Author Topic: Important! Read and bump!  (Read 6953 times)

Offline Ness_the_Mess

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Important! Read and bump!
« on: August 13, 2003, 12:17:05 AM »
In Colombia, Coca-Cola has some of its most major manufacturing plants.  If you guys don't know the situation, there is the colombian military, the para military, and guirilla groups all fighting eachother, and its a crazy mixed up place right now, and the US is making it worse.  Anyway, the workers at these plants have a Union.  However, they don't make enough money to live.  So, being in a union, they have tried to gather together to strike.  However, the officials of the plants have "allowed" (read=hired) assasins to kill some of these people in an effort to stop them from gathering and striking.  9 workers have already died, and 45 are on a death list.

Starting July 22, a little-known boycott has started for coca-cola products.  To participate, simply don't by Coke, Frutopia products, Sprite, and other such Coca-cola owned companies.  We have to stand against these corperations if we want 3rd world countries to step out of the dust.
EarfBOWND

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE:Important! Read and bump!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 12:22:43 AM »
You want me to stop buying Coke? Heh, no.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 12:46:44 AM »
Maybe if it were so important you'd put it in the thread title huh hey am I rite?

Er seriously, this has been a hot hot hot issue at my University, especially since Coke just gave the university many many many millions of dollars in Columbian blood money to carry Coke products exclusively, deny me my Mountain Dew, and ALSO MAKE MY TUITION NOT GO DOWN, BUT ACTUALLY GO UP SOMEHOW. WHAT.

Also my University is the most insane Battle Royale ever, maybe I'll edit in an interesting link when I find it.

Offline Ness_the_Mess

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 01:02:35 AM »
If I put "Don't Buy Coke' or somesuch in the thread title, fewer people would read it.  I considered it, and decided against it.
And Mario, if you don't feel guilty, thats just scary.  I don't even want to touch upon that.
EarfBOWND

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2003, 01:08:53 AM »
Why should i feel guilty buying Coke?

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2003, 01:09:51 AM »
HERE is how insane my University was last fall. That link and my entire interweb journal are for mature readers only. lol.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2003, 01:12:44 AM »

Originally posted by: Mario
Why should i feel guilty buying Coke?

Because you're supporting a company that murders union leaders and pays for my university dean's personal helicopter and banning of Mountain Dew

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2003, 01:39:49 AM »
Oh

*buys more Coke anyway *

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
RE: Important! Read and bump!
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2003, 05:19:53 AM »
Whatever.  Half the products you buy involve people dying to make it come to you.  This doesn't concern me in the slightest.

I am going to go to McDonald's and buy a large coke rigth now.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2003, 06:18:33 AM »
Well, I want actual proof that this kind of thing is going on...If you don't, fine, it doesn't really matter to me.  I don't drink soda, only iced tea and water.
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline BoB007

• Secret undercover Bob or something
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2003, 06:38:54 AM »
I had to do a project on Columbia a couple years ago. Everytime i tried to find information i would find news about drugs, military bs and guerilla attacks on landmarks. Man that was a hard project >_<. Anyway i rather drink Pepsi then coke. Umm is Root Beer a coke product?

* gets on hands and knees and prays that its not *

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2003, 06:48:27 AM »

Umm is Root Beer a coke product?
Barq's Root Beer is.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2003, 07:30:27 AM »
there may be some columbian coke distributers in columbia. Coke doesnt come from one place it comes from a place near you. Every city almost has a little room sized place where they put the soft drinks in cans(which are made in atlanta). Thats why if you go to different places Coke tastes different. And its a good thign you created this thread because i was gonna bring back the school shootings thread to talk of the wonderful thing that is cola.

Yesterday i had Vanilla Pepsi. Well it tasted like crap unlike Vanilla Coke. Pepsi used some cheap artificial flavor for its vanilla flavor and because im a conosour of Vanilla and Soda's I was like eeeww.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ness_the_Mess

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2003, 08:29:24 AM »
My girlfriend's Mother is the international head of Mennonite Conference Canada.  In the past year she has visited 10+ countries in the southern hemisphere.  One of these was Colombia.  She also works closly with CPT, or Christian Peacemaker Teams, which is a huge North American missionary organization.  Some facts about colombia:

There are 3 armies at eachothers throats
The US pays for the Military to have more people, weapons
The US sells them cheap wheat, which causes wheat farmers to start growing drugs
When the US finds these drug-growers, they are either killed or jailed.  Those who arent usually join one of the other 2 armies.
The US (not the government) buys the drugs colombia grows, insuring them more money if they continue to grow drugs

