Author Topic: METROID PRIME 2  (Read 98002 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE:METROID PRIME 2
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2004, 01:01:10 PM »
Metroid Prime 2 will launch this year in Europe, and considering Europe gets everything last, i would assume Metroid Prime 2 will be out in the US and Japan by the end of the year too. Hurray!

Offline tomjh

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2004, 01:59:25 PM »
*spoilers*
Yeah, so, like in MP, if you get the Pirate data that says that there were 3 frigates orbiting Zebes when mother brain got killed, and 1 was at Tallon IV, where are the other 2?  I know one went back to zebes or something like that, but maybe MP2 could build off of that?
See you next mission!

Offline Gamebasher

• Flaming the competition...
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 09, 2004, 03:25:58 AM »
Whatever the story will be next, I hope they will lower the AI on some of the bosses.

Yeah, I know that the game won´t be much of a challenge to many hardcore gamers if the bosses aren´t tough. But I couldn´t beat Omega Pirate after trying over 15 times, probably because I was short of one energy tank which I couldn´t find. Otherwise the game was a blast!

But the AI can mean that some people just can´t complete it, and so they might not be so willing to pay for it the next time. Did anyone say "videogame piracy"? I certainly do understand how too high prices on videogames and frustration over same can lead to it! Everyone I talk to say it IS so!!

Of course, you can´t easily copy the GCN games. But, then people will just get a PS2 and play another first person shooter and a copy of that.

I just hate it when games that are great, turn a nightmare because you get STUCK...for good...nomatter what the any walkthrough will tell you to do! Once you´ve saved your progress, you can´t always just go back and try to locate something you missed out on earlier, and which now affects your overall situation badly.

Couldn´t RETRO try to do something about that problem? Such as lower the AI, if even just a little! Would be gratefull if they would, because Metroid Prime is surely the greatest first person shooter to ever grace any console!

Nintendo is the originator of videogame innovation! The Great Mover of the Industry. Past, present and future. Rightfully, the King of Videogaming!

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 09, 2004, 10:21:23 AM »
I LOVED Metroid Prime's difficulty- it was a hard game, and it really made you feel rewarded when you beat it (especially on Hard Mode). I hope they don't change a thing in Metroid Prime 2 in regards to the difficulty.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
RE: METROID PRIME 2
« Reply #254 on: February 09, 2004, 10:27:31 AM »
I agree with Mouse. It had a real feel of achievement when you progress, coupled with nostalgia going back over old areas.

Offline Armed

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 09, 2004, 06:53:49 PM »
yeah i hope they dont change it either, i think the AI were perfect; I dont want it to turn out like the rest of the Nintendo games where there is hardly any challenge.
If you like to read comics click below
**My cousin made it, pretty cool**
"Bilaran Wars"-Click Me

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 10, 2004, 10:29:49 AM »
They should offer at least three difficulty levels.  Some found the bosses way too easy like myself while others found them way too hard.  I believe the AI was not even present in the game compared to Halo.  What made Metroid so difficult were the controls or lack there of and the well formulated puzzles.  Even the boss battles were basically puzzles, but that was okay.  

For example in Fzero one can change the controls so you can boost with L, accelerate with R, turn with the joystick, and have fully analog sliding with the c stick.  The default setup has you sliding using L and R and using the face buttons for gas and brake.  Analog is the only way to go if you want true control.  
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline evilnate

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 10, 2004, 10:33:21 AM »
While I'm sure that Metroid Prime 2 will be an awesome game, I'm hoping that Super Metroid will be an unlockable feature!

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 10, 2004, 12:25:05 PM »
That would be pretty sweet. I just bought Zero Mission and maybe there will be some clues as to were the prime series is going in all the extra stuff thats supposedly at the end of Zero Mission.

Offline Metroid masked

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 10, 2004, 07:31:30 PM »
im hoping there will be a demo of this E3 this year. From what ive seen of screenshots it will still have the same graphic style as metroid prime did. Maybe they could have a feature when you finish the game you could unlock the history of samus or something and it would have every single metroid game....

