Author Topic: PGC Forum User Awards!  (Read 35780 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: PGC Forum User Awards!
« Reply #200 on: March 16, 2009, 09:23:51 PM »
lol its funny mop_it_up has been here since 2004, he was inactive from September 2005 till December 2008

i'd say person who has been new in this last year, people who were on hiatus for 3 years might qualify lol..i kinda remembered mop_it_up when he returned

i would say all votes should be in by thursday, and i'll tally them up and release them on friday. Please name your message NWR FORUM CONTEST [your screen name]

that'll be it for new categories I already have 2 messages with votes( maxi and goldenphoenix), if i add any more categories everyone who sends a message will have to resend
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 09:27:41 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2009, 09:36:02 PM »
Registered in the past year DUH
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #202 on: March 16, 2009, 09:37:28 PM »
I would guess that any new person that was here from January 1st 2008 to now would qualify.Aside from those that haven't been here in a while and just started posting in the past year.

If that is the criteria than I'll have a tough decision.

Zap I think you will be in the running for another category.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 16, 2009, 09:43:48 PM »
I hope not. I think you people should be able to post and contribute to Nintendo World Report out of the joy of your hearts instead of hoping for some non-existent award and pat on the back from peers you've never met.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #204 on: March 16, 2009, 09:58:39 PM »
Well Zap you can be funny at times. Although I picked someone else for my vote.

The New poster category is going to be tough. Between myself,The North Sea,Gylldas,Mop it up,Nova Q, and Stratos it will be tough for me.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2009, 12:43:26 AM »
Alright Perm I just sent you my list.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2009, 12:59:03 AM »
I agree with Zap. You either find some award for every poster who posts on a regular basis so they feel like they are part of the group, or you highlight an elite group of people that may or may not deserve the award because they spam the boards with every little thought they have while ostracising those people who don't have the time to post except may a few times a week. (Yes, I want to feel like a member of the group and not a satellite orbiting)

I think the original idea behind showing post counts was one way to reward those dedicated few who make the boards seem more alive than they are...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2009, 01:18:39 AM »
I agree with Zap. You either find some award for every poster who posts on a regular basis so they feel like they are part of the group, or you highlight an elite group of people that may or may not deserve the award because they spam the boards with every little thought they have while ostracising those people who don't have the time to post except may a few times a week. (Yes, I want to feel like a member of the group and not a satellite orbiting)

I think the original idea behind showing post counts was one way to reward those dedicated few who make the boards seem more alive than they are...

I know I post all the time in the boards in anticipation of the NWR forum awards. Being an elitist snob goober face has always been my goal.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2009, 03:06:37 AM »
Zap is just upset because he isn't funny, ranty or memorable enough to even get a nod in the awards :) :p .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2009, 03:28:31 AM »
Bustin, that being said those that have huge post counts and still have pretty decent sized posts write novels of information. Sometimes i think about my nearly 6000 posts and i think, had i applied myself doing something better I'd be ahead of the curb [in life] right now.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2009, 03:29:50 AM »
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2009, 03:32:11 AM »
lol so i was lookingt through my old posts and like my third post on this board was a back in the day post

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=655.msg1152#msg1152

"back in my day! lol"

I had like a 5000 post count on the ez-board forums too, I never became a Bill though. I miss Bill!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2009, 03:36:12 AM »
lol its funny mop_it_up has been here since 2004, he was inactive from September 2005 till December 2008
In the year between when I joined in September 2004 and September 2005, I made all of 22 posts, so I wouldn't say I ever qualified for being active during that time. I'm kind of surprised to hear you say you remember me... those old posts of mine almost seem like they were written by somebody else. It's crazy how much can happen in three years.

Anyways, if the category is "Best New Poster" then I actually would qualify for that as I am new to posting. If it were named "Best New Member" then I wouldn't count because my account is 4 1/2 years old. If you vote for me then I will bake you all delicious sugar cookies with homemade pink frosting.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2009, 04:53:37 AM »
Just to clarify, are these all of the categories?