My only proof is 3rd hand experience, and a note I got explaining the boycott.  If you choose not to believe it, you are ignorant and stuck in a box that says "If it doesn't hurt me, I don't care."  I can't believe you would continue to drink blood ... erm, Coke, after hearing about this.  The fact that some of you would go right out and say it drives me to believe you are merely adolescant immature boys who are trying to get  a rile out of me, which is a waste of time.
EarfBOWND

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2003, 09:39:36 AM »
the coke we drink does not come from columbia that is the point i was making. Im sure Coke has some plants in Columbia. But they have plants EVERYWHERE. Their biggest being in Atlanta, Georgia. Also Bumping is against the rules. Im not bumping, but if your trying to alert people to such a "dire" situation then your going to have a problem. My point of view is Coke is the largest soft drink manufacturing company and their going to be everywhere. Their going to be in bad places their going to be in good places. Just because Coke is in Culumbia doesnt mean Cocacola sells drugs like coke to....

the point is hjust because the ocmpany is there doesnt mean their doing any wrong doing. Their an international company and they have the right to be in any country they like. Im sure pepsi is in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is huge on piracy maybe we should Boycott peps. See doesnt make since. So your logic is flaud.

Columbia is a shithole. It cant be helped

oh and it isnt Cocacola whos doign the paramilitary stuff its their third party bottling company
Panamco
http://www.kpft.org/news/041603story5.html
its just that cocacola is one of many caught in the war thats been going on for 40 years.

boycott coke products? hell no!

I doubt theres some guy in Atlanta at Coke whos like "they're striking in Columbia...off em!"
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline GCNMasterX

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2003, 10:00:40 AM »
Hey..as long as I get my Vanilla Coke, I'm happy.

Like Perm said, Ness, Coke isn't just made in Columbia. Maybe your girlfriend's mother is getting to your head...(trust me..its normal)
Who loves Vanilla Coke?? I love vanilla coke!

Currently listening to:  Twisted Method, Staind, Adema, Disturbed

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2003, 01:23:38 PM »
This is the kind of overactive behavior I hate.  Someone once started a petition to ban Dihydrogen Monoxide (If you know what that is, keep quiet), and after a while, there were actually protest groups rallying in front of public buildings trying to ban the stuff.  People are just suckers for a big story.  They go off without even bothering to find out the truth of the matter.

Just let me drink my Coke in peace without the goddam conspiracy theories.

Offline Ness_the_Mess

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2003, 01:25:44 PM »
You guys must be on drugs yourself.  I never once said that they put drugs in their stuff in Colombia.  My problem isn't that they have a plant in Colombia.  If you would just read my original post, you would realise that they are KILLING people, and THAT is my problem.  Unions are meant to ensure that people have fair wages.  They are entirely legal.  Hiring assasins to kill your emloyees is in no way legal.  Please, use some thought before you post, and don't say I was saying something I wasn't.
Coke products are labeled in red for a reason.  The blood that they have shed has stained them.
EarfBOWND

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2003, 01:30:12 PM »
Whatever.  Enough with the bloody conspiracy theories.

Ok, Coke is hiring people to kill all their employees so that they can make more Coke!  Are you f*cking happy?  Now let me drink my goddam coke and get out of my face.  And read my frickin post that's right above yours.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2003, 01:35:04 PM »
Ness you missed this quote from ThePerm:

"oh and it isnt Cocacola whos doign the paramilitary stuff its their third party bottling company Panamco"
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2003, 01:36:59 PM »

Coke products are labeled in red for a reason.  The blood that they have shed has stained them.

lol, dramatic

Offline Ness_the_Mess

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2003, 01:37:35 PM »
2x post.  sorry.
EarfBOWND

Offline Ness_the_Mess

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2003, 01:42:00 PM »
It's not a conspiracy.  If your dad was killed by his boss and there were no concequences, you wouldn't be very happy.
Kiss my link.  And my other link.

EDIT: and another link.
EarfBOWND

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2003, 01:50:01 PM »
Your only hope now is lone vigilante justice

Offline Ness_the_Mess

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2003, 01:52:12 PM »
Well, it was called a conspiracy.  Someone else doubted because of a lack of proof.  I just posted 3 sites.

Oh, and here's 4 links in one: LiNk
EarfBOWND