Author Topic: Fire Emblem  (Read 8619 times)

Offline Mingesium

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem
« on: February 01, 2003, 11:28:58 AM »
New GBA Fire Emblem game

Nintendo announce another Fire Emblem game and NOA still hasn't translated the first game. I think that NOA is dropping the ball because it looks like there might be a GameCube version coming. With the success of Advance Wars, it wouldn't hurt to at least to release the first gba game. If the game becomes popular in the states then the GameCube version will have a following.  

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 03:26:45 PM »
I deleted what was here.  I didn't post it.  So I don't know where the hell it came from.  
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
Fire Emblem
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2003, 03:58:44 PM »
They were going to port the first one. But for some reason trashed the project. So they might do it for this one. Considering their is a new president and they brought over Zelda preorder thing.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2003, 10:16:54 AM »
Well let's get on the ball guys.  Nintendo brought over the pre-order deal because a whole whack of fans decided to email Nintendo about it.  I am going to go email Nintendo about that right now.  I am still pretty choked that they cancelled the first GBA Fire Emblem game.  I at least want the second one for GBA.

There's always hope.  After all, we did get Advance Wars, and it sold quite well.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2003, 10:27:29 AM »
I think that Fire Emblem VI would do quite well if they brought it out here. Think about it, Roy gained quite a cult following in Super Smash Bros. Melee (although I personally prefer playing as Marth) and those people will eat up Fire Emblem on the spot just cause Roy is in it. I really do wish that Fire Emblem would be brought to North America, I also e-mailed Nintendo about it a few months ago and the response was of course (and unfortunately) that they currently have no plans to bring it over...

Offline Cerberus

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2003, 11:18:23 AM »
I love Marth and Roy in SSBM. Now I've never played any Fire Emblem games, so this will let me see what they are like.

*guessing Fire Emblem games are awesome*
You can pick you friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2003, 12:33:19 PM »
Fire Emblem is likely never ever going to be released in North America so it therefore falls into my "who cares" category because it doesn't affect me in any way.  For those wondering what that sentence means it means that if they annouce a Fire Emblem for Gamecube my response will be "who cares".

It's irritating that they never plan on releasing it here though.  FFT and Ogre Battle is brough over here so why the f*ck don't we get the series that created the whole genre?  Surely it won't sell any worse than Ogre Battle which must at least make enough to be profitable considering it's still released over here.  Nintendo took a risk with Advance Wars and Pokemon and it paid off big time.  Why are they so unwilling to take a risk here with a game with considerably more mainstream appeal than those two "odd" titles?

Guys with swords in a fantasy setting?  My God it's too wacky and Japanese to release in North America!  Now excuse me while I watch Lord of The Rings again.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2003, 02:54:17 PM »
I emailed Nintendo about it, and I got something more than a generic cut and paste response.  The guy cheered me up quite a bit actually.

Hello,

To be honest with you, I'm not sure why U.S. fans weren't treated to the last
Fire Emblem game, but with a new Fire Emblem game on the horizon in Japan,
hopefully we will get good news.  In any case, when new games are announced for
the U.S., they'll be featured on our web site and in Nintendo Power magazine, so
stay tuned for all the latest Nintendo news!

P.S.  Advance Wars 2 is estimated for a June 23rd release, so at least we have
that to look forward to........

Nintendo of America Inc.
Stephen Scott

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2003, 04:26:49 PM »
Nintendo put up a poll on their website.

What Japanese game would you most like to see available in the U.S.?

Nintendo Puzzle Collection
GIFTPIA
Fire Emblem
Legend of Stafi

Fire Emblem is winning, but why is Nintendo doing a poll. Just release all four games in the states. I hope that I won't miss out on Giftpia just because Fire Emblem wins.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2003, 04:56:50 PM »
Yeah, I am voting for Fire Emblem too, but I also would like GiftPIA.

Offline JSR

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2003, 08:04:38 PM »
I voted for Fire Emblem (like I said in another topic). I want them all though!
It's Random and It's Nintendo - Random Nintendo

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2003, 08:28:03 PM »
I find the timing of this poll interesting. After Grey Ninja posted Nintendo's response about Fire Emblem, they post a poll on their website. I bet with the announcement of the new Fire Emblem GBA game, many gamers like Grey Ninja emailed Nintendo about it. It wasn't a Zelda Bonus disk response, but it was a big enough response to put a poll on the website. I believe that the poll is basically asking Do you want Fire Emblem? The other games are probable coming to the US.

Offline arsonwinter

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2003, 11:23:59 AM »
(Hello, I'm new here.)

I agree. The Puzzle Collection is a shoe-in, and Starfi is a good point to try to make it a new franchise. Fire Emblem needs a strong introduction, so I think it's about time.

