Author Topic: True Crime!  (Read 16503 times)

Offline Logic5

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:True Crime! (Ask a question, get an answer)
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2003, 10:14:12 AM »
Who is behind nintendos sinister scheme.....
It can only be Shigerato Mamayoto
Nintendo is falling, all its loyal fans weep.
"Logic5"

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2003, 11:51:52 AM »
Go away...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Slime I Am

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2003, 12:04:08 PM »
I concur. Where the fheck are the reviews for this bloody game?! It's out, so says the ad.

Offline Dynamitega

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2003, 02:04:37 PM »
Yeah, it's out... mine shipped earlier today.

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2003, 07:23:23 PM »
yes it's out, i got mine at 6pm  been playing it over 4 hours now.

it's a pretty fun game but it seems i am still very early into it.

i do have to say though that i am very glad i did not get the cube version this time.
i was going to but last minute switched,  only reason for me the x-box version is better is that i can not listen to hip hop, it makes my ears bleed. so i can use my own music with the x-box version. if the cube had that option then  i would have gone that way.

it would have sucked playing the game with  the music turned off or having to hear maybe 1 song on repeat.

Offline ghostVi

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2003, 12:32:45 AM »
I guess it takes some time playing before writing a review, I'd rather wait for a proper one.

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2003, 05:31:49 AM »
Just got to the strip club, had to fight all the strippers.
Spent the better half of the morning just driving around.

I used to work in Venice right on the board walk  so I drove over and checked it out, found the spot and most the streets are pretty much in order  but  they are  exaggerating when they say it's an exact layout of the city by far.

Yes the streets all seem to be in the  basic right order and all but  from working in that spot for and visiting near by friends over 10 years around there  I gotta say  I got lost a few times on the game  missing streets and turns because I tried to go off the way things looked. It does not look that spot on, if you go by streets you can get  around a little better but still some turns and angles are  off  leaving you  to end up on a street that in real life you would not  enter onto because of the differences,  as well as some places have no divider in the game that has a huge 100 foot plus section between  lanes of  opposing traffic,  they left out the Hollywood palladium, the wax museum, the vipor room, tattoo mania, and all that fun stuff down in that area too.

The game play  seems fun and although there are camera issues not have  been horrible but it would have been nice to not have them at all.
One  funny one was in a fight the camera backed off and went through the opponents face and I  saw their face from the inside out.

Again, if you do not like hip hop your gunna hate the sound track as it is about 99% that.

I do not think the cube version can play your own music but there is a option to turn the sound down , select certain songs off, or just turn them all off.

If you like west coast long beach type hip hop, you'll be in love.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2003, 06:27:41 AM »
Listening to Ice Cube and bustin' caps in fools.  Oh, how i've longed for this day....
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Dynamitega

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2003, 03:27:26 PM »

Originally posted by: ghostVi
I guess it takes some time playing before writing a review, I'd rather wait for a proper one.

lol.. funny.  I'll get mine tomorrow and I'll play it after I see Matrix.

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2003, 05:23:39 PM »
and another night of playing, pretty addictive game play.  you end up  arresting people  halfway through walls, sorta interesting no one caught all those little glitches as they happen  constantly.

i am having to go back and up my skills as the game all of a sudden got 10 X harder.

to bad you can not walk out onto santa monica pier and  no chainsaw juggler on the 3rd street promanade either, lol.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2003, 03:53:56 AM »
Hey guys, sorry I haven't answered anymore questions.  Once I got back from my weekend trip, I had to play the game hard to get ready for my review.  That review has been posted now, so hopefully most of your questions are answered in it.  Enjoy the game!
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline SSJBonacci2

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2003, 12:48:55 PM »
Ok, I have one question. How bad is the Sexual content, and is there any nudity. My mom (grrr she gets me mad) is going all ape over it having sexual content. I even told her its only the hookers like in GTA:VC. Ill be driving soon and she is pulling this... man she needs to chill. I told her to watch The Matrix Reloaded and then talk to me about the game. (I still have nightmares about that one L.....O....N.....G.... scene >< ) Any idea's on how i can get her to buy it for me... *thinks to self* maybe i should have my brother get it for me... if my mom doesnt. GRAND IDEA... but still please help me out here. Thank you
I am the prince of all Sayains once again!!!!

