Author Topic: Viewtiful Joe 2  (Read 3047 times)

Offline kovu_br

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Viewtiful Joe 2
« on: March 15, 2004, 08:07:52 AM »
Did you hear that?

According to Game Watch (A Hong Kong gaming magazine) not only will VJ 1 be released for the PS2, but Capcom is already working on VJ 2.

For the first piece of artwork from VJ 2 (Featuring Joe and Silvia vs. a elephant-thing), check the link below:

http://www.outerspace.com.br/news/2004/marco/15a.asp

I couldn't be happier, as VJ is one of my fav. Cube games so far.

Offline MagicToenail

• View Profile
RE: Viewtiful Joe 2
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 08:52:21 AM »
one word. sweet. is this a reliable source?
Currently playing: Mario 64 DS and Resident Evil 4

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Viewtiful Joe 2
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 09:19:01 AM »
VJ has already been confirmed for PS2 though there are rumors that it is only in PAL areas and maybe JPN.  Our Aussies don't have the "Only For" triangle on the front of their game boxes.  I am a bit upset about the "Capcom 5" now being reduced to the "Capcom 2" being only RE4 and most likely PN03 staying.  But RE4 was the only one made exclusive via contract.  

Funny thing is that SCEA (the group that approves/disapproves games for Sony systems) declined to take VJ when they were first showed it bout 7-8 months ago.  I hope that after giving PS2 owners a taste of the game they keep the sequel on Cube and make them buy one to play it.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 09:43:36 AM »
this isn't a surprising move at all, considering it's capcom.  my how they love to churn out sequals.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 10:07:11 AM »
To be honest, I'm not that excited about a sequel in development so soon. Give Capcom a few years and Joe will be like Megaman, a new game every month, each one more generic than the last. Maybe we'll see a VJ Soccer and VJ Tetris Blast Supa Challengez.

If the PS2 gets Viewtiful Joe, it's only fair that Capcom port over Gregory Horror Show to GC. ONLY FAIR, CAPGUN.

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 10:46:04 AM »
VJ Soccer
PikkCuber

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 11:02:57 AM »
I am a big fan of Viewtiful Joe.  Hopefully the sequel will make it this genration,  and not get pushed back for the next systems.  It really doesnt bother me that Viewtiful Joe is being ported to PS2, look how long its been out on Cube.  The PS2 port wont effect sales of the GCN version.  Hopefully the sequel will be exclusive to GCN for at least a few months.  
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline kovu_br

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 11:20:55 AM »

one word. sweet. is this a reliable source?

The site is, but I don't know about the magazine from which they got the info.

In fact, the article's title in Outerspace is "Viewtiful Joe 2 a caminho? VJ confirmado pro PS2?", which translates to "Viewtiful Joe 2 on the way? VJ confirmed to the PS2?", they're basicaly reporting what Game Watch published, not confirming it's content.

But the picture looks pretty "official" to me.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 03:03:58 PM »
Aha I love it!  How much will Viewtiful Joe sell on the PS2?  About as much as DragonBall Z Budokai sold on the GC when its sequel was released on the PS2.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 04:37:56 PM »
Actually, DragonBall Z has been selling pretty well on Cube.  Not as well as it did on PS2, but not bad for a port over 8 months late.
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2004, 05:39:36 PM »
That's because it's Dragonball. Everybody knows Dragonball.
I'd assume people in PS2-only land wouldn't know much of Viewtiful Joe.  

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 06:21:27 PM »
As i understand the new VJ, would not be made by the same team. That worries me a tad. Devil May Cry 2, was not made by the same team as DM1, and was a big flop... I hope it doesnt happen again

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 10:16:51 PM »
Viewtiful Joe 2 won't be made by Team Veiwtiful!?
Om mani padme hum.

Offline Takumi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2004, 02:09:42 AM »
According to the-magicbox.com, it's still uncofirmed.  The rumor is that Capcom is planning to release VJ2 in December for Japan.  It's also supposed to have a co-op feature for 2 players.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2004, 02:15:02 AM »
Dragons Balls I say.

I don't wish for another VJ yet. I am not one for sequals on the same system. Even back on teh N64 LoZMM was a bit too close to a sequal. but I brought it anyway. While VJ2 maybe "Nice", I rather let VJ mellow out a bit.

Well if the new team has atleast an equal amount of tatlent it might be alright. they may bring in new things Team Viewitful might not have thought of. But with that comes the risk of changing the flavour of the game.

With less talent you would end up with lackluster level design and if they start messing with the engine they are going to really change teh flavour. Mess up any bult in balances to the game.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2004, 05:24:46 AM »
That picture... I'm not sure, but wasn't there something like that in the VJ outro, about the future of Joe and Silvia? I don't remember that anymore, but it seems possible. Either way, coop-VJ would OWN!