Author Topic: Switch User Interface Revealed  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Switch User Interface Revealed
« on: February 16, 2017, 08:20:06 AM »

A broken street date means we have new details on the Switch's operations.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/44120/switch-user-interface-revealed

A retailer inadvertently breaking street date on the Switch has resulted in a video of the system OS surfacing.

The video, first posted by a user on the NeoGAF (post 592) message boards, shows the setup process for the system and a few options.

Notably, the eShop requires a system update to function and the system appears to support full RGB output (2:25).

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Switch User Interface Revealed
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 08:18:27 PM »
This is pretty great. I love the sound effects going through the setup, its so Nintendo

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 08:47:12 PM »
Oh man, Nintendo must be piiiiiiissed
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 08:56:02 PM »
Yep. I wonder where it came from. I looked through the thread on gaf, but it didnt say.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 06:35:59 AM »
Oh man, Nintendo must be piiiiiiissed

I love it. Dude leaking the Switch UI while Treehouse lackeys are retweeting NoA's midnight launch tweet. I love it when companies still think they can control the marketing message.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline John Kreese

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 09:23:42 AM »
I love it. Dude leaking the Switch UI while Treehouse lackeys are retweeting NoA's midnight launch tweet. I love it when companies still think they can control the marketing message.
I can be sympathetic when a paper towel manufacturer struggles to understand the realities of marketing and information control in the modern era, but that sympathy doesn't extend to universally-recognized brands whose entire business is technology. I share your lulz.

Every time Nintendo releases a new product these days, I feel like I'm watching The Producers.
This is a karate dojo, not a knitting class.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 09:28:07 AM »
Yep. I wonder where it came from. I looked through the thread on gaf, but it didnt say.

If I remember right, the guy just said it got sent to him early. 

I think i'm gonna check-out on some of the Switch leaks.  I would have liked to seen this first when opening my own console, but I watched the video last night on reddit and spoiled myself.