Shapes and Beats is a "rhythm hell" game, combining elements of the hardest shooters and rhythm action. Supports local and online co-op, and launches on Switch as a timed console exclusive in summer.
- Garage is a 2D overhead shooter published by tinyBuild, which the studio later revealed would come out on May 10. Zombies will be slain in the tribute to 1980s B-movies.
- Pool Panic is the latest announcement from Battle Chef Brigade publishers Adult Swim Games. The oddball adventure involves playing as the cue ball in a world-spanning game of eight ball. Local co-op will also be available when it releases on Switch this fall.
- Bomb Chicken is a 2D platformer from Nitrome in which a chicken lays bombs to discover secret entrances and escape foes. Set for a summer release on Switch.
- Lumines Remastered is a HD version of the classic music-based rhythm game that debuted on the PlayStation Portable in 2005. The May release for Switch will feature a special Trance Vibration mode that involves using four Joy-Cons to feel the beat.
- Devolver Digital showed two new titles in Reigns: Kings and Queens and The Messenger. Reigns is a kingdom simulation that combines government with dating applications, while The Messenger is a 2D platformer that swaps between 8-bit and 16-bit graphics to represent time travel. Reigns will take over in spring, while The Messenger follows in summer.
- A new trailer was shown for the previously announced Light Fall, while a new speedrun mode was announced. Light Fall is a platformer where the main character uses a magical box called a Shadow Core to propel through the air.
- PC adventure/RPG hybrid West of Loathing will make its console debut on Switch this spring. Presented largely in black and white, the turn-based RPG battles are optional but the Oxford comma is not.
- Norwegian-inspired puzzle adventure Pode has been tabbed for a spring release.
- Raw Fury's latest Switch game is Bad North, a real-time strategy title that has permanent death for the generals. The viking-based strategy title is a summer release.
- To close the show, Versus Evil announced that the two Banner Saga adventure/RPG titles would come to Switch in spring ahead of the release of Banner Saga 3 this summer. Choices and stories from the first two titles will carry over to Banner Saga 3.