Author Topic: Controller Port 1 doesn't work  (Read 1511 times)

Offline PenTaGon

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Controller Port 1 doesn't work
« on: December 22, 2003, 08:09:50 AM »
Just bought a used gamecube from ebay, Didn't read the part about controller port 1 not working .  The port doesn't appear to be damaged from the outside, I figure it might be slightly bent or something came loose..maybe dust is a problem..not sure.  Anyways, I have quite a few tools at my house and a basic knowledge on electronics.  If anyone could offer some suggestions on what the problem might be and how I might go about fixing it I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks alot!
Curv Networks, Inc.
www.curv.net

Offline Boffo

• View Profile
RE:Controller Port 1 doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 03:33:49 AM »
Try to see if you can switch it with port 4?   Keep switching parts until it works, and read the fine print of the auction next time.  

Offline SearanoX

• Supreme Hooligan
    • View Profile
RE: Controller Port 1 doesn't work
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 04:34:02 AM »
Yep, eBay sure is a monster when it comes to that type of thing.  Always read the fine print (and even then, sometimes it doesn't say anything about the problems).  

I'd try opening it up if possible using the proper tools (the right types of screwdrivers are hard to find sometimes).  However, this would substantially weaken the system, considering it'll have lost it's facory seal.  Make sure that everything is connected properly, and if possible, try to switch Port 1 with Port 4, and see if that helps.

Offline gcskate27

• View Profile
RE: Controller Port 1 doesn't work
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 09:42:12 PM »
make sure the ground points are touching the controller plug and then check that the solder points are fine...