Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Discussion  (Read 181102 times)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2004, 07:43:04 AM »
Yes, Resident Evil 0 is a prequel to Resident Evil 1.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2004, 10:08:28 AM »
In order, the first few games of the series plays out like this:

-Resident Evil Zero
-Resident Evil
-Resident Evil 3 (1st Half)
-Resident Evil 2
-Resident Evil 3 (2nd Half)
-Resident Evil 4

It's debatable if Code Veronica is part of the actuall series... but usually I count it in seeing that it has so much vital information for you to know.
People say Capcom just named it that to save the number '4' for their future Resident Evil game, because in Japan, 4 isan unlucky number.... so I'm guessing that a character of high importance (A non-evil character) is going to die.

Offline savanna03

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2004, 10:13:07 AM »
the more i read about RESIDENT EVIL 4, the more im more excited about this game.  it looks like RE4 is now my anticipated game for 2004...

dang you NINTENDO, im going broke for 2004 thanks to:  METAL GEAR SOLID:  THE TWIN SNAKES, SPLINTER CELL:  PANDORA'S TOMORROW, RESIDENT EVIL 4, METROID PRIME 2, WIND WAKER 2, TALES OF SYMPHONIA and BATEN KAITOS.
even in the message board, ppl seem 2 be intimidated by me.  it feels like im da slim shady him self 'cuz they had 2 use a microscope everytime i post...  blah they got nothing on me other than attacking my paragraphs...

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2004, 10:14:45 AM »

the game is based on goals and time.

I certainly hope not. In RE i like to take my time, walk slowly, explore every inch of every room and just take in the atmosphere. Timed RE? No thanks.

it looks like RE4 is now my anticipated game for 2004...

Mine too.. except replace 2004 with ever

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2004, 10:38:25 AM »
Is anyone else getting the impression RE4 will go up against Halo 2?  I'm telling you, this game will sell 1 million units in 2 weeks[US].  You heard it here first.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
RE: Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2004, 12:29:36 PM »
Do you really think it will? I'm kinda worried about this game's sales. I for sure will be buying it, but I just hope every other Gamecube owner will do the same.  
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2004, 02:58:25 PM »
You know.. i'm not sure RE4 will be an instant success, sure the game may be incredibly awesome, but it's still Resident Evil 4, "the fourth game in the Resident Evil series". It might come out and people will think "oh, look. another resident evil game. heh". Time will tell though, and we will have to wait and see how it's marketed etc, before we can make even slightly accurate predictions on how it will sell.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2004, 03:01:55 PM »
I just feel the buzz for RE4.  And from all console owners too, not just GC.  Lets hope they dont pull a 'also for PS2' trick.  That would absolutely kill sales.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2004, 06:30:16 PM »
Resident Evil 4 wont be timed, that's for sure.
With the amount of detail Capcom are putting into this game, I don't think that they'll just want you to run past it all and not admire the scenery.

And the sales for this game?
I think that they are going to skyrocket.

This is like no other Resident Evil game.
Capcom have been working on this for years, and it is easily probablly one of the biggest (If not, the BIGGEST) Resident Evil game in the saga.

Offline Metroid masked

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2004, 06:46:13 PM »
i hope that RE4 dosent get released on ps2 like killer 7 will be. that would suck.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2004, 07:01:47 PM »
No, i highly doubt RE4 will ever come out on PS2, Capcom continually say "no" to questions about that (while they just didn't comment on Killer 7 at all), plus i'm not sure the PS2 could handle RE4 graphically (tee hee). Nintendo won't be letting this one slip by, plus don't Capcom and Nintendo have a contract that says RE4 must be exclusive to GCN or something? Killer 7 going to PS2 is insignificant, get over it.

RE4 will not get released on PS2.

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2004, 08:50:23 PM »

RE4 will not get released on PS2.

That is 100% correct.
There is no chance in Hell that RE4 is going to convert to PS2... and like you said, the PS2 graphics won't be able to hold it up... and this far into development, Capcom arn't going to go back and lower the graphics so that the PS2 can be capable of supporting it.

Besides, Capcom do have that contract with Nintendo of exclusivity of the Resident Evil series.
But I know someone is going to say "Then why is RE2 and RE3 ported over from the Sony?"
We are actually lucky to have them 2 games onto the GCN. Nintendo probablly wern't going to put it on at all onto the GCN... and that would mean that I'd never of become a Resident Evil Fan!!!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2004, 12:45:13 AM »

Originally posted by: Mario
You know.. i'm not sure RE4 will be an instant success, sure the game may be incredibly awesome, but it's still Resident Evil 4, "the fourth game in the Resident Evil series". It might come out and people will think "oh, look. another resident evil game. heh".

Just like people go, "Oh look, another Final Fantasy game..."?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2004, 12:54:10 AM »
The difference is if every FFX owner bought FFXI, and every RE0 owner bought RE4, FFXI would sell five times as much as RE4. Does FFXI appeal to gamers who have never played an FF game before? Not really, just by the name i am immediately not interested in it. Like RE4, it's going to be hard to convince people to buy it if their mindset is that RE is crap.

