Author Topic: Backlaugust 2020 - NWR is Dragon Quest Building up a strong start.  (Read 289 times)

RABicle (+ 1 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline pokepal148

• Going Crazy trying to find Redd
  • Score: -9965
    • View Profile
Backlaugust: The Official Negative World Nintendo World Report Month for Decimating Backlogs!™ is back again for more action! So start looking through your backlog and get started!

Here are the "rules":

Games can be on any system, not just Nintendo systems. I know we're a Nintendo fan site, but most everyone here is a multi-console owner. So play a game on any system you want.

Let us know what you're playing. Mostly just so we can cheer each other on.

Play games you already own. A lot of people tend to buy a game then not play it, or play it for a significant amount of time and then put it down. This is what we're aiming for. Games that launch in August don't count.

Try to pick up games you aren't actively playing right now. Games you're currently playing can be allowed, but in the spirit of Backlaugust, let's try to make them games you aren't playing at the moment. Make it a game you haven't touched in a month or more if possible.

When is a game done? That's up to you! Mark a game off your backlog when you've seen the ending or end credits, or once you've seen enough of the game in a game without a "proper ending" (like an arcade-type game). You don't have to do or get everything unless you want to.

Finished games will be posted in the OP. Because everyone likes to see their accomplishments recognized. Just post when you're done and I'll try to update daily.

It appears that some loser named Pokepal148 has stolen my totally 100% original idea and run some kind of knock off version of Backlaugust on Negative World. (you have to have an account there to view the Negative World Thread unfortunately.) Let's try to complete more games than those folks in Negative World. This also means that myself, Mop it Up and Guillaume on the NWR staff will be unable to contribute to either side since we are active in both communities. Instead, anything we complete will be counted as a bonus for the totals on both sides.

NEGATIVE WORLD IN PROGRESS LIST:

Nate38

- Hades
- Pyre
- Baba is You
- Clubhouse Games 51
- Ethereal
- Quadrilateral Cowboy

Zero

- Metroid Prime 3
- Hollow Knight
- Death Stranding
- Boot Hill Bounties.

PogueSquadron

- Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
- Shovel Knight: King of Cards

NINTENDO WORLD REPORT IN PROGRESS LIST:

Lemonade:

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

TOPHATANT123

- Earthbound
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Rabicle

- Little Red Lie
- Ring Fit Adventure
- World of Tennis 1920
- Rayman Legends
- Disco Elysium
- Where the Goats are
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Terranigma
- Ever Oasis

Mop and Pokepal's Super awesome bonus point squad in progress list:

Pokepal148

- Ever Oasis
- Rune Factory 4
- Persona 3 Portable
- Saints Row 3

THE NINTENDO WORLD REPORT FINISHED PILE:

Rabicle - Dragon Quest Builders 2 - 8/2

THE NEGATIVE WORLD FINISHED PILE:

The Mop and Pokepal super awesome bonus squad finished pile:

Totals (including bonuses)

Nintendo World Report: 1
Negative World: 0

« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 09:20:11 PM by pokepal148 »
Forum Retrospective - Come play games with us. It'll be fun.

Backlaugust is now coming to NWR.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I picked up Rune Factory 4 again for this and I'm trying to get my bearings. I know kind of what to do for the main quest but I need to relearn the farming and crafting systems for the game.

Ever Oasis is another one I want to knock off. It's a really fun game and I believe I'm very close to the final boss.

As far as RPGs go I'm going to go with Persona 3 Portable. I wanna say I'm in October for that game so I still have a few more ingame months to go.

And Saints Row 3 is another one I wanna get through. It's a really fun game and I need to finish it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 03:31:09 PM by pokepal148 »

Online RABicle

• Space Pirate
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
I wanna play! I’ll play. **** what’s even on my backloggery? I need to update that too! I’m unemployed and the pandemic should hit my town eventually so it seems like a good time for back logging.

Ok time to get organised and also, ambitious. I'll list my plugged in consoles and what I can return to playing to put them to bed.

Switch
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 - I'm most of the way through but it's a long game. I'll focus on progressing the trash storyline so I can reach the credits and unlock everything for the creative modes. Done, Sunday the second
  • World of Tennis 1920 - As a slow burn F2P game, I'm 60% of the way through the game's league structure. I should be able to knock this one over across 15 play sessions
  • Rayman Legends - I'm 2/3rds of the way through but it's getting pretty tricky. Done, Wednesday the 5th
  • Ring Fit Adventure - TIME TO GET FIT AND STRONG! Much likeWorld of Tennis this will require a kind fo regular schedule to get through.
Macintosh
  • Little Red Lie - Short, story driven 'game'. It's stuck in 32bit world so I have to play it on my Aunt's old 2010 MBP she threw at me. Once it's done I can recycle the computer.
  • Disco Elysium - Pushing my little 2013MBA to it's limits, I've heard this award winning game is a 20 hour experience or so depending on how distracted you get.
  • Where the Goats Are - I'll talk about this one with my farming game bros. Apaprently only takes an hour. Should make a nice break from my studying data analysis. Done, Tuesday the 4th
WiiU
HOLY **** I TURNED MY WIIU ON JUST THEN TO LOOK AT MY LIBRARY AND IT'S MAKING THIS HORRIBLE NOICE IS IT GOING TO DIE?
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X - The big one. I don't know how far I have to go but I've unlocked all the map. I need to just grit my teeth and push through. Haven't picked it up in years. Going to be so lost. Please send help.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Yes! My original SNES is still plugged in. There's only one game sitting in it though and I'm a bit terrified that the battery might've drained. Haven't played it in a year. Someone please send me a Super NT and Flash Cart.
  • Terranigma - Another big game to somehow knockover. I last plaeyd it a year ago. My backloggery account says "Just got the boat".

