Author Topic: Free Game-Pro Magazine Subscription  (Read 9445 times)

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Free Game-Pro Magazine Subscription
« on: July 29, 2003, 01:55:07 PM »
I found this link on another forum.  All you have to do is sign up, and you get a year-long subscription to Game-Pro. Only thing is you have to live in the United States. This isn't an ad or anything, I just thought you guys might want a free magazine or two.

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
RE: Free Game-Pro Magazine Subscription
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 02:11:39 PM »
Woohooo!  I just signed up.  Now I have two subscriptions.  One to GMR and gamepro.  I dont think i've received a gmr mag in a while...maybe I should check on that.
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 02:19:48 PM »
"Only thing is you have to live in the United States."

DAMMIT MOTHERF*CKER!  It SUCKS living in Canada!  What reason is there for me to be deprived of such a great deal?  Why the hell do they even have a country field on the form?  It's like some cruel taunt.  "HA HA Ian.  If you lived like 10 miles south you'd get this great deal but NO!

Offline TOY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2003, 08:12:55 PM »
Thanks Molobert,

I used to subscribe to Game Pro but I let it expire because I get to many mags, but you gotta love free stuff.

TOY

Offline TOY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2003, 08:14:48 PM »
sorry, my first double post.

TOY

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2003, 09:32:39 PM »
Is Game Pro any good? I know that's kind of dumb question considering this is supposed to be free but heh.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Giolon

• View Profile
RE:Free Game-Pro Magazine Subscription
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2003, 10:45:30 PM »
Gamepro is one of the worst gaming magazine I've come across.  It's writing is juvenile, I dislike the white text on black paper, and it's organization is practically non-existent.  I have a free subscription that just materialized out of nowhere.

Another contender for worst gaming magazine is EGM.  Around the June issue (which is when I let my subscription lapse) they did a makeover on the magazine, and by god, it's nearly as bad as Gamepro.  Where the previews and reviews used to be organized by console, they're now just thrown into the magazine in any random order they feel like.  Also, every page is at least 3 different colors.  Whatever happened to black text on white pages?  Is that too boring for them?  Maybe they never figured out it's easier to read that way.

Just to show I'm not all negative:  The best magazine out there by far is Computer Games Magazine.  If there were a console magazine like that...man I'd be a subscriber in 2 seconds.
¤~Giolon~¤

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2003, 03:55:39 AM »
Can't beat free.

Thanks for the post.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2003, 04:11:31 AM »
Pass. i value my free time, and squandering it on Gamepro isn't "free" to me.

Thanks for passing it along though.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2003, 10:10:47 AM »
Has anyone tried the new mag GMR(from the same people who did EGM)?  I think its only been out for a year.  I think its alright, anybody else have a chance to read it.
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2003, 12:41:50 PM »
Thanks for the notice

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2003, 03:07:13 PM »
i just got the new issue of GMR today. i'm a poor judge of magazines these days since i only read them for the articles in which case play and XBN are my top picks. i get GMR for "free" since i got the EB discount card. This month's issue features an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto, Soul Calibur II blowout (as seen on the awesome cover), and history of fighting games feature . GMR isn't my favorite mag, but it's getting there. The last three issues have been really good.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2003, 03:38:07 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"Only thing is you have to live in the United States."

DAMMIT MOTHERF*CKER!  It SUCKS living in Canada!  What reason is there for me to be deprived of such a great deal?  Why the hell do they even have a country field on the form?  It's like some cruel taunt.  "HA HA Ian.  If you lived like 10 miles south you'd get this great deal but NO!

100% agreement here.  Living in Canada just sucks.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Doerr

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2003, 10:16:43 PM »
Yeah being a gamer in Canada blows.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2003, 01:06:10 PM »
concerning Game Pro...anyone receive one yet?  does it start next year?  Was it a joke?  Are they picking on ONLY me?!  WHERE!?!?  WHAT?!?!?WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!???!?!???!?!!!???!!
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2003, 01:10:01 PM »
I get all the info I need here.  But I already get EGM, anyway, mainly for the Hsu and Chan comics (eagerly awaiting book 3).  Thanks for offering, though
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2003, 01:16:08 PM »
OFFER?!  WHERE!??!!?

I want Game Pro even though it sucks, and they haven't sent me one yet.  this makes me mad.

*makes angry face*

Offline The Blue Baron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2003, 01:26:51 PM »
Maybe this will help you guys out.  Lingo Dog once said to me: "Blue Baron there are many scams on the World Wide Web and you must be careful." He is wise.
"USA Today has come out with a new survey: Apparently three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population."
David Letterman.  

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2003, 01:46:58 PM »
Yes, Lingo Dog had many old qoutes and proverbs that are actually quite famous now.  He is my idol next to homer simpson and Snoopy.

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2003, 02:33:24 PM »
I haven't gotten my GamePro either, and it's been more than a month. I dont think it's a scam because the link was on GameSpy, but you never know.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2003, 05:49:55 PM »
Maybe it's 6-8 weeks or 6 months wait, or something. Was there fine print anywhere?

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2003, 08:21:57 PM »
From past experience, those free magazine offers take anywhere from 6-12 weeks to arrive.  

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2003, 12:46:01 PM »
i got my free copy of gamepro a couple days ago!  yea!  now i know about all news that happed 2 months ago!

did you know that nintendo is promising a product that is "special and unique" that will be coming out sometime next year?  really, it's true--i read it in gamepro.  what is it?  they haven't the slightest idea.

i also read reviews for soul caliber 2 for all 3 gaming systems, and ::shock:: link is the best of the system-specific characters.  i mean, the game only came out like a month ago and they already have reviews for every version!  this is amazing!!

to top things off, they had screen shots of doom 3 for pc.  i mean, seriously ... id software hardly ever releases screen shots for its games.  and gamepro had like 6 of them!  i'm sure for those of you who didn't sign up for your free subscription will be able to get the shots on the internet in a couple months, but for now you'll just have to wait.

gamepro is the greatest magazine ever.  i can hardly wait for next month's issue, when they announce that square is releasing a final fantasy game for gamecube.  maybe they'll even know if the rumor that the game will require gba's for multiplayer is true or not.

/end sarcasm
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2003, 12:59:05 PM »
Let's just wait for next week..."Rumor" has it that there will be some big news...

and as for the Doom III screens, they've been out for almost 2 weeks
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2003, 01:47:36 PM »
Yeah, got mine 2 days ago, i think.  Gamepro is bleh.  it's okay, but I prefer Nintendo and nintendo only.  i don't care about Xbox or PS2.  But hey, it was free!