Author Topic: Nintendo Goodness  (Read 10750 times)

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo Goodness
« on: July 29, 2003, 06:47:28 AM »
From today until the end of the year, Nintendo's going to be rolling in dough, as the best Gamecube games byfar are set to be released!

Today: Mario Golf (I'm renting it as soon as I finish posting)
25th Aug: Pokémon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire, F-Zero GX
8th Sep: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
13th Oct: Kirby Air Ride
21st Oct: Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
27th Oct: Pikmin 2
11th Nov: Mario Party 5
17th Nov: Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga
1st Dec: 1080 Avalanche, Pokémon Channel, Sword of Mana

That's the entire schedule for the year, and I'm looking forward to every bit of it!
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Fish

• View Profile
RE:Nintendo Goodness
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 06:50:18 AM »
Not to mention several third and second party games like MGS and Rebel Strike

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 07:00:02 AM »

Originally posted by: Fish

The Suffering
Beyond Good & Evil
WrestleMania X9
XGRA
Soul Calibur II

PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Gup

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2003, 07:15:05 AM »
where's the 3rd party support?
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo Goodness
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2003, 07:20:41 AM »
Gladius - Aug 19
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life - Sept 2
XIII - Sept 3
Resident Evil: Code Veronica - Sept 9
Auto Modellista - Sept 30
Viewtiful Joe - Oct 5
Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse - Oct 31
I-Ninja
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
SSX 3
StarCraft: Ghost
Need For Speed Underground   
Zanzarah: The Hidden Portal

There's my 3rd party list for the rest of this year.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Ryujin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2003, 07:43:00 AM »

Originally posted by: kirby_killer_dedede
From today until the end of the year, Nintendo's going to be rolling in dough, as the best Gamecube games byfar are set to be released!

Today: Mario Golf (I'm renting it as soon as I finish posting)
25th Aug: Pokémon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire, F-Zero GX
8th Sep: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
13th Oct: Kirby Air Ride
21st Oct: Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
27th Oct: Pikmin 2
11th Nov: Mario Party 5
17th Nov: Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga
1st Dec: 1080 Avalanche, Pokémon Channel, Sword of Mana

That's the entire schedule for the year, and I'm looking forward to every bit of it!

Well, I don't have a GBA...  Mario Golf and Pokemon Pinball are spinoffs, and probably aren't that great/don't sell that well...  The only GC game there that I feel deserves my meager amount of cash is MK and possibly Pinkmin 2...  Most those games don't seem like huge sellers to me, or am I missing something?  Most look like spinoffs, redos of old games, or sequels of games that aren't THAT popular....

Spinoffs:  Mario Golf, Pokémon Pinball, Kirby Air Ride, Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga, Pokémon Channel
Sequel to Mediocre game:  Mario Party 5
REDO of old games:  Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

Games perhaps worth buying:  Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (only one I personally am definately buying), Pikmin 2 (never bought the first, so we'll see), F-Zero GX (not into the F-Zero games, but I think many are), 1080 Avalanche (not into these kinda games, but I'm not gonna say it's bad cuz I dunno)

I'm not trying to be mean, but it seems like you guys get too excited about games that don't seem to have too much potential.  I always used to get excited when I saw these posts, but after playing too many games that this board was excited about and not having any fun, I'm not buying into the 'there are 20 awesome games coming out this year'...

Give me an actual pokemon game, not a cheap crap spinoff, or a new real game with mario and luigi in it, not a 10 year old game or a game where I can golf as Mario...  Mario Party is fun for about 4 games and 2 versions, but the fifth game?  come on...

I want awesome multiplayer games (maybe Nintendo should make an awesome FPS?  I'm sure they could come up with something really creative...)  The only good mp games I've played for GC are TS2, SSBM, and monkey ball.  MKDD better be awesome as hell for how long it's taken...  I wish they'd concentrate on bigger newer games and things like MK instead of making 10 little spinoff games and mediocre game and then finally working on Zeldas, Marios, Mario Karts, etc.  And since they want to be so innovative, make an innovative game that will last a long time in MP and has a good SP, not just these 'original' games that are only SP and last 10-15 hours (pikmin)...

