Author Topic: SSX 3  (Read 3188 times)

Offline AdvancedGamer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
SSX 3
« on: November 04, 2003, 06:31:51 AM »
I've heard alot of talk about this game (it's rated number 1 all time for ps2 on gamerankings.com) so I'm wondering if any of you have it and if its good or not. This game looks really cool considering that you have a whole mountain to shred. Also would you reccomend this or T.H.U.G.
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:SSX 3
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 06:34:41 AM »
If you want something new and improved, get this.  If you want to play the same Tony Hawk game that you have played 4 times before, then get T.H.U.G.

SSX3 is a really good game, so I recommend that you get it instead...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
RE: SSX 3
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 07:42:18 AM »
SSX 3 is a game that takes the series to new levels...THUG on the other hand, is a rather mediocre update to a series that last saw innovation when dinosaurs were walking the planet. Go for SSX 3.
DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 01:54:01 PM »
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 06:31:34 PM »
I'll just echo the others' sentiments... The game is AWESOME, its just really fun; the Challenge "mode" is wicked, everything is wicked, but my personal favorite part is doing the Challenges (well, that and races).
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2003, 11:01:18 AM »
This game blows 1080 for cube out of the water(or snow), at least for me it does. Its just to fun to play for a short amount of time, I cant stop playing after I start. Im hoping to make  video of me playing some other games and SSX3 and show it to my friends.
I need to pray about it

Offline nitrus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2003, 11:45:31 AM »
 well i have this game

OH! MY GOD IT IS SO GOOD BUT SO IS THUG IT ISNT THE SAME THING YOU HAVE A HOLE CITY TO SKAT IN AND MORE
THUG
-RIDE CARS
-DO ANYTHING (BREAK SOMEONES WINDE ECT ECT ECT ECT....)
- WHALK AROUND IT IS SORT OF LIKE GTA
-ECT ECT ECT ECT ...............

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2003, 12:15:50 PM »

This game blows 1080 for cube out of the water(or snow), at least for me it does.
Well, last time I checked 1080 didn't ship yet?

I'd reserve judgement until you actually play the game you are contrasting it with.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline novastar512

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2003, 05:35:57 PM »
I played 1080 and well, I was impressed(despite low expetations), but I think SSX3 is way better.  Especialy if you have friends to play with or a PS2 online adapter(for the ps2 version). But SSX, has awesome levels.

If you like halpipe it has that.  Trick runs, it has it.  Racing it has it.  Backcountry, it has it(remember untracked form ssx and ssx tricky?, this has even better ones).  Plus it rocks!!!  So many collectibles, but I don't want to spoil it.  It rocks!!!!!!!!

Offline SevereTireDamage

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2003, 06:26:31 PM »
On the subject of missing moves...

Does this kill it? I don't have an X-Box or PS2, though I played the original SSX Tricky on a friend's PS2. When I heard about the Cube's missing tricks and lackluster framerate issues in reviews, I passed...

I'm willing to forsake the online play, I don't really care about that anyway. From what I've heard, the load times are better and the frame rates are the same or better than PS2 for the most part. Are the missing tricks a dealbreaker?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2003, 12:42:59 PM »
Nope.  I have access to the GCN and PS2 versions, and from the controller layout on the PS2, I assure you that there are some moves that you would just rather not do on the PS2.  The GCN's missing moves DO NOT detract from the gameplay at all.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2003, 02:25:25 PM »
I have only played it on GCN, but I've found there to be too many tricks for me to keep track of, I can't imagine needed more.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline SevereTireDamage

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2003, 05:53:55 PM »
Thanks guys... I will probably pick it up as soon as I can find a deal on it.  

Offline random_hero

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2004, 04:19:02 AM »
I Just got 100%!!!!!!! i just need to get Platinum medal on Kick Doubt and im done. Awesome.
Survivor: The Complete First Season DVD - May 11 2004

Survivor fan and absolutly positivly fkn 100% proud of it.