3DS
  • Ever Oasis - Well I guess if Pokepal is playing it, I should too.

I have updated my backloggery https://backloggery.com/RABicle
I will also update this post as games are completed and provide bi weekly updates with posts in the thread.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:00:45 AM by RABicle »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
Ever Oasis absolutely needs to be played. it is so good.

Not counting new games that are in a queue to be played, I have been wanting to play through the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild for over a year now. I have decided that when I finish Xenoblade Definitive Edition, Im going to start it. Im nearly done with Xenoblade, so I should be able to start BotW soon.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X - The big one. I don't know how far I have to go but I've unlocked all the map. I need to just grit my teeth and push through. Haven't picked it up in years. Going to be so lost. Please send help.

Save it for later. After playing XC:DE and understanding the XC series principles and fundamentals, I really do want to get back to XCX although I'm leaning towards just starting over as I had only gotten to Chapter 4 and the second jungle continent. I just don't want to play a game of XCX's size and length after going through XC and still finishing up the extra story content. But I've pretty much scheduled this in my mind to play in late November/December as holidays from work will give me the opportunity to really dig in and play it constantly it for awhile thus getting through a big chunk of the game this way. Wait until then and we can post/discuss it at that time.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
It appears that some loser named Pokepal148 has stolen my totally 100% original idea and run some kind of knock off version of Backlaugust on Negative World.

Clicking on that link just sends me to a page that says No Access. When clicking on the forums of Negative World, I see no forum topic about this. (Also, Negative World is an odd choice to use for a name. I get the video game relevance but it just gives the impression that everyone is going to be pessimistic or a downer on every subject. Also just one letter off from also being NWR.)

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
It appears that some loser named Pokepal148 has stolen my totally 100% original idea and run some kind of knock off version of Backlaugust on Negative World.

Clicking on that link just sends me to a page that says No Access. When clicking on the forums of Negative World, I see no forum topic about this. (Also, Negative World is an odd choice to use for a name. I get the video game relevance but it just gives the impression that everyone is going to be pessimistic or a downer on every subject. Also just one letter off from also being NWR.)
I forgot when I wrote that that you have to be logged in to see most of the threads on there. I just asked the admin there to make that thread public so it can be seen without having an account.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 09:42:20 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
I have Earthbound on my 3DS, maybe like half way through and it's been like that for a good 4 years I would guess. So I'm going to go and finish that.

I have bought a bunch of MGS games and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots has been holding that up for about 6 months now.

I have had Metroid Prime 3: Corruption on like 80% complete for about 6 months and I've had the trilogy since it came out 5 years ago.

Online RABicle

• Space Pirate
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Watching the Dragon Quest Builders 2 credits now. Worst boss fight in the history of gaming?

Online RABicle

• Space Pirate
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Re: Backlaugust 2020 - NWR is Dragon Quest Building up a strong start.
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 11:26:34 PM »
I guess I "beat" Where the Goats are.
jfc.

Also I may've underestimated the grind of World of Tennis. Right now 'm not sure I will beat the final league before the end of the month.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 11:31:15 PM by RABicle »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 76
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 01:38:12 AM »
I'm almost done Luigi's Mansion 3, just a few more hours, I hope, from the end.

I also have Undertale on Switch along with a few other games, but I'll only commit to playing those for now.  If I really had the time, I'd finally fire up that PS3 I got back on Black Friday 2011, and clear that out.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Online RABicle

• Space Pirate
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 09:44:05 PM »
So I've started Ever Oasis, seems fun. I wonder how long the game would be without all the talking though. I should be able to push through it by the end of the month with regular play sessions in the evenings.

Hitup Rayman Legends again, I'm really close to the end but there's going to be a bit of a grind to unlock the final set of levels. I have some thoughts on this game, on paper it should be an excellent 10/10 release but it falls flat somehow. Anyway some regular sessions as breaks between my study should get me through in a couple of weeks.
UPDATE: it is beaten.

After doing some research, I'm not sure it will be possible to beat Ring Fit Adventure this month. I didn't realise the game had so many levels and due to the nature of the game, and my desire to play it properly and not hurt myself, I don't think it's possible to finish it this month. I'm going to keep it in my list though to get myself into the habit of playing it regularly and I'll just chalk up what World I'm up to at the end of the month to mark my progress.

Terranigma, Disco Elysium and Xenoblade X are going to be the big three that will require some extended playsessions to lock myself away for.

A real danger is the possibility of getting addicted to Dragon Quest Builders 2 again. It's done now, playing it onyl takes away time form otehr games in this list but building stuff is fun and there's all kinda of cool chalenges to do. I will try to abstain for now. Maybe we can do Completember or something next month.

Also Lemonade should credit his clearing of XB:DE towards his month.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:59:22 AM by RABicle »