Author Topic: Game Cube ???  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Kojack

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Game Cube ???
« on: January 10, 2004, 07:43:52 AM »
Well wouldn't you know it. Soon as cube went out of warranty started getting
disc errors. Tried the 11 step fix on this site and it actually worked for 2 weeks
then I guess the epoxy gave out and spindle got whoppsidded again. I tried re-
gluing but I guess I must of glued it crooked. Anyways since I have so much invested
in games I'll have to break down and buy a new system. Does anyone know if they
have improved the spindles or is that just a way they keep you coming back and buyin
more. Also I heard that the different colors meant something as far as internal works
of system. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this.
Thanks

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
RE: Game Cube ???
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 07:52:52 AM »
Well, I would've suggested to call Nintendo up anyway even though it was past warranty, but it seems a bit too late for that.  As far as your questions, as far as I know there wasn't a universal problem with the system and so the production is probably the same (your case is the exception, not the rule, believe me).  And the colors of the GCN mean absolutely nothing with the system.  Period.  At all.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 08:49:14 AM »
I think what he's referring to with the colors are the development GCs that run different types of discs from games in progress.  They're different colors from retail versions, and cost a whole lot more money..
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 09:07:25 PM »
For the collectors: There's a pic of a green devcube here

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 09:39:50 PM »
Oooh, that green Cube is sexy.

Offline VoodooMerlin

• View Profile
RE:Game Cube ???
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2004, 02:05:39 PM »
I've never known of a recurring problem with Cubes either. They're built like tanks. The only problems that we ever had with Cubes was with people not pressing the center hub upon disc removal. Grabbing the disc and just pulling it out will cause problems with the hub.

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2004, 02:57:15 PM »
I haven't had any problems with my cube... of course, since I've had serious problems lately with my computer then my car, now my cube will be the next to go

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2004, 10:27:07 PM »
I haven't had any problems either, its likely just bad luck for you.

As for the spindle problems, I haven't heard of anything serious. A couple of bad eggs in the bunch, not something to "keep you coming back and buyin more."

VoodooMerlin: Funnily enough, it says "Push Here" right in the middle of the disc, but some idiots can always find a way to defy logic.

Offline jaz013

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2004, 06:27:33 AM »
The only thing that make doubt it's how the damn disk tray sinks (not much) every time you push that little button.
“Stultorum infinitus est numerus” (El número de tontos es infinito. The number of fools is infinitum)-Eclesiastés, I, 15.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2004, 11:18:18 PM »
We all rember the fuss made about hairline fractures, you know, those tiny lines that would appear in the plastic, well mine have recently gotten out of control. They are now very noticabe and the area aroudn them appears to be discoloured.
And my eject button gets stuck down sometimes. I dont like that.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Boffo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2004, 12:07:38 AM »
Push the thing that holds the lens towards the centre of the cube. They drift away slightly over time from being moved and banged around.  

Offline VoodooMerlin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2004, 03:37:29 AM »
RABicle......time to do some normal, simple maintenance to your Cube. Here's what you do.

Get a few q-tips and a bottle of isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Whenever you have a "sticky button" problem, be it the console or controller, it's often caused by sweat in the case of a controller or grime in the case of the console shell. Either way the solution is the same.

For your eject and reset buttons: DON'T take the console apart. It voids warranties and there's no need to do it. Dip a q-tip in rubbing alcohol and swab the recess around the button with it. Let it sit a few seconds. Press the button a few times. Repeat. Still sticking? Take the blade of a thin knife and oh-so-GENTLY pry the button EQUALLY around it's outside. Repeat with the alcohol. After a few tries, depending on severity of gungy buildup, it should work.

New Cube owner? The correct way to remove a disc is to grab the outer edge with your thumb and third finger and, pressing the center hub with your index finger, lift the disc away. Small hands? Use the index finger of your other hand to press the hub.

Sounds dumb to mention it, I know, but like Shifty said....when the Cube was first launched I got more calls concerning that than anything.

"Thankyou for calling Nintendo. Have a great day!" (lol)

Offline jaz013

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2004, 08:29:02 AM »

Originally posted by: VoodooMerlin
New Cube owner? The correct way to remove a disc is to grab the outer edge with your thumb and third finger and, pressing the center hub with your index finger, lift the disc away. Small hands? Use the index finger of your other hand to press the hub.

Sounds dumb to mention it, I know, but like Shifty said....when the Cube was first launched I got more calls concerning that than anything.

"Thankyou for calling Nintendo. Have a great day!" (lol)

Ummm, I do this: when I put a game in, I just put in the center hub and then press the disc around the center until it fits. For removing, I just press the center button and then lift the disc, is this incorrect?, becasue it's my second cube. The fist one begin giving the "Can't read disk' error (the one that appears during gameplay).
“Stultorum infinitus est numerus” (El número de tontos es infinito. The number of fools is infinitum)-Eclesiastés, I, 15.

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2004, 09:33:10 AM »
It might be putting too much pressure on it. Try the method suggested. I have had no problems with my cube except for 2 freezes, and mine had a chip out of the plastic from when I dropped it!