Author Topic: Too Human Hype Thread!!!!!!!  (Read 10143 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Too Human Hype Thread!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2003, 09:33:23 AM »
Remember IllBleed...i thouht eternal darkness and illbleed wre gonnabe alot alike...i was very dissopointed in how illbleed turned out, the concept was there, but only Etenral Darkness did it right.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2003, 09:33:53 AM »
I wouldn't presume to speak for Denis, but from what I understand of Silicon Knights and the way they approach projects, they will start with an idea or story and nurture it until they find the right way to deliver the story.  Just because a game was almost done and then moved to another platform doesn't mean that we'll never see the game.  They just want to make sure they get it right, and that means getting it on the right platform as well as all the other details.

I'm sure Too Human is coming.  It might even be their next project.  But I wouldn't be surprised to see something else pop up out of nowhere either.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline "Sky"

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2003, 10:13:52 AM »
Too Human most likely will come out, it was still in development but was put on hold in order to get Eternal Darkness out.

I do think it's a bit too early to hype considering the game hasn't even been shown on the GCN yet . Wait for E3

But like Rick said... there's a possibility that something else may appear out of nowhere.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2003, 01:17:01 PM »
i remember one of my friends thought Too Human was gonna be kiddy cus he  saw the chubby guy in green in the wheel chair.  I was like fuck are you nuts! You need a bigger vocabulary....this game will be violent. Perhaps giving even charles manson a stomach ache(im exagerating...but someone calling too human kiddy is quite a hillarious rediculous thought and very far fetched).  

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2003, 05:10:30 AM »
I've only seen five images of Too Human:
-The one of the big Zeus-like statue
-The one with the baby in the green liquid (Matrix style)
-The one with the space stastion
-The fat guy
-The main character

No movies, no other images, no other info other than that you can upgrade yourself. Looks cool, but I'll wait till E3. And if Eternal Darkness is anything to go by, this game could be biiiiig.

There are only two projects for Gamecube that have been around for more than 4 years now. And they are Silicon Knight's Too Human, and Factor 5's Thornado. Hopefully, something shows at E3 about these games. I mean, I know Thornado may be canned, but isn't it obvious that something's going on cause the old Thornado teaser is still on the Factor 5 website, and they can't do Star Wars forever.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline dilbert627

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2003, 06:00:06 AM »
There are a couple of movies of the PSX version on .IGN , but we REALLY need some NEW info on this game

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2003, 07:37:55 AM »

Originally posted by: Termin8Anakin
I've only seen five images of Too Human:
-The one of the big Zeus-like statue
-The one with the baby in the green liquid (Matrix style)
-The one with the space stastion
-The fat guy
-The main character

Those are FMV shots from the PSX version.

Also, Thornado has been canned but Factor 5 kept the engine they were using for it.

Offline highenergyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2003, 08:32:25 AM »
Eternal Darkness was using a "subset of the Too Human engine" as quoted by Dyack in one of the ED videos from E3. Anyone besides me still have some of those videos??? One of them was a demonstration of realtime shadows which obviously didn't make it into the final game. One notable scene showed Pious walking past a long deep corridor with his shadow stretching realistically all the way across, but when you encountered the same corridor in the game your shadow didn't behave like the one in the demo. This is an example of how advanced the Too Human engine must really be.    

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2003, 10:14:50 AM »
I have most of the movies, but I wasn't able to find the last few on IGN.  A pity really, but 12 is still better than nothing.  To be honest though, I don't remember that scene.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Game_Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2003, 10:16:05 PM »
http://cube.ign.com/articles/135/135333p1.html

IGN have an excellent preview of Too Human, anyone interested in it should check it out.

One would think Too Human is just a shooter of some sort, but it's being engineered as part of the action/RPG genre. The role-playing aspects seem to be the most interesting. You don't spend hours conversing with non-player characters (NPCs) like most RPGs. That aspect is certainly there, but it's not the focus. Instead the progression of your character's skills is where you'll role-play the most. Naturally there will be plenty of weapons, but the cybernetic upgrades will play a very integral part to the experience. For instance, if you get an optical implant you will improve your ability to target enemies more accurately. No doubt Silicon Knights is coming up with some very creative upgrades. This all effects how the game unfolds, too. It is said to be non-linear, and what you do has an impact on where you go next. Perhaps if you upgrade intelligence more than strength you'll be better at breaking into buildings with stealth. This is as opposed to loudly gunning your way through the front lobby. All the choices you make will effect your game path. If Silicon Knights can deliver on this promise, the replay value will be astounding.

OMFG, WOW!!! This game will be the BEST GAME EVER! Click on that link and check it out, AWESOME!

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2003, 10:44:54 PM »
Well what has been said of the game so far for the ill-fated PSX version has been promising. I can't wait to hear what they have tweeked in their road to bring it to the Gamecube. The Graphics engine shouldn't be a programing problem since they have the Eternal Darkness engine to use. They'll twease and tweek it so in sence the ED engine would be a sub-set of the Too Human engine. Out side of that I want the basic theme and plot reitterated. (about three months and two weeks.....)
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2003, 05:18:35 PM »
if you go to the psx.ign preview they went gagga over it

Offline JP

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2003, 06:32:58 PM »
www.n-sider.com

They have a great article up about TH. I suggest any interested parties should definatly check it out.

btw, sux that they just closed the other topic b/c this one was older & supposedly had more posts....it hadn't even been posted in since a day or so & 5 days before that. duh!
JP

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2003, 08:10:42 PM »
The n-sider article mentions something about  over one hour of gameplay being promised, but I won't post the exact sentence.

That is not reassuring. I hope that was a typo. I don't want another MGS2, FFX or Xenosaga.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Hybrid Hunter

• First title that's onrine
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2003, 09:35:19 PM »
I thought it was supposed to be like 80+ hours of gameplay or something...
Well, E3 is like what...2 months away....thats sooooo loooong awaay!!!

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2003, 01:29:33 PM »
First off, that "one hour" thing has to be a mistake- no one says "*over* one hour of gameplay"- I'm guessing they meant more.

Anyway, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, because I've been a big fan of N-Sider for a long time, but it sounds like they pulled most of their info out of their ass. There's VERY little information on this game and yet they mention gameplay details like it's common knowledge. Unless they ahvea  "source" in Silicon Knights, I'm guessing they mode most of that stuff up. Again, I don't want to sound disrespectful, but a lot of what they said sounded like pure crap.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline BlackGriffen

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2003, 03:07:37 PM »
The info looks genuine to me, but it looks like they went around and pulled Dyack quotes and info from a bunch of older articles and combined that with some intelligent speculation. The more than one hour quotes are what really give it away, because they didn't want to make a false claim.

BlackGriffen