Author Topic: Important! Read and bump!  (Read 6952 times)

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Important! Read and bump!
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2003, 01:55:23 PM »
And you know what?  dihydrogen monoxide is some really bad stuff

What's your point?
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
RE:Important! Read and bump!
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2003, 01:57:52 PM »
I'm going to work guys. If this thread turns into a flamefest before I get back, you're all banned ^_________^

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2003, 01:59:12 PM »
Oh odn't worry.  Flaming him over crap this stupid would be a serious waste of my time.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Ness_the_Mess

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2003, 01:59:50 PM »
My point is that if you buy their products you are effectively saying that they're not doing anyting wrong.  Murder, my friend, is wrong.  Getting away with it is just stupid.  Do you want to be a factor of their next killing?  If you do, thats horrible.
EarfBOWND

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2003, 02:24:37 PM »
I dont drink pop anyways.  If I did this probably would not hinder me from buying their products.  Although I do feel bad that these people are getting murdered, im not the type of person that would do anything about it(Such as boycotting).  
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ness_the_Mess

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2003, 02:35:08 PM »

Originally posted by: Jdub03
I dont drink pop anyways.  If I did this probably would not hinder me from buying their products.  Although I do feel bad that these people are getting murdered, im not the type of person that would do anything about it(Such as boycotting).

Lol, drastic action?  People can drink Pepsi instead, if not having cola is really a drastic measure.  Anyway, for people who take this thread seriously:

Some of Coke's most common products:
Bacardi Mixers
Barq's
Canada Dry
Cherry Coke
Crystal
Dasani water
Dr. Pepper
Fanta
Fresca
Fruitopia
Hi-C Punch
Ice Mountain
Limonaid products
Mello Yello
Minute Maid products
Mr. Pibb
Nescafe
Nestea products
Power aid
Red Lion
Refresh Tea
Splash
Sprite
Squirt
Sun Valley
Tab
Tai
Tasters Choice

EarfBOWND

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2003, 03:05:43 PM »

Starting July 22, a little-known boycott has started for coca-cola products. To participate, simply don't by Coke, Frutopia products, Sprite, and other such Coca-cola owned companies. We have to stand against these corperations if we want 3rd world countries to step out of the dust.

No way in mother-f***ing hell.  :|  I'm sorry, but Coca-Cola is my life and I will simply not stop buying Coke products because of a little boycott. I feel sorry for these workers in Columbia, but no boycott will EVER be big enough to get Coca-Cola to change something- it's one of the largest corporations in the world, for crying out loud! If I thought it would accomplish something, I'd do it, but I think everyone here should realize it WON'T. Do it by yourself if it makes you feel any better, but Coca-Cola makes more money every second, I'd bet, than a lot of people make in a lifetime, and a loose collection of nerds "boycotting" Coke products isn't going to change diddly squat. If the Columbian workers go on strike, that would most likely change the situation, but if they're already not making enough to live they definitely won't be up for something like that.    
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2003, 03:10:17 PM »
Isn't Dr. Pepper a Pepsi brand?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2003, 03:17:00 PM »
Coca-Cola is a company and is considered a single entity. However there are different branches all over the world ran by different groups. So the south american branch is shit? Well thats the south american branch and those individuals running the south american branch should be punished if indeed they are responsible for the murders. Now the North American and Aussie branches(gotta make a mention because of all the wonderful aussies on the board) may be connected to the South American Branch but do not in fact run the branch. I tend not to put people into groups and i do not believe in guilty by association. Im not going to stop drinking my American made Coca-Cola(actually i don't drink coke anyways. im just speaking out of principle and experience) but if for some reason I did go to Columbia for some strange suicidal reasons I would not drink any Coke. Also Nestle is having the same problem down there? Should we stop drinking Nestle? Thats up to you. Right now im gonna poor some Nestle Quick into some Coke and have Nestle Coke

sees list...well what do yu know nestlea and coke are the same company....
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2003, 04:27:43 PM »
Ness the Mess Ive edited my post, Yea drastic action is laughable but you get my point.  
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2003, 04:31:53 PM »
doctor peper and mr pibb wouldnt be made by the same company.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ness_the_Mess

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2003, 04:40:02 PM »
Voting won't do anything, by the same token.  If you believe the value of the individual is miniscule, it really destroys most western values.  If you don't believe a boycott alone will do anything, there is a petition being made, and many people are sending letters saying that they are boycotting and why.  So Coca-Cola DOES realize it's going on.

And yes, Dr. Pepper IS a pepsi product.  Sorry, I just copied and pasted that list from another site, I suppose I should have double checked it.
EarfBOWND

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2003, 04:49:07 PM »
Realizing it's going on and responding to it are two very different things. When it was announced Futurama would be cancelled a petition was started up to get it back on the air, which got over 200,000 signatures, I believe, the largest in TV history. Got Futurama gave a copy, which was bigger than 5 Manhattan phone books, to Fox, who promptly ignored it. I understand it's the American way to believe individuals have, but you have to be realistic here. I'm probably the biggest Coca-Cola fan you'll ever meet and I haven't even heard of this boycott, which is almost a month old. Do you REALLY think anything's going to change? Besides, even if the boycott was much bigger, Coca-Cola is HUGE company- you wouldn't be able to comprehend just how massive it is. I admire your tenacity, but nothing's changing at that plant down in Columbia unless they do something themselves, and I don't mean that to be mean or heartless, but to be factual.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2003, 06:13:42 PM »
Are Unions legal in Colombia?  Just wondering. . .

Well, if you have the risk of being shot to death for trying to get higher wages, my suggestion is get another job.  I'm still buying Coke products.  It's not my business what a bunch of idiots in Colombia do.  
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Ness_the_Mess

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2003, 10:02:51 PM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker
Realizing it's going on and responding to it are two very different things. When it was announced Futurama would be cancelled a petition was started up to get it back on the air, which got over 200,000 signatures, I believe, the largest in TV history. Got Futurama gave a copy, which was bigger than 5 Manhattan phone books, to Fox, who promptly ignored it. I understand it's the American way to believe individuals have, but you have to be realistic here. I'm probably the biggest Coca-Cola fan you'll ever meet and I haven't even heard of this boycott, which is almost a month old. Do you REALLY think anything's going to change? Besides, even if the boycott was much bigger, Coca-Cola is HUGE company- you wouldn't be able to comprehend just how massive it is. I admire your tenacity, but nothing's changing at that plant down in Columbia unless they do something themselves, and I don't mean that to be mean or heartless, but to be factual.

If you are a large Coca-Cola fan, then it's more likely that you would NOT have heard about this boycott, rather than the opposite.  If people were to boycott Gamecube, I would have no clue, since they would probably talk about it around GC-hosers anyway.

Anyway, some people wanting a company to spend money to continue a television show is different than asking a company to stop from murdering people.

And yes, to the best of my knowledge, it is legal to have unions in Colombia - not that it really matters, since the government has little say in most things.  Things are usually decided by who has the most guns+manpower.
EarfBOWND