Author Topic: Chun Li (Limited Edition PS2 Controller!)  (Read 2886 times)

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Chun Li (Limited Edition PS2 Controller!)
« on: August 03, 2004, 10:47:04 AM »
I found this at my job, its a Chun Li exclusive controller to Sam Goody stores only.  It looks like a sega saturn controller where you have 6 face buttons mapped perfectly for fighters.  There also is a cool Chun Li hologram in the center of the controller and the controller is primarily white and blue.  Too bad it's only for PS2 though.  Thought you guys might wanna know.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
RE:Chun Li (Limited Edition PS2 Controller!)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 01:33:50 PM »
If you get one of those PS2-GC cables, you could play your fighting games in style, if that's your thing...

Its a shame that Capcom won't put Street Fighter Anniversary collection on the 'Cube; If they made the controller as a bonus for pre-ordering or sell it seperatlely, I'm sure the 'Cube faithful would come out for it.

Though historically, Nintendo didn't always get the Street Fighter love. Yeah it was released first to the SNES, and then Turbo came out after, but Sega's special Champion Edition was the best home edition. If you wanted to play just Champion Edition with cheap-ass Bison, you could. You couldn't do that on Nintendo....

Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
RE: Chun Li (Limited Edition PS2 Controller!)
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 01:51:58 PM »
"but Sega's special Champion Edition was the best home edition."

You mean the version for the system with the 3 button controller?  Oh yeah that was so much better.    The SNES was the system to play Street Fighter on until the N64 came out and like many series that people associated with Nintendo it jumped to the Playstation.  We SHOULD get Street Fighter Anniversary Collection.  Street Fighter II wouldn't have been as big as it was if it wasn't for the near perfect SNES port.  For a company that seems to be very supportive of Nintendo Capcom sure makes a surpringly large amount PS2/Xbox non-Cube titles.  And for a system that has completely bombed in Japan and has a record of Japanese games flopping on it the Xbox has a surprisingly large amount of hardcore Japanese games.  Clearly moneyhats are being exchanged.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 07:11:47 PM »
I was under the impression that Championship Edition for Mega Drive was just Street Fighter II Turbo. But with crappier music and graphics (also lacked the insane speed cheats found in Turbo). =p

Oh hey, Ian. Mega Drive/Genesis did have a six button controller, too.

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 10:41:53 PM »
In fact, Streetfighter II was the game which prompted the release of the Mega Drive's six button pad... I remember it being really heavily promoted prior to the game's release.
DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2004, 11:58:19 PM »
it's not exclusive to sam goody

They're making ones for quite a few characters, you can get Shin Akuma, Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li at the moment, with a few more planned, I can't remember the website to the guys making them, but they had shadows of a few other characters, like Bison, Dalsim and a few others.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 02:36:12 PM »
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 05:38:45 PM »
Yeah, my local Sam Goody didn't have it : (

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2004, 01:01:37 AM »
How about this: Power Stick
Or even better: SCII

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2004, 09:03:37 AM »
yeah your right its not sam goody exclusive, sorry.

I read in our advertisement and it says exclusive to sam goodys.  SOMEONE #%@#$ UP THERE!

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2004, 04:27:38 PM »
It could be exclusivly instore to Sam Goody or something, I've only ever seen it online in other places.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2004, 10:48:19 PM »
actually i read into it again.  We are giving $10 off when you buy the controller and the 15th anniversary game together, thats an exclusive deal.

Offline Darc Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2004, 07:14:29 PM »
Speaking of X-box I don't see them doing a X-box version of the controller. Since my PS2 went kaput and I refuse to buy another....I was hoping that either the game would pop up on GC or they would make a similar controller for X-box. Seems that neither will be occurring.

BTW The only thing Special about Special Championship Edition was that it blew. Oh and Turbo SNES contained both Turbo SF2 and CE.

Darc Requiem  
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."