THE DAY IS SOON WHEN CHRIST WILL RETURN!!!! WILL YOU BE WITH HIM?!? GET READY!!!

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2003, 02:36:39 PM »
I dont think you should be playing any game like GTA VC , or watching Matrix reloaded for that matter.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2003, 03:58:05 AM »
so you're old enough to be driving soon, but you want your mom to buy it for you?
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

Offline SSJBonacci2

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2003, 09:55:45 AM »
Yea, the game stores around here are all TOO strict. They told my mom when she went to get it for me that it was rated M and had Sexual situations in it. She didnt buy it BTW... i hate when they do that... i might try and attempt to buy it myself since i look like im 18. (I work for a Tobacco free company, i go and buy cigarettes you know the drill.) Oh well... i still need an answer to my question :/

THE DAY IS SOON WHEN CHRIST WILL RETURN!!!! WILL YOU BE WITH HIM?!? GET READY!!!

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2003, 11:21:30 AM »
The game has prostitutes in the street who will sometimes fight each other.  And it has the F-word, which I think is why the ESRB gave it the "Sexual References" descriptor.  There isn't any actual sexual content that I ever saw, and I played through the longest path, so I've seen probably 75% of the game.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline SSJBonacci2

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2003, 12:34:37 PM »
Ok, thanks. My mom got it for me today and iv played it for along time. So far i love it, i just hope it stays that way

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2003, 05:41:42 PM »
I picked up the game today, and for the most part its seems pretty good.  It deffiantely has some flaws though, framerate can get choppy at times, which bugs the hell out of me.  Learning the controls takes a little bit of time, not quite as simple as GTA.  So far I havent done much, driving around and waiting for crimes to happen.  Most the reviews for this game were right on, its not perfect, but its better than decent.  It definately helps fill the genre gap, if you like GTA, your gonna like True Crime.  Is it a game that you will be playing a year from now?  Probably not, but its good for some cheap thrills.
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline Dynamitega

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2003, 11:33:29 PM »
Most people that don't like it want it to be GTA4... then they get disappointed, such is the case with a few people that I've seen that don't like it.  I like it pretty much... a few more months in the cooker and it would've been a lot better as far as the glitchy stuff goes, but I understand how Activision is hurting for sales, so they had to get this out.

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2003, 02:16:39 PM »
i  thought the scene   getting the lap dance at the strip club was pretty  good,  lots of  words  in it that many might consider bad as well.

mine froze up on me like 5 times today.
which sucked.

Offline Dynamitega

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2003, 12:16:40 AM »
Mine hasn't froze yet, but I've fallen off the world before and there was no way to get back, kinda funny actually.  I absolutely love how much stuff in this game that is breakable, makes for a lot of fun.  I'm pretty far in the game, near the last mission, and I've really enjoyed it, especially now that I know the controls well and know how to do things like stop cars and stuff.  The upgrades I got help too...

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2003, 08:23:40 AM »
This game is actually very well done, as far as gameplay goes, and the whole presentation goes.  The cut scenes are very well done, and the world is very immersive.  But the technical hitches are a bit much to ignore.  If the framerate was smooth, and the pop ups were gone, I think this game would be deserving of a 9.0/10.0, but as it stands I think it deserves an 8.0/10.0.  
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
RE: True Crime! (Ask a question, get an answer)
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2003, 10:10:26 AM »
The game ends with Episode V?

I feel like I just wasted $50 on what - 5 hours of gameplay?

Now, I playing a secind time and I'm going to try to be a "good cop".
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2003, 04:22:53 PM »
The good cop path has 8 episodes, and some of them are different.  That is the longest path.  Bad cop is probably the shortest.  There is also a neutral cop path, but I'm not sure if it has any unique episodes.  I know it does have a unique ending though.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Dynamitega

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2003, 09:23:02 PM »
I think it's pretty great...  all Gamecube owners should show their support and pick this title up.

My main complaint is the loading that goes on... it seems like that's all it does when doing missions.  That's really my only major complaint.