Author Topic: Does anyone know if europe is getting the Zelda OOT/URA bonus disk?  (Read 4438 times)

Offline Kamakaze

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I really want that disc, and I would hate to have to try and buy it off ebay, and get a freeloader just for it.

Offline UberFlop

• View Profile
Does anyone know if europe is getting the Zelda OOT/URA bonus disk?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 05:38:36 PM »
Hmm, I don't think so.  Last I heard, Nintendo was actually going to sell the disc separately for those who didn't preorder it in the U.S. and Japan, but I think that's what they're also planning for Europe.  Sorry, no pre-order Zelda bonus disc for Europe.

You could always get a bunch of people to write a petition, but I don't know if that'll work or no (probably not, but it's worth a shot).
I'm good at what I do

Offline yrrab436

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 05:41:15 PM »
Would Nintendo be that cruel?  I suspect there would be an outlash of angry (informed) customers if Nintendo ignored Europe/Australia.  Gaming companies are way to cruel to those regions.

Offline UberFlop

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 05:47:55 PM »
I think just Nintendo is cruel to Europe/Australia, or at least the most cruel.  It takes them almost 6 months after the U.S. release to localize a game for European launch.  Microsoft and Sony do have long wait times for European releases, but not nearly as long as Nintendo.  I think that's one reason why Nintendo isn't doing stronger in those regions.  It's one of the many things Nintendo could improve upon to raise sales in those regions.
I'm good at what I do

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 06:01:06 PM »
Look, if you are unsure if the pre-order thing is coming to Europe, then just pre-order Zelda anyway! If the deal comes, then you still get it, regardless of whether you pre-ordered when they said it was coming or not. You pre-ordered first. And like good retailers, they should hand them out on a first come-first serve basis.
There's no point in asking every retailer on the planet if the deal comes, and go on the PGC forums to ask, then realise that you were too late to get it anyway. SO pre-order it now! And if the deal doensn't come out, you just cancel it! Simple as that!

Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline yrrab436

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2003, 06:36:16 PM »
Also, the Freeloader/Action Replay can break the whole region thing.  If you don't want the Action Replay, just get the chep standalone freeloader.  Another bonus is that Europe and NA saves can share the same card!

It would seem that is an excellent option for non-NA people.

Offline Kamakaze

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2003, 07:31:38 PM »

Originally posted by: Termin8Anakin
Look, if you are unsure if the pre-order thing is coming to Europe, then just pre-order Zelda anyway! If the deal comes, then you still get it, regardless of whether you pre-ordered when they said it was coming or not. You pre-ordered first. And like good retailers, they should hand them out on a first come-first serve basis.
There's no point in asking every retailer on the planet if the deal comes, and go on the PGC forums to ask, then realise that you were too late to get it anyway. SO pre-order it now! And if the deal doensn't come out, you just cancel it! Simple as that!

Yes but that doesnt help me get hold of a copy of the bonus disc if the offer doesnt come!

Im more interested in obtaining the bonus disc than the wind waker, at this point since that will be alot easier to get than the bonus disc will if the offer isnt extended to europe aswell!

Offline Attrox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2003, 07:35:10 PM »
Actually, I do believe the bonus disc IS being released in Europe. At first, it was only to be released to gamers who pre-ordered in Japan, but later in 2002 Nintendo announced that the bonus disc will be released both in America and Europe as well. The Europe one hasn't been confirmed, I don't think, but I am pretty sure I thought I heard something about it coming to Europe a few months back...
Attrox - Webmaster of the Great Deku Tree
http://www.gdtree.com/

Offline LiveGame

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2003, 10:41:39 PM »
I heard that it might be sold seperate in Europe.  I wonder how much it will cost, Amazon.com is selling for $70 alone in the U.S.  Gees, I go it free with a $15 preorder at E.B.

Offline Segnit BGS

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2003, 09:35:37 AM »
Bunch of cobblers! I started reading this thread and all I can say is… the bundle is defiantly coming to Europe. If the *special* bundle doesn’t come, then I’ll sell my Gamecube and try really hard to stay away from games! (I will honor my word). Note: It might (just might) be for everyone (no need to preorder)!
Name: Silent Hill
Favourite Song: Track (Turok 2)
Wish: PD2, GT4, MGS 3, JFG 2, F1 WGP 3 .
Updated Wish: Halo 2, The Twin

Offline JB

• The Grandfather of All Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2003, 01:26:26 PM »
The disc IS coming to Europe. Nintendo's David Gosen confirmed that Nintendo of Europe is working on it in an interview on the C&VG website.  According to the interview Nintendo is going to make an announcement about the disc soon.
AC Name:Jan
Town:Zooropa

Offline JB

• The Grandfather of All Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2003, 07:53:42 AM »
Apparantly the announcement is going to be made by Nintendo of Europe TOMORROW!  
AC Name:Jan
Town:Zooropa

Offline Segnit BGS

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2003, 02:06:04 AM »
Source:www.nintendo-europe.com, the OOT & Masterquest package is coming to Europe! No Pre-orders deemed necessary. This could definitely be the stimulus package Nintendo Europe so desperately needed to level the war with Microsoft.
Name: Silent Hill
Favourite Song: Track (Turok 2)
Wish: PD2, GT4, MGS 3, JFG 2, F1 WGP 3 .
Updated Wish: Halo 2, The Twin