Author Topic: Within this thread, we will discus  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
Within this thread, we will discus
« on: February 04, 2017, 03:08:28 AM »

Discuss.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Within this thread, we will discus
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 03:28:38 AM »
I feel like it is fake.

My evidence for this is as follows. When you watch the young lady throw the discus, she doesn't try twisting or winding her body further like in the wind-up. Instead she stops squarely in front of the camera and her arm is clearly aiming towards the person shooting in a very straight up and down motion compared to the more lateral movement in the windup. Frankly, when you look at the eyes, she seems to be keeping track of the video person while pretending to be focused on throwing it further away until it is time to release right at the camera.

Then there is the camera lady's positioning. She has brought the camera so that the lens is right up against the chain link fence. You can see a bit of a link in the beginning of the shot near the bottom left corner. Now, perhaps the camera lady was trying to make it appear that there was nothing between her and the discuss thrown but even if that isn't the case, by putting the camera up against the fence like that, she has no intention nor would she be able to follow the flight path of the discus if it were thrown correctly. Just before the discus is released, there is no moment from the camera as though to get ready and follow the path of the discus by turning its angle. It just stays straight on the subject the whole time. Now, it is possible the camera lady was filming in this way in order for the subject to be able to examine their stance and technique but all that really means is the camera lady was duped and this was a prank by the athlete. It can absolve the camera lady of being part of the fraud but it doesn't absolve the athlete purposely throwing the discus that way.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 03:31:07 AM »
This is the sort of discus discussion I was hoping for. I intended to discuss discus discussion for the foreseeable future.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 03:42:16 AM »
Well, if discussions about discus are the only discussions your interested in discussing while on this board of discussion with various topics you can discuss then you've come to the right place because we like to discuss not only discus but also to dissect and discuss the discussions of the discus discussions we discuss. Now let me throw this thread back to you like a javelin.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 09:46:21 AM »
I too like dis discus cus I like discussions that do not diss discus-favouring individuals nor cuss out enthusiasts of discuses through spiteful discursive means.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 12:33:17 PM »
The real tragedy here is that discus has yet to achieve the mainstream appeal it so greatly deserves. I mean, there is no other spot that requires such precision, such perfection of form.

You must be one with your curves. It's very positive body-image wise, I think.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 01:08:58 PM »
I'm disgusted.