Author Topic: Gamecube errors :(  (Read 1973 times)

Offline kamikaze_worm

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Gamecube errors :(
« on: December 30, 2003, 07:07:59 AM »
I am lately getting this msg alot wonder if any1 can elp me?

"An error has occured. Turn of the power and consult the NINTENDO GAMECUBE Manual"

Please help what could be causing this problem
I am Currently playing:
Mario Kart: Double Dash
FIFA football 2004
Worms 3D
Eternal darkness

Offline mikeytsi

• View Profile
RE: Gamecube errors :(
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 08:29:33 AM »
Your hardware has gone bad.  From my own testing, it appears to be an overheating issue, most likely related to bad capacitors or somthing along those lines.  I'm pretty sure Nintendo knows about it, but they won't confirm anything.  

Anyway, call the support center, and play dumb.  Let them go though troubleshooting, and then they'll tell you to send it in for repair.  In most cases, they'll extend your warranty for you so it's covered, but that probably depends on how old yours is.  (Mine was about 2 months out of warranty when it died, and they extended my warranty out so I wouldn't have to pay out-of-pocket).

It's also handy if you live within 20 miles of the US headquarters, so you can just drive over there and have them fix it (or replace it, as they did in my case), while you wait,.....

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
RE:Gamecube errors :(
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 11:19:07 AM »
Yeah, I'm experiencing this problem, too, and started just a couple weeks ago.  I got my GCN Nov.18 , 2001 so my warranty is definitely up.  Any chance they'd extend my warranty?
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline SearanoX

• Supreme Hooligan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 11:22:32 AM »
I had this problem awhile ago, but after a few days it just...stopped.  Guess I was lucky.  You should probably make sure that your lens is okay (it isn't cracked or anything).  If it's an internal problem, there's not much you can do except get it repared.  Like mikeytsi said, you should see if you can get your warranty extended, though if it's an old system, there won't be much luck with that.

Offline kamikaze_worm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 11:39:24 AM »
thank u 4 all yr responces i live in london and gotta send it 2 southampton is there any1 that had this problem in the UK and tell me how long it took 2 get back to you

Im missing my cube allready as i just got 5 new games 4 xmas
I am Currently playing:
Mario Kart: Double Dash
FIFA football 2004
Worms 3D
Eternal darkness

Offline Boffo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 12:54:22 AM »
Try to push the thing that holds the lens towards the centre of the cube. They drift away slightly over time from being moved and banged around.

Offline VoodooMerlin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 02:51:58 AM »
You also have to remember....these machines don't last forever, especially if all you do is game in your spare time.

I'm on my 3rd PS2, heading onto my 3rd XboX, 2nd GBA, and 2nd Cube.......in just two years. It's not as bad as it sounds......I worked in the industry up until last year and played 70+ hours per week. My new systems will last much longer.

Incidentally, I've found the Cube (actually any Nintendo hardware) to be the toughest and most durable.