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 10, 2004, 07:47:06 PM »
I'm hoping that graphically, they'll be able to implement some more bump mapping and reflection effects.  As gorgeous as the first was, having those texture effects would have really bumped it up another notch.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 11, 2004, 12:17:25 PM »
Yeah and I didn't really like the way the water looked, I hope if anything retro will make those look better. I want lots of reflection. I loved how cool Samus' suit was. Sometimes I would morphball for no reason just to be reminded on how cool her suit was. I'm also anxious to know how the mulitplayer would work out. Would the take off the auto aim completely or would they leave a little auto aim on (like goldeneye where it would help you aim if you were near the opponent). I think they should have auto aim like goldeneye had it.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 11, 2004, 03:19:05 PM »
I'm thinkin' there will be co-op for multilplayer. If they did a straight out multiplayer a la Bond, it wouldn't be fun at all cause of the lock on thingy. I'm in this game for the single player though. It will rock.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 11, 2004, 03:43:48 PM »
Actually there are rumors that the multi will be deathmatch, but when you are in morph ball mode you can't be locked onto...I hope it's true, because with some creative level design, deathmatch could be very, very fun...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 12, 2004, 10:39:22 AM »
There's only one possible fault with that, what if you lock on onto someone else who's just entering morph ball mode?

Back in Prime, sometimes, and only sometimes, did the controls be locked for a second. I think, for deathmatch (in the way bill says) to work, Retro would need to tweak that a little... I'm nit-picking but I like it

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2004, 10:44:25 PM »

There's only one possible fault with that, what if you lock on onto someone else who's just entering morph ball mode?

I don't really see the fault you're talking about there..

It would be cool if in "deathmatch", you could be a space pirate, and fly and stuff. That would be cool, and make sense!

*pictures four different coloured Samus's shooting at each other for no reason*

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 16, 2004, 08:13:58 AM »
Yeah just because Halo had 4 different colored master cheifs for multiplayer, everyone I talk to seems to be expecting the same format for multiplayer in Prime 2. I 'm hoping for an actual character selection, they could include Samus, Space pirates, Ridley, maybe a smaller version of Kraid, and maybe some modified bosses.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 16, 2004, 10:11:49 AM »

Originally posted by: Rich
I 'm hoping for an actual character selection, they could include Samus, Space pirates, Ridley, maybe a smaller version of Kraid, and maybe some modified bosses.

No...Just...no...You should know why that wouldn't work...

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 16, 2004, 10:37:31 AM »
Personally, I couldn't care less about multiplayer- if Metroid Prime 2 does have it, that's cool, but I won't lose any sleep if it doesn't. All I REALLY want Metroid Prime 2 to have is Kraid- Ridley got the star treatment in Metroid Prime, now it's time for Kraid.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #269 on: February 16, 2004, 03:24:04 PM »
Can you imagine how huge Kraid would be?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 16, 2004, 05:14:36 PM »
Well i was thinking that they could mess around with some of the charaters so make it fairer.

On another note, I went back to finish Metriod Prime for the second time and the game wouldnt read my data. Like in the memory card manager it says that I had 17:01 and that the last save was december 21 2002 but I cant seem so get the game to read the data. any suggestions?

Offline Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 16, 2004, 05:35:01 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Can you imagine how huge Kraid would be?

Yeah, and that's what's so exciting about the idea

I want Kraid in the next game too...and make him hard for once (well, twice...he was pretty tough in Metroid 1)

INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave

Offline revolg_98

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 20, 2004, 01:35:56 PM »
I don't think Kraid would be any bigger than he was in the background on SSBM

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 21, 2004, 06:12:10 AM »
I don't THINK there's been any mention of this here, but I'll take that risk: for those of you who haven't seen the eleven second MP2 trailer, it's up at gametrailers.com.  I don't think that this early trailer shows much improvement graphically from MP, but it's cool nonetheless.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 21, 2004, 08:14:28 AM »
Heh, that trailer was just thrown together not long after the first game was completed...Don't worry, there's plenty of time for polishing...