Author Topic: I know there is a strnghatred for the ps2 here  (Read 10071 times)

Offline DL_992

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I know there is a strnghatred for the ps2 here
« on: July 04, 2004, 03:26:35 PM »
But i still like mine and that GTA rip off put online looks intresting. 25- life is due in feb so it'll be awhile but i think, if eidos dident take and screw up the controls on this one like they did for tomb raider and most of the other games they have made it may be an actual challenge to the GTA franchise. Where True Crime feels arcadish and Driv3r is just gonna be another wanna be GTA  and one wanna be gta that wont be released Cice Vity by Yoink! all fail 25- life may thrive.  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:I know there is a stronghatred for the ps2 here
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 03:58:54 PM »
Eh, not quite- I like my PS2 quite a bit. Ico is, in my opinion, not only one of the best games this generation but one of the best games period. I cry every time I see the end cut scene.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
RE: I know there is a stronghatred for the ps2 here
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2004, 04:10:36 PM »

I know there is a stronghatred for the ps2 here

oh, I must have missed that part.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2004, 05:10:29 PM »
I have a strong indifference to PS2.  Does that count?
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline DL_992

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 05:22:29 PM »
well it just comes off this way because i always see threads bashing on ps2's and cr@p and i dont want to turn this into another spec war.

and DR.Z great avaitar

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 07:16:46 PM »
I have a strong hatred for the PS2s hardware design....  But I like a lot of the games on it =P  *eagerly awaiting Sly Cooper 2 and any more DDR Konami can throw at me*
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline elementc

• WELCOME TO EARF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2004, 07:46:56 PM »
I hate it because when I tried to get rid of the piece of crap it turned out that it wouldn't read blue discs so I couldn't afford a Gamecube because of the refurbishing cost. I had to get a used one, and now I owe my brother fifty bucks because I wanted to buy the Wind Waker. I'm never going to pay him back if I can help it though.  
Insanity... goes well with a large glass of milk.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2004, 08:41:04 PM »
"eagerly awaiting Sly Cooper 2"

Whaaaat?  *smacks sense into Pale*
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2004, 08:50:05 PM »

I know there is a stronghatred for the ps2 here
Depends on who replies. You've got the nice side of PGC here pretty much.

And I don't hate the PS2 - there are definitely some great games on there (found a rare ICO PAL release that I STILL haven't started playing :-O) but games like GTA and FF really don't interest me the slightest. Oh well.

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2004, 10:46:55 PM »

Originally posted by: DL_992
well it just comes off this way because i always see threads bashing on ps2's and cr@p and i dont want to turn this into another spec war.

and DR.Z great avaitar

what, you do? In the month since you've been here? I think you'll find those are locked pretty much as soon as I find them, I frown upon fanboys of any system and moderate acordingly.

and DL_992 great avaitar
OUT OF DATE.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2004, 02:33:49 AM »
You are waiting for a game by EIDOS???

Offline DL_992

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 03:49:26 AM »
They have had a few decent games its just usually the controls are so messed up that it makes the game either unplayable or un enjoyable, mainly because i hate using the analog sticks and thats usually how they usually lay out the controls on their games.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2004, 03:58:54 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill
"eagerly awaiting Sly Cooper 2"

Whaaaat?  *smacks sense into Pale*

I knew that would get a reaction from you =P
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2004, 08:12:27 AM »
Eh, I enjoy a few games on ps2.  I have actually always liked the controller for the types of games I play.  I love the d-pad and shoulder button design.  I am sure some think I am insane, but next to the melty feel of the GCN controller, I place the psx game pad.  I even bought the logitech controller just like it for pc for my racing games and such.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2004, 08:14:40 AM »
mmm, ddr.  I still love my ps2.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2004, 09:51:16 AM »
Actually, PS2 would probably be my first choice if I were going to buy another console.  The thing is, I don't have time for another console.  GameCube keeps me plenty busy.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Darc Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2004, 10:40:15 PM »
I do have a strong hatred for the PS2. I own one...well it no longer functions. I hate the PS2 because of its pathetic build quality. Its my least favorite system. The GC is my favorite, followed by X-box, and then PS2. I bought my PS2 for RPGs and outside FFX and Suikoden 3 its been a waste for me. I'm looking forward to FFXII and MGS3 but I don't want to buy another piece of flawed hardware that will fail 6 to 18 months I after I buy it.

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline elementc

• WELCOME TO EARF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2004, 11:47:56 AM »
Hmm... 18 months. That reminds me of... iPod.
Insanity... goes well with a large glass of milk.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2004, 12:10:48 PM »
Are you getting a disc read error, Darc? I know a couple ways to fix those that work great.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2004, 03:31:28 PM »
Why on earth would anyone hate a freaking plastic box that is full of wire, solder and whatever the hell else the jam in there.
They are only games. Why do people take them so seriously? I find it very ironic, that Nintendo gamers claim that nintendo games are the most fun, yet they apper to be the most unhappy people I have ever encountered.  
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2004, 03:39:40 PM »
I find it odd, cubed, that the only serious complaint with the PS2 in this thread was a technical one. Maybe you should read the thread a bit before you post.

Offline Darc Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2004, 07:17:48 PM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker
Are you getting a disc read error, Darc? I know a couple ways to fix those that work great.

I already tried to fixed it Mouse. I went to Ars Technica and fiddled with it for 3 or 4 hours to no avail.

Originally posted by: thecubedcanuck
Why on earth would anyone hate a freaking plastic box that is full of wire, solder and whatever the hell else the jam in there. They are only games. Why do people take them so seriously? I find it very ironic, that Nintendo gamers claim that nintendo games are the most fun, yet they apper to be the most unhappy people I have ever encountered.

Well, I do hate a freaking plastic box. I mean when a company continually puts out substandard products that fail at an abnormally high rate. I think you should be allowed to despise them. I didn't purchase a PS1 because of all the problems my friends had. I waited on the PS2 hoping that maybe Sony would get right this time but now they haven't. I mean my PS2 broke, one of my friends is on hist 3rd PS2, a second is thinking about getting anotehr, and even my brother is gonna buy a second. I already told him to make sure he gets an extended warranty. Frankly Cubed, I don't give a damn how good the games on PS2 are if my damn PS2 doesn't work. Games are just shiny pieces of plastic if your console doesn't function.

Even if my PS2 did function, I'd still rank it as the 4th best console of this generation. I mean in all honestly, despite its short tenure,  I had the most fun with the Dreamcast. The GC has been good but only beats out the N64 IMO in terms of the best Nintendo consoles. Eventhough I prefer the GC to the N64, I'd take Ocarina of Time/Super Mario 64 over Wind Waker/Super Mario Sunshine. I'd take the X-box over the PS2. I mean at first I despised my X-box, but when my PS2 broke I realized that just about every game that I had for PS2 was available on X-box and they were usually better. I bought my PS2 for RPGs and only truly enjoyed FFX and Suikoden 3. Hell the only reason I'm even debating getting another PS2 is for Suikoden 4, FFXII, and MGS3. Despite wanting those games I probably won't get a PS2 in protest. Sony needs to build a better product. I mean Mikami of Capcom was disgusted with Sony's product quality and openly expressed his disgust with Sony. Nuff said.

Darc Requiem

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2004, 07:22:31 PM »
What'd you try? I know a method that's worked flawlessly for me 4 times.  

Offline Darc Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2004, 04:01:01 PM »
I tried adjusting the height of my PS2's laser. I wasn't aware of any other methods.  Clue me in please.

Darc Requiem

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2004, 04:11:39 PM »
By adjusting the height of the laser do you mean turning the little white gear a couple clicks left or right?

And the other heard I heard about was placing about an inch of tape above and below the hole on the label side of each disc. I haven't tried it myself because adjusting the laser has always worked for me.