Author Topic: NES homebrew dotcode  (Read 3205 times)

Offline mrbojangos

• foggy goggle
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
NES homebrew dotcode
« on: April 19, 2004, 01:56:41 PM »
I told you this was possible, i asked if someone could crack the code and make their own games, everyone thought i was dumb,  its real yea, if any one has ne new games to post post them here  
wii- 0480067198119868

msg me on aim (mrbojangos2k5)with your FC if u add so i can add yours

Offline wei803

• View Profile
RE:GBA homebrew dotcode
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 04:58:52 PM »
any requirement when print it out? like what type of printer? any printer will do?

Offline mrbojangos

• foggy goggle
    • View Profile
RE: GBA homebrew dotcode
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 11:19:33 AM »
any type should work mine prints it too long and it doesn't work so i dontk now
wii- 0480067198119868

msg me on aim (mrbojangos2k5)with your FC if u add so i can add yours

Offline MysticalMatt517

• View Profile
RE: GBA homebrew dotcode
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 05:50:48 PM »
Here are the instructions:

You need to print the dot code bitmap files using the "Nintendo e-Reader Dot Code Print" application which can be found on this page. Go to the default options of your printer driver and set the DPI to 600 or higher and put some sheets of high quality inkjet paper in your printer. Start the application and select your printer. Verify that the detected "printer resolution" is "600 x 600". Change the "dpi" option to "600" so it matches the "printer resulution". Select the dot code bitmap file (*.bmp) that you want to print. Print the dot code. The dot code will be slightly larger than a real dot code and will positioned at the bottom of the page, ready to be swiped through the e-Reader. Make sure the margin (area between dot code and border of page) matches the margin on a real card. Change the "offset x" and "offset y" value to put the dot code somewhere else on the page. The values are expressed as dots per inch at the current DPI of your printer (at 600 DPI a value of 300 would mean 1/2 inch). If you are getting read errors, then something is wrong (duh!). For best results use 1200 DPI (repeat the entire process except now select 1200 DPI instead of 600 DPI) and photo paper. Always restart the application if you have changed any of the default options of your printer driver.

http://users.skynet.be/firefly/gba/e-reader/index.htm

I'm interested in doing some homebrew game development for the GBA, but I'm having a hard time understanding why I would want to use this instead of buying a flash cartrdige. Granted, the flash cartridges are getting harder to find because idiots use them to steal games, but I think that development would be significantly easier with one.  
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
http://www.MysticalMatthew.com
<><><><><><><><><><><><>