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2003, 08:22:19 AM »
How can you call Mario Party mediocre?  It's gotta be one of the most popular series of all time.  Though it did inspire some pretty lame games, the Mario Party series has always been the bomb.  And I just got done from playing Mario Golf for an hour, and it's great.  The new swing system is totally cool, and works a lot better than the system in other golf games.

4 8 15 16 23 42

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2003, 08:24:26 AM »
And also, Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga is an entirely new game.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Ryujin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2003, 08:35:59 AM »
OK, let me rephrase a couple of things.  I don't think Nintendo will sell millions of copies and make a lot off the FIFTH version of a game people have already played.  How much in Mario Party can be added now?  I really did enjoy the original if I had enough people playing, but I think the 3rd, 4th, and 5th seem to me to be rehashes, and you can correct me if I'm wrong.  And is that Mario and Luigi game GBA?  If so, that's why I don't know much about it and wrote it off.  I want a game for GAMECUBE with Luigi, Mario, and Yoshi, either SSBM style (sidescroller, I never had a SNES or NES, and I really would like an aewsome new Mario sidescroller that I don't need GBA), or a 3D game with those 3 characters.  They need to spend time and make it fun...

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2003, 08:48:28 AM »
As for Mario Part 5 they are adding something like 60 new mini games, also they are adding a new way to play single player were all the computer players (Koopa Kids) take they turns at the same time to make it faster. If you didnt like Mario Party 4 then you probably wont like the next one, but if you enjoyed Mario Party 4 then Mario Party 5 is a must own.

Nintendo has a really good lineup for the rest of the year. All I hear for XBox lately is Halo II, but that is just one game. Nintendo has a great lineup of quality games and a large variety so everyone should find something that they like.

If you can look at Nintendo's lineup and not find a couple games that interest you then you should go sell you GCN, 'cause you will never be happy with it. I'm just glad they pushed some of the games back like FFCC to give me more time to buy them all.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Ryujin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2003, 09:16:43 AM »
Well, as I said before, I just want more of the games that last a long while for me.  I have to choose carefully what I buy, or else if there is something I want more, I can't buy it...  Plus I've really been into comp games lately, but I can't play them online at my house, so I've been going to a comp cafe, which costs alotta money after going alot, and it's addicting

I currently have:  Tony Hawk 3, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, TS2, Metroid Prime, SSBM, and Star Wars Bounty hunter (I think that's what it's called, my friend bought it for my bday for like 15 bucks, lol).

I'm probably getting Wind Waker once I save up some money...  I jusy really don't feel that most of the games currently coming out are worth my money when I can't buy too many games...  I would buy all the GC games with scores higher than 8 if I could, but I cant, lol.  It's hard to know if I'll really like a game, because most Nintendo games get really mixed reviews (like pikmin)...

So, I want more games that will last a long time and I know I will like.  I'd like MKDD soon...  I like games where there are tons of unlockables (like SSBM)...  I wish that Nintendo would collaborate with someone and make an original FPS with tons of awards and unlockables.  I like TS2, but it's too fast paced, even on slow, and I find it hard to aim.  I really like Halo (and I'm good at it), but I refuse to buy an xbox for one game...  I wish Nintendo had a FPS on par with Halo, or the Goldeneye.  One reason I bought a 'Cube was for the next Rare FPS...  I was hoping for kind of a mix between PD (or GE) and Halo.  Tons of weapons like PD, vehicles and a fun sniper gun like Halo.  I want the bots and tons of options PD had, but also the cool variations of game modes Halo had.  And solid control would be nice, not feeling like you're floating around.  Also have grenades like they are in Halo, but we also need cool stuff like proxy mines and the cool different weaps PD had, like the slayer.  Then add flying vehicles and parachutes (like BF1942), and maybe classes like team fortress or BF1942.  Maybe only classes in some gametypes, or it's an option.

This would be truly awesome, then maybe make it a little nintendoey somehow (not sure how, maybe a cartoony FPS?).  Maybe it could be similar to the Metroid prime series (not gameplay wise, but art style wise, and character looking)..?