By the way, where's Kururin Paradise? I'm still looking forward to it.  
Now Playing: Animal Crossing (since September), Metroid Prime (since December), Pinball of the Dead and Game and Watch Gallery 4 (since Christmas)

Offline UNCrules286

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2003, 11:29:22 AM »
Roy was arguably the best charectar in SSBm. and many people would pay $50 for the import if they translated it

Offline UNCrules286

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2003, 11:31:20 AM »
I voted nintedno puzzle collection. BTW-What is the Nintendo e-mail address

Offline xanrastafari

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2003, 10:54:46 AM »
Damnit nintendo!!!!!  This game won't come here and I'm depressed.  AND I WANT FIRE EMBLEM 3-5!!!!!!!!!

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2003, 01:54:30 PM »
I've been been saying for a while that Nintendo needs to release a Fire Emblem compilation disc as a bonus for another high-profile game that will be a guaranteed seller (Pikmin II, Zelda, what have you).  That way, you've just created an established userbase for Fire Emblem without worrying about having to sell the game.

The only problem is, this entails quite a bit of translation.  I doubt NOA's up to it.

Another thought occured to me; what about Animal Crossing 2?  I mean, actually within the game.  It's not that far-fetched.

-- ShockingAlberto  
Press X to run.

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2003, 06:51:03 AM »
That's wishful thinking. I don't think even Sony or MS would dare to release Fire Emblem 4 in the US. FE4 has the theme of love... forbiden love that is. Sister falling in love with her brother, or cousins marrying each other, and half brother and sister marriage. The story is huge so I can't explain everything to you but with stuff like that in the game, I doubt it'll be released. Parents would definitely find it wrong. This is something the the game industry has never dealt with so it's very risky to release FE4 anywhere outside of Japan. We can always hope for the others though.

Offline xanrastafari

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2003, 03:59:28 AM »
I'll be happy enough with fan translations.  But unfortunately, obscure crappy NES games seem to be more important.

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2003, 04:05:28 PM »
Eh.  Maybe they'll forego FE4.  I'd still like to play it, though.  That sounds quite uncharacteristic of Nintendo.  Maybe the things I've heard about Fire Emblem being a darker RPG series are true.

-- ShockingAlberto
Press X to run.

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2003, 03:02:04 AM »
"Off topic question"
I dont feel like opening a new topic but I have a question.
I've gotta know if FF tactis has teh same battlesystem as Knights Of Lodis?
And when is FF tactics coming out in USA/Europe?

Thanks. El Pollo Diablos
Nintendo is going to treat us good:F-Zero and Star Fox Armada, new Pikmin, 1080, Kirby, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and 2 or 3 new franchises ( maybe mature).
Planning on buying an Xbox! Now all I nead is a good gamertag for Live!

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2003, 06:45:47 AM »
Unfortunately no it doesn't. Well not really. FFTA's battle system plays and looks the same except for one problem... COUNTERATTACKS! There are no counterattacks. Whenever you attack someone in TO, they also counter attack, this gives it a feeling of risk. No matter who's turn it is, both of them will get hurt. Plus if you miss, the enemy can counter attack making you loose. FFTA took that ability away. This makes fights less exciting since you're not gonna get hurt if you attack and even if you miss you won't get any punishment back. Well I've only played 3 battles, maybe you can counter atttack late in the game, but I doubt it. This method of counter attacking is in all the Fire Emblems by the way. This speeds up battles, gives the game an extra feeling of risk(since if you're characters die in FE, they die and never come back) so you have to strategize very carefully.

Oh yeah if you guys want some Fire Emblem goodness I have 2 pictures for you to see. It contain a lot of characters from just a single Fire Emblem.

http://fireemblem.homestead.com/files/FE.jpg

http://fireemblem.homestead.com/files/Fe4.jpg

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2003, 01:14:32 PM »
From what I've read, FFTA does indeed have counterattacks, but later in the game.  The first few battles ease you in, and then it gets harder.

-- ShockingAlberto
Press X to run.

Offline Sean

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2003, 08:26:17 PM »
In response to GN's Nintendo Letter response:

Grey Ninja, you are now responsible for the beginnings of a shockwave that will crush through the international gaming community.  You've started something that will obviously end with Nintendo winning everything there is to win.  Even the rights to Velcro.  Not to mention the often misunderstood pork rind.

Anyway, that's indeed a very hopeful letter, and anything that leads to the creation of a Nintendo/Pork Rind conglomerate is tops in my book.*

*Said book is actually this metaphorical aspect of my mind.  It's mentally shaped like a book, and I put all sorts of things up there in that book like my favorite Nintendo game or the number of "clean dumps" I've taken in any given week.  But the book isn't really there, you know?**

**I'm very sorry about my crude comments, but you can only keep this stuff in for so long.
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
Fire Emblem
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2003, 05:08:39 PM »
Fire Emblem Website

The game looks good. NOA better announce something about Fire Emblem at E3.