Bleh, it's just different okay, don't compare RE with FF.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2004, 01:10:40 AM »
Then use a different argument then, because it sounded to me that you were implying people won't buy RE4 because it's the 4th in the series, yet people still buy FF, Madden, and Tony Hawk games...You might as well argue that people are stupid, because that just may be the case...

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2004, 01:20:59 AM »
If RE4 sells exactly the same as RE0, it will be a bomb. If FFXI sells exactly the same as FFX, it will be a huge success. I'm saying people who don't usually buy RE games might not buy RE4, RE4 has to appeal to more than just the RE fanbase to be a huge mainstream hit, FF has a loyal fanbase of millions that will buy every FF game regardless. Bleh, i'm going to sleep.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #141 on: February 09, 2004, 01:28:30 AM »
Therefore, things must be compensated by distributing metric buttloads of ass-kicking DVD-quality trailer footage long before the game is released via demo disc, internet, tv, DVD preview, theater, etc.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Nimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 09, 2004, 04:06:14 AM »
I beleive this title could sell well only because of all the hypes going on.  Look, for most of us this game is already sold.  And even if it get below average rating I will buy it just for the sake of continuity.
And I really hope they will launch the game in the US at the same time as in Japan.  I fear that import will kill the US sale a bit.
(load your gun)
As much as I love the RE series, I would like it to end soon...  Maybe after the RE 5.  You see, I don't want it to become like Final Fantasy (that series left a bad taste in my mouth).  While I was a FF freak in the snes era, I can't care less about CC.    Or if it does not end soon, it must at least take another direction and in this case, there are chances (50/50) that Capcom fall flat on their face (ala DMC II).  
For comparison sake: I'm really happy that Resurection is the last Alien.  Even if it is better on the techno side, this movie don't really stand well compared to the previous one.  See my point?  Better techno != better games.
They should use RE 4 to prepare us for RE 5.  Use it to tie half of the loose ends and finish a lot of character's story by either make them die, retire or settle for good with Umbrella.  Then in the RE 5, just tie all the remaining loose ends in a 5 cd saga (5 characters), give us a really good ending with lots of extra (like a multimedia series encyclopedia) and finish it for good.  ( I beleive that RE5 would be an awesome launch game for the N5 :-) ).

After... well, they can always start from scratch a new story with others characters, go online or hell, even remake BIO 2 and 3.  
Anyone think that the series must come to an end before fading away?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 09, 2004, 07:31:56 AM »

Originally posted by: Mario
If some of the enemies are ghosts/spirits, then how would you kill them? Would gun bullets hurt them or go right through them?
vacuum cleaner.  duh.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 09, 2004, 07:33:58 AM »
Hahaha!  That would be awesome... Luigi's Mansion: RE-style

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 09, 2004, 09:27:24 AM »
The last Aliens?  I guess you have not seen Alien VS. Predator previews that is due out this summer???

looks as if it has much potential ...

Offline Nimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 09, 2004, 10:00:26 AM »

Originally posted by: StRaNgE
The last Aliens?  I guess you have not seen Alien VS. Predator previews that is due out this summer???

looks as if it has much potential ...

No I haven't.  Do Ripley's in this one?  I heard so many times that she refused to take the role back.  Alien VS Predator...  Hummm....  Maybe.  Then it's like what I was saying: take another road.  RE should do the same.  End it with Umbrella and get something fresh like that.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 09, 2004, 10:09:34 AM »
Ugh, I was interested in the the AvP movie until I saw that Paul Anderson is directing...Why him!?  

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 09, 2004, 10:19:21 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill
Ugh, I was interesting the the AvP movie until I saw that Paul Anderson is directing...Why him!?

I don't really want to change the subject of this subject... but I have to agree with you on that... *Glares at Paul Anderson*.

Anyway,
I dont believe that the Resident Evil series is going to finish straight away.

At the end of Resident Evil: Outbreak, we see an organization (Umbrella? HCF? Government?) create some sort of observation tower in the ruins of Raccoon City.
I can't remember what they exactly say, but all that popped into my mind when I saw it was 'Noah's Ark' because they say something about brining in another two test subjects.

I'm guessing another Breeding Ground or something that could lead to a whole new Resident Evil saga.

Offline Nimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 09, 2004, 10:30:21 AM »
Ok,that's what I had in mind...  Something new like HFC.  It would even allow to put more emphasis on Wesker.  I'm tired a little bit about Umbrella.  All of their luxury mansion, research lab, train etc...  always explode.  They might be on the very edge of bankrupcy.  And HFC can bring a lot of new characters and great plot twist.
Now their lead researcher's gone, Wesker gone, no more Raccoon city, No more Antartic research base, no more Alexia...   Is there sill an Umbrella?  By the way, where is the action situated in RE4?