Sorry, got a bit off topic

Offline WesDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2003, 09:17:26 AM »
In XBox's defence, KOTOR sounds like it's really fun. The PC port should be even better.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2003, 02:33:48 PM »
man, if u think that mario party is repetetive, what about the tony hawk series?  i try to find something new in each game, but they're all generally the same.  i mean, they throw in a few new tricks and all that junk, but i mean, the best one byfar had to be the first, for the n64, since that was fresh.  but 2-4 (and upcoming ones...Tony's allowed the games to be made until 2013!) were just things we'd all seen in the first one.  i mean just cuz the tricks are new doesn't mean it's more fun to do them, right?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2003, 02:45:48 PM »

I thought MGS:TS wasn't coming out until next year. I hope you're right, though.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2003, 04:21:57 PM »
I'm definitely getting all three racing games (Kirby Air Ride, F-Zero GX, MK: DD).  Some people may say Air Ride won't be good, but I've seen videos, and I know I'll have more fun with it than I'd ever have with something like Halo (yeah, I'm weird).

I'm not getting any other of the games on the list, unless I win the lottery or something, but many of them look fun.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Ryujin

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2003, 06:29:45 PM »
Was that post about TH series arguing with my opinion about repetitiveness?  Because I agree that the Tony Hawk series ir repetitive...  I have the first and 3rd, but only because I wanted more levels to play and I wanted to be able to play on my GC...  I've been looking at posts about low prices for used/older games, and I think I'll be getting Wind Waker once it's lowered and price, and I'll try to get SMB2 for like 15 bucks used.

I'm just really into multiplayer FPSs at the moment, which is why I've been going to a computer cafe alot and not playing my GC much...  I'll probably eventually get a real cheap Xbox once Halo 2 comes out, and if it's good wait till it's at 30 or 40 and get it, if not get a 20-30 dollar original Halo...  But I really am playing BF1942, Counterstrike (which is 4 years old and still awesome), etc, lately.  No consoles really offer a variety of good FPs that have good MP, which is what I wish more systems had...  I can't play MP PC FPSs at my house, so...

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2003, 06:31:02 PM »
I'll be getting the 3 racing games as well. I wasn't even thinking of buying Kirby's Air Ride, but the video totally changed my mind. Screenshots do not do it justice.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2003, 09:14:21 PM »

Originally posted by: kirby_killer_dedede
man, if u think that mario party is repetetive, what about the tony hawk series?  i try to find something new in each game, but they're all generally the same.  i mean, they throw in a few new tricks and all that junk, but i mean, the best one byfar had to be the first, for the n64, since that was fresh.  but 2-4 (and upcoming ones...Tony's allowed the games to be made until 2013!) were just things we'd all seen in the first one.  i mean just cuz the tricks are new doesn't mean it's more fun to do them, right?

i liked 2 the best to be honest, for the PC ofcourse, but then i never really played 1 much

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2003, 12:36:56 AM »
Ryujin, you do remember that Nintendo is going to have an exclusive FPS right? It was announced at E3.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2003, 04:19:51 AM »
Its GEIST, some rumors say it will come this this year, but i think it wont come out until 2004.

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2003, 04:35:31 AM »

I'll be getting the 3 racing games as well

I'm getting MKDD and FZero for sure. Kirby still looks too simple for me, I'll wait 'till there are some reviews of the final version. But the other two are already definate purchases.

Also for FZero does anyone know of a video online that shows the 360 turns that you have to do to make some tight turns and keep speed? I sounds cool, but I havnt seen it in action yet.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Ryujin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2003, 07:49:30 AM »
Really?  Is there any information about this FPS?  That brightens my day  I was 'out of the gaming loop' between the end of E3 and like mid July, vacations and fireworks stand...

Offline Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2003, 08:31:07 AM »
You can get a trailer from here:

Gametrailers.com

Its under Nintendo, when you scroll down the page, it cant be downloaded, you can only left click it.

The game is about some monster who can take over peoples and animals bodies, though i dont know much about it.  

Offline Ryujin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2003, 10:22:21 AM »
So it's being made by Nintendo or a 1st party?  I would get the trailer, but...  I connect at 28.8 on my 56k modem

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2003, 10:28:49 AM »
its being made by N-Space, who Nintendo now own. so second party.