Best Poster -
Worst Poster -
Funniest Poster -
Most Serious Poster -
Most Intellectual -
Most CaRaZy! -
Best Moderator -
Person You Wish Would Come Back (banned or left) -
Person You're Glad to Have Rid Of (banned or left) - 
Best new poster -
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2009, 10:14:16 AM »
Yep stratos those are the categories. Perm I sent you my updated list.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2009, 01:37:16 PM »

Hehe that reminded me of last years attempt at a please all awards
The 1st annual NWR forum awards

Just to clarify, are these all of the categories?

Best Poster -
Worst Poster -
Funniest Poster -
Most Serious Poster -
Most Intellectual -
Most CaRaZy! -
Best Moderator -
Person You Wish Would Come Back (banned or left) -
Person You're Glad to Have Rid Of (banned or left) - 
Best new poster -

I'm not really sure we want to have too many categories, as we found out last year.

I would participate in this years votes, but I was barely here for most of the year (gone from late Jan- mid Nov).

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2009, 02:02:23 PM »
I had like a 5000 post count on the ez-board forums too, I never became a Bill though.
Does anybody have an archive of those forums?
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2009, 02:06:14 PM »
Zap is just upset because he isn't funny, ranty or memorable enough to even get a nod in the awards :) :p .

Ranty? You're right but the only reason I'm not ranty is because I am so fuming mad I can't even think of something to say. The Nintendo World Report forum awards are the most self-absorbed, superficial thing I've seen since the last time Nintendo World Report displayed post counts, or the last time the Rat posted about how it's been a long time since the last time he's posted, or the last time Uncle Bob exposed himself for the world, or the last time they babblecasted about whatever the heck video game they're playing at the moment. Time and time again, Nintendo World Report forums has proven itself to be a gaggle of self-promoting yuppies. Have you ever heard the aphorism "Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics..."? Well winning a forum award is like winning at Mavis Beacon, even a monkey could eventually do it; and by looking at some Funhouse threads, it seems like Planet of the Apes  isn't that far off. Seriously a forum award? It didn't use to be this way. Nintendo World Report forums was once a small community of monks toiling away in anonymity, without sigs or forum 'titles', or other frills of modern foruming. Instead it was a bit like another classic movie 2001: full of long, zen-like moments of silence, punctuated by brilliant social commentary about where we are, where we're going, etc but without the fancy special effects of today. Instead we've become a Lucas/Star Wars vision of the future, with evil around every asteroid field (nongamers), lots of action and running around from planet to planet, and backstabbing each other (Mafia), the dark post-modern overtones of the emperor (mods), gray/black color palettes (HD), etc. Now I'm not saying the awards are a bad idea per se, or that I don't enjoy the action/adventure aspect of the post-modern Star Wars films and their emphasis on working together to defeat evil, it just seems like a way to legitimize long-winded posters without taking into account the other many factors involved in well-informed, text-based, video game-related discourse.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2009, 02:10:11 PM »
Have you ever heard the aphorism "Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics..."?

Says the guy making a long winded post arguing against forum awards. ;)

Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2009, 02:49:30 PM »
I vote Zap for best poster.

The other categories can be closed now.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2009, 03:51:10 PM »
I'm torn in my voting for funniest. Several people on here make me laugh so I can't decide who is the funniest. I'm also trying to not vote for anyone twice.
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2009, 03:57:39 PM »
I too vote ZAP DOWER 2009

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2009, 04:02:25 PM »
no one vote for me because i don't like popularity contest they point out how much of a loser i really am
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 17, 2009, 04:10:39 PM »
no one vote for me because i don't like popularity contest they point out how much of a loser i really am

Oops, I voted for you in three categories.  ;D j/k
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2009, 04:16:48 PM »
Well every one of my votes are different.
So I'm not really favoring anybody.
Alexis, she/her/Miss