Author Topic: Banned from the forums?  (Read 2115 times)

Offline ZeroPlague

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Banned from the forums?
« on: July 30, 2004, 06:07:03 AM »
I know that a while back, there was an issue with akdaman1 who mentioned me in a couple of his posts that had eventually gotten him banned... what I don't understand is why was I banned?

At first, I had gotten the reasoning that my avatar and sig was oversize and inappropriate, so I e-mailed Bloodworth with a polite message asking why this was happening.  I had got no reply... so I had e-mailed another administrator to once again ask why this was happening in case Bloodworth didn't receive the e-mail that I had sent him.  Once again, there was no reply.

Seeing that I couldn't PM them either due to the problem, I had created another account due to the reason that I thought something messed up with my previous account with the avatar.  I was causing absolutely no trouble at all, and then I got the reason of banning of that account.

It had said that I tried avoiding a ban by creating a new account.

Well, I didn't know I was banned in the first place, so that rules out the theory on me avoiding a ban in the first place.  What I still don't know is WHY I was banned.  From the second I had registered at these forums, I have not caused a single problem.  The only reason I think the administrators banned me was due to akdaman1 blaming quite a fair bit of rubbish on me, which was one hundred percent untrue.

Could I please have a proper reply that informs me why I was banned and what for, and even if I am allowed back on the forums instead of getting a banning message saying that I was served?  Trust me, the last thing I would want to do is cause trouble, because I am certainly not that kind of person.

Thankyou.

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
RE: Banned from the forums?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 06:51:03 AM »
Your avatar was too big, coupled with the Akdaman thing I banned you.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline ZeroPlague

• View Profile
RE:Banned from the forums?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 07:01:06 AM »
Well, could I please have another chance at the forums?

To speak the honest truth, the majority of stuff that Akdaman1 had said was all rubbish.  He was talking to me on MSN before he had posted the message, and I had suggested for him not to because it'd end up getting both of us banned, which is really what I didn't want to happen.

If you really do need proof, I've had that MSN automatic logging option enabled for quite some time, and might even still have the conversation between me and him logged.

Regardless, would I be able to be unbanned?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 07:41:53 AM »
Come on Zoidy, ak was the ass here, not Zero... :\
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 03:14:35 PM »
check pm.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2004, 08:25:18 AM »
It looks like I missed something rather good going on, anyone willing to let me in on what Ak did? Please ^__^
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 09:49:41 PM »
Honestly, I think his account was hijacked or something, he just started posting all kinds of really obvious crap that practically asked for him to be banned.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers