Author Topic: Smart move by Sega Sports  (Read 2927 times)

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Smart move by Sega Sports
« on: June 13, 2004, 09:59:28 AM »
Sega just announced that they are going to price NFL2K5 for $19.99. I don't know if this going to affect all there sports titles but either way this is an excellent move. NFL2K is superior too Madden and know the average Joe will give it shot. I mean I was going to buy it anyway but a lot of people are hesitant to job of the Madden bandwagon. Hopefully this will help pry them off. Madden is nearly the same gamer every year and its $50 a pop and Sega's pricing would justify a purchasing  a new game every year even to sports game haters.

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline Chode2234

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Smart move by Sega Sports
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 11:16:39 AM »
If they can sell them so cheaply, why can't they just port them to gamecube then.  I am really missing out on my updated version of the brilliant NBA 2k series (now I guess its ESPN but anyway).

Any news about sega sports back on Nintendo, will the sega - sammy merger affect sega sports and visual concepts?
Wii:  0279 2707 3253 3306

Offline Darc Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 12:22:40 PM »
I doubt that Segasports will be back on Cube. I mean I saw there sales on GC and as much as I like Sega Sports....I don't blame them for dropping Cube support. I mean the last version of NBA 2K on Cube only sold 8,000 copies I believe. It was that bad. Maybe Take Two will change this but I don't think its likely given the ppor sales they experienced when they did support Cube. Nintendo's memory card blunders caused them to miss the sports game boat IMO. Which blows because now i have to buy Sega Sports on my X-box.

Darc Requiem

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
RE: Smart move by Sega Sports
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 07:25:24 AM »
" NFL2K is superior too Madden"

I strongly disagree. I hate SEGA sports.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 09:49:54 AM »
Great for you.  Did it not come with 16:9 525p?

Seems a bit weird to drop the prices that much for a release.  Sounds like sega sports is losing it's reputation as a strong contendor again.

Offline Chode2234

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 10:58:36 AM »
Its rediculous that companies expect us to pay 50.00 for yearly sports games, with what updated roster and maybe an new juke move or something.  I hope this spurs growth and brings the price of video games (especially sports games) down in general.  Although Engle might disagree, this can only be good for us consumers.
Wii:  0279 2707 3253 3306

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 12:55:42 PM »

Great for you. Did it not come with 16:9 525p?

LOL

On a more serious note this year better rock the house for Sega Sports, cuz otherwise it's gonna be a long fall season and seasons to come if it don't sell good enough despite the price tag.  

Oh and one more thing.  NFL2K>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Madden.    

Offline Darc Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 07:04:17 PM »

Originally posted by: thecubedcanuck
" NFL2K is superior too Madden"

I strongly disagree. I hate SEGA sports.

Really why. I can tell you why I depise Madden. Terrible AI. I mean have you seen how the cornerbacks play receivers? Did EA supposedly improve cornerback AI. All EA did was make the chance of getting an Interception higher. I always get a ridiculous number of INTS on Madden. I frequently get  6 or 6 a game. My brother go 14 in one game! Terrible. Defense in Madden is none existant. The game is slow as molasses. In Madden I can see the hole in front of my running back forming but he moves to damned slow to hit the hole. The computer cheats in Madden. Everytime I play game a of Madden I'll be crushing the pathetic AI. Instead of EA designing better AI. They have the CPU QB turn into 4th quarter John Elway at the 2 minute warning or the first and second halves. Those are a few examples of why I hate Madden and why EA blows......don't even get me started on Live.

Darc Requiem

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2004, 07:19:12 PM »
YAY Sega's other sports titles, namely the ESPN Hockey and Basketball games now have prices of $19.99 as well!

Offline Mumei

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 10:51:54 PM »

Originally posted by: manunited4eva22
Great for you.  Did it not come with 16:9 525p?

Seems a bit weird to drop the prices that much for a release.  Sounds like sega sports is losing it's reputation as a strong contendor again.

Sega did lose that reputation, but I think they are getting it back - their profits went up ~97 percent for 2003.  They must be doing something right.

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2004, 02:23:29 AM »
Darc

I plan on giving 2K5 a go, after reading numerous great reviews. Hopefully there are no money plays as they always ruin a game.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline Darc Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2004, 12:10:11 AM »

Originally posted by: thecubedcanuck
Darc

I plan on giving 2K5 a go, after reading numerous great reviews. Hopefully there are no money plays as they always ruin a game.

I have the game and I'm loving it so far. I'm gonna give Madden a go this year was well. I truly hope they've fixed the defense like they claimed. That and the unstoppable CPU two minute offense. It seems they have from what I read. So we will see. That stated, I'm highly impressed with 2K5 and definately worth more thant eh $20 they are charging.

Darc Requiem